My First Journal, Kanno 26: I Will Grow 6 Critical Plants From Royal Queen Seeds

Don't worry about the smell while the curing is on progress.
RH inside the jars is your best friend.

Didn't see hygrometers inside the jars tho? :hmmmm: Do you have any idea whats the RH in jars?
Also didn't you hang dry the buds for a solid week? Because the RH inside the jars might be less than 60%, and if so there is no actual curing happening. Yes they stay stored like that for sure and might gain a slighty better taste. But the actual curing is still like the 4th stage of growing. :D

And don't get me wrong. The smoke is probably top shelf :) But curing just needs to be done correctly step by step.

V
Hi @Verbalist, I tried to put a thermometer in the glasses and in three greenhouses I have 60% RH and in one glass 58% RH what should I do about it so that they are properly cured? And that being healed means that they harden? Sorry for the stupid questions;)

Thanks to @Jon, @Azimuth, do you mean letting longer vegetables and letting them grow more and then starting training, do you understand that well or do you mean something else?
Not quite. I mean you start training early on but wait to flip to flower until you are happy with the structure of the plant with any gaps filled in to your preference. But that can go on for as long as you like. You just want to be sure you don't wait too long and have them get too tall and then have the stretch take them up above your lights. (Ask @Jon about that :laughtwo: )

Hi everyone, so finally my five pineapple Kush are out and I have fun for a few months so we'll see how it goes I hope everything will be fine. I will continue the training as with my critical plants, I would just like to make it more center-filled, so I'll try to grow them more, I hope I'll help;) What do you think? I would like any advice on how to fill them better. @Bill284, @Jon, @Azimuth, @BubbaKush909, thanks for the guys guys, here are the photos of the pineapple;)
IMG_20220610_182302.jpg
IMG_20220610_182157.jpg
IMG_20220610_182149.jpg
IMG_20220610_182146.jpg
IMG_20220610_182134.jpg
IMG_20220610_182153.jpg
Congrats @Kanno26 5 perfect little girls standing in a row.
Nice work cracking and planting them.
Perfect timing. :thumb:
I can't wait for another perfect grow.
Are you trying anything new?

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Congrats @Kanno26 5 perfect little girls standing in a row.
Nice work cracking and planting them.
Perfect timing. :thumb:
I can't wait for another perfect grow.
Are you trying anything new?

Bill
Hi @Bill284, I would like to make the flowers usable in the bottom and middle of the plants and I am thinking about how to achieve this. If you have a tip, come here with it;).

Hi @Bill284, I would like to make the flowers usable in the bottom and middle of the plants and I am thinking about how to achieve this. If you have a tip, come here with it;).
I would top my plant once then grow all the branches laterally.
Like a T , by harvest most of the lowers had matured.
It really depends on your veg time.
The more you veg the harder it will be to get light penatration into the lowers.
1000 Hps, that was my first grow light Amazing penatration on the lowers.
I grew Christmas trees back then.
No idea what I was doing.
But that light got through, no problem.
But that's not practical any more.

Bill

Hi @Verbalist, I tried to put a thermometer in the glasses and in three greenhouses I have 60% RH and in one glass 58% RH what should I do about it so that they are properly cured? And that being healed means that they harden? Sorry for the stupid questions;)
Morning Kanno. There is no stupid questions.

Imagined something like that. The actual curing happens between ~62-75% humidity.
@Rexer pasted or wrote a good step-by-step curing tutorial Here
That might be kinda "advanced" guide for a guy first time curing the buds. But very solid info available for the future! :)

Try to keep the hygrometers inside jars and watch how high RH% rises. If it wont rise above 60% then theres not much curing taking place anymore. But it doesn't mean the buds would be lower quality.
And about "hardening" - they'll harden and compact if you keep them inside the jars and keep the RH at least close to 60%.

And give us a good smoke report when you feel like that theyre good to smoke.

