My First NHtea Grow

nhteatime

This is my first grow (experiment) I did the unspeakable and used MG soil. I didnt find this site till after I had transfered my plants outdoors. Should I dig up the soil and replace with a better soil? My plants are roughly 5 or so weeks old and not quite sure what to do about the soil after reading all the posts about it.
plants_43.jpg
plants218.jpg
plants116.jpg

My friend laughed at me today because it looks more like a flower garden than a weed garden because of the pin wheels (keeps the birds away) beer cups (for snails and slugs which have two in it already) and the mulch to keep moisture in .

Looks absolutely healthy.

Do not be feared from the people who have put this dogma on miracle grow.

I have grown a 7 foot plant that yielded a QP dry using miracle grow.

Let your plant grow and vegetate. Soon enough it will flower out. Do not dig it up.

You can apply some flowering nutrients, and you can flush your plant before harvest.

Everything will be just fine, just keep on riding strong my friend. :hug:

there is no difference between added and a plant, a weed is simply a plant growing somewhere it isn't wanted. a rose bush can be a weed if it isn't wanted...

Thanks for the replys. I have four plants here and ive been reading so much about growing that I think im driving myself insane. I am going to leave them and see what happens thanks all for putting me at ease. When I feed these girls I have been using half the strength of MG because of the soil already being treated. Cant wait to see if they will actually flower and not die on me. Pantagruel I think I had a problem with the nutes in the beginning. All the leaves were curling and turning brown but they came back. If you look at the pic you can see most of the lower leaves died off.
Anyways thanks so much for the input , getting excited now!:thanks:

there is no difference between added and a plant, a weed is simply a plant growing somewhere it isn't wanted. a rose bush can be a weed if it isn't wanted...

I like that and your absolutely right! These are most definitely wanted so why not spruce her up and make her all pretty like the rest of my flower beds! Loving Life!

Thanks Lester, i started one but ill be damned if i can find it again.
only way i can find this one is when someone comments on it. Not too computer savy i guess.
I did find out how to subscribe to yours though, love the information im gathering from it and I Love your planting style, easy does it and listen to the plants and let them grow

Honestly, MG soil sin't that terrible. The reason it isn't well liked is because it has time released nutes. That makes it hard to know what it needs and control what it gets. However, it's not impossible to grow good bud in that soil. Just be a little more careful about your nutes, maybe get one of those NPK meters/test kits to see how the nutes are doing.

I will definitely look into one of them, thank you Srilania. I of course had to google what a NPK meter was.

I havent been giving them alot of nutes because of the soil. Every two weeks or so Ill add half of the recommended MG food so I dont over do it. Its all a learning curve but a fun and exciting trip for sure. Im loving it!

Ordered the NPK meter along with some bat guano and fox farm big bloom. Figured id get ready for the flowering stage which probably wont be for another 3 or 4 weeks here in the northeast. Anything else to recommend that may help?

Ordered the NPK meter along with some bat guano and fox farm big bloom. Figured id get ready for the flowering stage which probably wont be for another 3 or 4 weeks here in the northeast. Anything else to recommend that may help?

Cal-mag (calcium and magnesium fertilizer) is good to have on hand. When one starts to really worry about their plant, and cal-mag is recommended, waiting 3 days for mail order can seem an eternity :)

I knew i forgot something..the calcium - read somewhere here that was really important too along with the mag. I guess ill order some worm castings too while im at it. So much to this but so worth the investment. Ill order some today cause you never know what Ill need tomorrow. Now there's a slogan to live by :laugh:

Looked at the cal-mag (Highly beneficial calcium, magnesium, iron and trace mineral plant nutrient supplement), and soft rock phosphate (Excellent source of natural phosphorous and calcium: stimulates root growth) so ill pick them up and end my shopping list for next grow. Question: growing outside gets some natural nutes from the earth and sun unlike the inside grows where you have to supply everything? What is the difference in nutes for the two different kinds of grows? I would like to try to grow over the winter but i dont know if what ive bought so far is will be enough. I will be using a spare room in the cellar - hoping it doesnt smell too bad where my teenagers will get curious and go looking. I think I will go with an Auto this time - less guess and more apt to be successful for the 1st time inside.

Hello nhteatime & welcome to 420. Your plants look great. MG could use them in an advertisement. Sounds like you're leaning towards organic style from the ingredients you've mentioned. I suggest some beneficial microbes...mycorrhizae, bacteria. My nutrients/supplements/ingredients are basically the same whether indoors or outdoors. The fragrance/smell will be there, even in your cellar room. In bloom when I opened the tent for an hr. or so, the entire house will smell afterwards even with the tent exhaust fan going while tent was open.

Looked at the cal-mag (Highly beneficial calcium, magnesium, iron and trace mineral plant nutrient supplement), and soft rock phosphate (Excellent source of natural phosphorous and calcium: stimulates root growth) so ill pick them up and end my shopping list for next grow. Question: growing outside gets some natural nutes from the earth and sun unlike the inside grows where you have to supply everything? What is the difference in nutes for the two different kinds of grows? I would like to try to grow over the winter but i dont know if what ive bought so far is will be enough. I will be using a spare room in the cellar - hoping it doesnt smell too bad where my teenagers will get curious and go looking. I think I will go with an Auto this time - less guess and more apt to be successful for the 1st time inside.

Hi Brightlight and thanks for the welcome. I am trying to figure out the best ingredients to start with next time. I like the idea of having a little more involvement in growing instead of sitting back and watching although going with Auto takes some of the guess work out of it.

Back
Top Bottom