My First NHtea Grow

Aww im sorry you lost the first reply Radogast, you have a great sense of humor and im sure it would have been funny. thanks for the vote of confidence - we will wait and see if the limb makes it. Ive done all i could. Growing on the roof, now theres a thought. I could actually grow in my gutters, theres all kinds of plants growing out of them now hahaha

Hi Lester, thanks for the reply. Why do you think there may be a male? I was trying to see if there were any sacs starting today but didnt see anything "yet" Ill keep checking thanks

Well, there are some of lanky specimens, and when you plant regular seeds in regular photoperiod conditions, you usually will see about 50% of you seeds go female, and the other 50% go male (ideally speaking only).

Usually in a varying group of individual plants, say you planted 10 seeds. You may end up with 6 females / 4 males. Or you could end up with 7 males and 3 females,etc.

It's all a matter of chance.

Well, there are some of lanky specimens, and when you plant regular seeds in regular photoperiod conditions, you usually will see about 50% of you seeds go female, and the other 50% go male (ideally speaking only).

Usually in a varying group of individual plants, say you planted 10 seeds. You may end up with 6 females / 4 males. Or you could end up with 7 males and 3 females,etc.

It's all a matter of chance.

I had bought feminized seeds, ( BDS Feminized hybrid) planted 5 - 4 are surviving but 2 are alot smaller. Im hoping the two larger ones are actually females. guess Ill know soon enough. I wasnt sure what to buy so I tried to get something that said "amateur grower friendly" and females.

I am setting up a small grow room to start indoors - any recommendations are greatly appreciated. I have a small mixture of seeds from a friend but I dont want to plant them and find out theyre all male.

IMG_20140808_125658_535.jpg
Starting to fill in nicely

Oh ok on the feminized beans.

About the oily appearance. Did you spray them with something or it's just like that?

Thanks guys, I sent a message to have it moved. I had started a journal but have been posting here. (noob) :thanks:

Alrighty then.. we have us a grow journal.

Great moderators here !!!
:goodjob:

I've only planted regular seeds. You made the right decision with feminized :thumb:

With regular seeds it's like sports - about half the time you lose.
I was 4 for 7 on my first grow. After eight weeks in veg, my favorite turned out to be a boy.
At this point, I've almost forgotten her name:)

Wow the moderators worked pretty quick :thanks:

Hmm I havent gotten so far as to name them. Didnt want to get "too" attached in case this was a total failure. If/when they start to flower then Ill name whoevers left

Yeah, it definitely could.

Make sure you don't spray in direct sun light either. :thumb:

I spray them usually in the morning before work or at night when i get home. never in the middle of the day. I have to go read up on male/female identification. They all look female to me except maybe the plant that I broke this morning. Although that could be just wishful thinking and He had it coming sort of thing hahaha

The oil should stay on them that is the defense your spraying on, just beware of light burn when your leaves are oily. The girls look healthy enough and I hope you have enough time left on your outdoor cycle to completely flower them out.

Thanks Dyold, that makes sense. I guess I was secretly hoping it was the start of flowering. Im worried about them being able to finish also since its almost the middle of Aug . Next year I think I am going to start them indoors earlier and put some in pots.

Comon flowers!!

Yay! Finally starting to see a hint of flowering! Now another long wait ensues but hopefully the end is worth it.

The limb Im sorry to say did not make it. Its buried in a shallow unmarked grave now.

The bottom leaves of the plants are starting to yellow and fall off - is this supposed to happen? I read that the lower ones do that when in the flower stage but isnt this a bit early? I mean I have just a hint of flowing - at this point there wont be any left when the big party is in motion.
pitils.jpg

Yay! Finally starting to see a hint of flowering! Now another long wait ensues but hopefully the end is worth it.

The limb Im sorry to say did not make it. Its buried in a shallow unmarked grave now.

The bottom leaves of the plants are starting to yellow and fall off - is this supposed to happen? I read that the lower ones do that when in the flower stage but isnt this a bit early? I mean I have just a hint of flowing - at this point there wont be any left when the big party is in motion.
pitils.jpg
not the best picture - ill try with a different camera when the rain stops.

The two biggest causes of fan leaves yellowing, browning and dropping are:
Flowering plants suck all the nutrients from the leaves and they drop. This is NOT happening to your girls.
Bottom fan leaves are shaded and don't contribute much to growth and are dropped. This might be it.

Yellowing without browning and dropping could be over watering, or PH or ...

A good picture of the plant, and another of the affected leaves, helps the good growers here diagnose what is going on.

Rain stopped finally. The brook out back of my house had white caps raging all night - I havent checked on my plants today, ill have to do that first thing after work tonight - hopefully they didnt get washed out. If they werent over watered before they definitely are now. have to take some new pictures for an update.

Damn damn damn, i dont know whats going on with these, they look terrible. And Lester, i believe you may be right. One is looking more like a male every day (guess feminized isnt 100%). the biggest one is definitely female but I am worried with how the leaves are turning funky yellow and brown.
IMG_20140814_181228_986.jpg
IMG_20140814_181224_187_1_.jpg
IMG_20140814_181210_014.jpg

I am starting an indoor grow. Ive picked up a grow light 400w and some mylar to cover the area around them. This is going down in a basement room. I am wondering about using air pots or regular garden pots. Have to pick up some kind of soil - I already have some organic nutes so should be all set there. I cashed in my coins and hit herbies - Buddha Assorted Auto Feminised Seeds
AC Genetics Turbo Jack Autoflowering Feminised Seeds Royal Queen Sweet Skunk Autoflowering Feminised Seeds and ended up with all this other stuff.
FREE: 1 X DELICIOUS CRITICAL SUPER SILVER HAZE FEMINISED SEED, 2 X WORLD OF SEEDS AMNESIA FEMINISED SEEDS, 5 X SLEESTACK SKUNK REGULAR SEEDS. No I wont be planting all these, only a couple to start with since ive never tried this before. Some will go outside in the spring and others Ill keep growing inside if it all works out okay.

Now have to figure out ventilation. There is one heat vent down there that i think i can disconnect and put a fan in there for exhaust. the door has a space under it i can pull in fresh air from there. What else is needed? Ill start a grow log when i get them set up.

Back
Top Bottom