V

Hi @Verbalist, so far I don't know how much it feels I don't know if it's cat urine but it's pretty expressive and when it's nearing the finale it won't feel that much. I am treating plants for the first time so I am not very sure.
Hey Kanno!

I had a Bruce Banner that reeked of cat piss. After 4 weeks cure, it changed to a potent as hell weed smell.
Congratulations on the harvest :high-five:

:Namaste: Hi fellow growers, I report after quite a long time I apologize but I am quite busy with work. My pineapple girls are above ground 7 days today and today they got their first proper watering. They are doing well but one girl has a bit of strange first leaves but I have no idea what it may be?
IMG_20220616_173347.jpg

Otherwise, the others are fine. Temperatures are around 23 degrees Celsius and humidity is 63% RH. I don't know much about it but it's a start so we'll see how it develops. Here are photos of the other girls. Thank you all for stopping and for tips on what it can be;)
IMG_20220616_173506.jpg
IMG_20220616_173341.jpg
IMG_20220616_173339.jpg
IMG_20220616_173337.jpg
IMG_20220616_173333.jpg

Hi!
First pic might be unhappy roots - maybe due over/under watering and too much light?

Rest of the seedlings looking healthy. But couple of them praying little. Could be a sign of too intense light. Coco also looks bone dry. You shouldn't treat coco like soil. Don't let the coco dry out completely. Usually causes odd pH drifts one way or other.

Babys looking good and good luck with the new run :)
V

Hi!
First pic might be unhappy roots - maybe due over/under watering and too much light?

Rest of the seedlings looking healthy. But couple of them praying little. Could be a sign of too intense light. Coco also looks bone dry. You shouldn't treat coco like soil. Don't let the coco dry out completely. Usually causes odd pH drifts one way or other.

Babys looking good and good luck with the new run :)
V
Thanks @Verbalist, I have two 100w led lights set at 50% so I'll try to put it at 25% and today got the first big watering. Otherwise, I sprayed them. So maybe it's what you think?

Looking good still Cannot. You doing great bro . I feel ya. Going thru same issues. The not sure this works best for me. Or what does.. I'm adjusting lights and better yields to get that good harvest nugs too

Thanks @Verbalist, I have two 100w led lights set at 50% so I'll try to put it at 25% and today got the first big watering. Otherwise, I sprayed them. So maybe it's what you think?
Yeah most likely, thats my guess.
Usually the one thing starts 'chain reaction' In your case it could be too dry medium, too much light which forces young seedling to transpire more rapid. And your VPD (humidity) might worsen it in worst case if you go any lower than 60%. Thus the roots might be unhappy and it shows up as dry/yellowing leaves & leaves praying.

Seedlings wont transpire much until the first set of true leaves (3 fingers) has opened. The first 10-15 days seedlings mostly focusing to build roots, so I'd rather to focus keeping their rootzone happy as possible, moist and fertilized with Rooting stimulators.

If your starting containers are size of about 0.5-1L, water them about 20% of the pot size once per day.
If you see coco surface starting to crack and look dry, then it probably is. :D
Pots are that small so you prob wont be even able to drown them anymore. Coco coir is an airy inert media. Keep it moist alll the time and start inducing Veg nutes slowly.

Hey, Kanno,

I was going to say the same thing as @Verbalist . Weird leaves like that are often a sign of root issues related to watering. But I think he's got you covered. :thumb:
Not really. Clone can have one. And also reveg plants From old roots . It's a weed .
I got one got elephant ears for leaves

@Kanno26 think. Basics . Light = growth
Less light slower growth now. I have opposite what you have now. I have slow growth.. soni raised my lights.. basic 18 inches.to 24 distance. But u got fancy smacy lights. Idk much on. Thos. I feel ya bro. Be careful on adjustments. I'm taking what I can on plants to time tune everything. Which want be over night for sure. Took 4 months for me to tune my lights. Took whole grow to watch them grow slow. To rasing plant on a bucket. .

Back
Top Bottom