My First Journal: GG#4 In DWC & Soil

BubbleBucketz

Hi there everyone. I figured it was time I start a journal to document some of my grows. Normally, I grow in soil but I wanted to try my hand at other styles of growing. As the title says....this is my first journal. My plans for this grow are to do a side by side using DWC and Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil. I don't plan on making it comparative as we all know DWC will do much better. With that being said, let's get into the grow info.

Strain - Gorilla Glue #4 Feminized (GG4) is a greasy, sticky favorite among medical cannabis patients. Its high levels of THC, which have been measured above 26%, and its high resistant to diseases makes Gorilla Glue #4 a favorite among users around the globe. This award winning strain is easy to grow, has a very high THC and is excellent medicine for pain, stress, gastrointestinal issues, AIDS, and ADD. Also good for PTSD. Flowering time: 60-65 days. Info from New420GuySeeds

Tent - 2x4 for veg and 3x3 for flowering

Lights - Mars-Hydro SP-250 in the 2x4 and Mars-Hydro TS-3000 in the 3x3.

Nutrients - Fox Farm Trio ( Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom )

I have a few other strains being grown with this as well but the Glue is what I will document. Other strains include ( Grape Ape, Granddaddy Purple, Super Dense Auto, White Widow and Peanut Butter Breathe x ZSkittles )

I had started these seeds a little over 72 hours ago and have sprouted. Pics incoming......

OOh those lights in those tents are gonna crush it! Cal/mag? CHeers BB gl to your grow! :yahoo:
Thanks. I do very well with the lights. Yes, I use cal-mag from GH. Thank you for stopping in too.

Currently inside of my 2x4 tent. The Gorilla Glue were germinated on the same date. DWC seed has taken about 36 hours extra to pop up.

DWC water PH is at 5.7 and I started a 10% feed. I don't think I'll stick with the Fox Farm nutrients much longer though for the DWC.
20200315_161057.jpg
20200315_161049.jpg
20200315_161043.jpg

Are you using the FF specifically for hydro? FFT has worked very well for me in soil but I think I'm gonna try out the GH stuff soon. Only problem is it's harder to come by, I can get FF in like 5 different stores by me. Looking great!

Are you using the FF specifically for hydro? FFT has worked very well for me in soil but I think I'm gonna try out the GH stuff soon. Only problem is it's harder to come by, I can get FF in like 5 different stores by me. Looking great!
I have read that you can use the trio in DWC but you need to cut back on the amount you use. I have used it many times in soil before but this is all new to me when it comes to DWC. I think I will use something specifically for hydro though.

So the only thing I cant really cant figure out....how often am I supposed to feed a plant in dwc? I see 900 different answers with 900 different results.

It's so far out of my comfort zone with the DWC plant....once I get the routine down things will be a little better but right now I am just guessing and hoping it sticks. I am keeping the PH around 5.8-6.0 and sticking to the feeding schedule. I never used PH or PPM in soil grows so I am learning with this. Plant looks healthy and is "praying" towards the light. She is also working on her second set of leaves. ( first true set )....besides that, everything looks like it is going as should. Hopefully I can get some answers when I need the help.

Checked the bottom of the basket this morning and the roots have grown about 50% bigger then they were 24 hours earlier. Reporting anything I see.

Girls coming along well this morning...not much really going on. The Gorilla Glue in soil is much bigger then the one in DWC. I am sure this will change at some point.
90165828_2641969126087113_1492031248757948416_n.jpg
90269919_827870181027262_2094553600620494848_n.jpg
87554108_253178059022277_575097950590468096_n.jpg

I'll sub in I got a bit of Dwc experience currently finishing up my first Dwc grow and about to flip my second.
As far as your nute question I use Advanced Nutrients Seni for my base I like it and the good thing about advanced is the ph perfect stuff they have in it works good to keep the ph in the right range.
Sounds like you got the ph where you want it ideally you want to keep it between 5.7 - 5.8.
Get yourself a good ph pen and ppm meter it will make things alot easier.

You always have nutes in DWC water...always

Change water weekly assssss well

Also, the bet pot with the rocks...needs to be full..all those slots will let light in yer bucket and goopies will start...
Fix that asap....and get hydrotron not rocks

Also get hydroguard and z7 for enzyme control

I use GH Flora Trio Nutes...love em

Yup keep light out of the bucket and get an enzyme are good advice.

I'm not a fan of the AN stuff, it's pricy, and it takes a bunch.

I use Dyna-Gro now and I'm very happy with it. Nice and simple.

You might be 901! Lol I imagine we can get some water folks up in here @Pennywise @Chris Scorpio @TurboBucket
There's so much information on here that it becomes hard to really know what to use as a guideline. Thanks for tagging a few folks.
I'll sub in I got a bit of Dwc experience currently finishing up my first Dwc grow and about to flip my second.
As far as your nute question I use Advanced Nutrients Seni for my base I like it and the good thing about advanced is the ph perfect stuff they have in it works good to keep the ph in the right range.
Sounds like you got the ph where you want it ideally you want to keep it between 5.7 - 5.8.
Get yourself a good ph pen and ppm meter it will make things alot easier.
Thanks a million for stopping in. I got a general idea what to do. I just wanted to make sure that I am not doing something wrong. I have noticed AN noticed alot with DWC so it may be one to keep in mind.

You always have nutes in DWC water...always

Change water weekly assssss well

Also, the bet pot with the rocks...needs to be full..all those slots will let light in yer bucket and goopies will start...
Fix that asap....and get hydrotron not rocks

Also get hydroguard and z7 for enzyme control

I use GH Flora Trio Nutes...love em
Thank you. I'll add the lava rocks for now until I get some clay pebbles. They came in the kit so I used them. I only did that to get the cube closer to the bottom then I can build up as the plant gets taller. I didn't think about allowing light into those small holes though. So let's say day one after changing my water and I add nutes...3 days later if my level is low, do I add more or do I wait til the new water change to bump the level up if the schedule calls for it?

Yup keep light out of the bucket and get an enzyme are good advice.

I'm not a fan of the AN stuff, it's pricy, and it takes a bunch.

I use Dyna-Gro now and I'm very happy with it. Nice and simple.
I'll look into them as well. I don't need anything crazy....as long as it works.Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom