My First Outdoor Attempt! Outdoor Tangie Soil Grow, Happy Frog

Tangie65

Jumping in here please forgive any mess ups ;)
I've read and read and hopefully have figured out how to make My First Journal but no guarantees,LOL! Still a work in progress with more pics soon. Especially since I am going back to the beginning of her grow.
This is my second grow ever and I just wanted to try outdoors since I have a little garden spot anyways. It has been an interesting learning process including insects that like to just hang out and then those pesky bugs eating on her but she is tough and I have noticed so far the part the bugs are after is the fan leaves? Any other outdoor growers notice they don't mess with bud sites? Or am I just lucky so far? That would be unusual,lol.
This is one of my favorite daytime strains and hard to find close by for me. So even better is get some seeds and GROW some!

Attachments

• 20200425_082916.jpg
    20200425_082916.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
This is her on 5-17-20
Almost a month old and doing well outdoors. Loving that Sun and outside temps running in the 80's and our humidity this time of year varies between thunderstorms but normally over 70% until about July when it dries up and lucky to get rain once a week. At this point, with no rain, water was every couple of days.

Attachments

• 20200517_182047.jpg
    20200517_182047.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 85

Yikes! what's this!?!?! Turns out they are called Golden Beetles and they like to eat Cannabis,along with Blueberry bushes! which I happen to have 4 and in the garden with the outdoor girl.
I found the eggs after spotting the beetles and then later discovered the other stage which is a bit harder to spot.

And here we are to today!
She is 15 weeks old now and flowers are developing nicely. Some pests have chewed on her a little but nothing drastic so far. She has a couple types of spiders hanging out on her and I suspect they are keeping some pests in check for me :)
Up until several weeks ago, I had only grown in Happy Frog and didn't add nutrients. Being new at this, I wanted to keep it as simple as possible. But as we all know, things change. When deficiencies started appearing, it was time to act. She has responded well to the Fox Farm trio and adding Calmag. I went with theirs since I'm using their soil and still want to keep it simple as possible. I do worry she is dropping fan leaves to soon though?
I pulled a couple clones from this girl while she was still in veg. Kept 1 that I will make a journal on since it was my 1st clone and the other I gave to my Sister since she got her card recently and just started trying to grow a couple. Her clones have responded just like her and are turning into Beasts of their own.
Sorry not a better pic. Didn't realize it was getting dark so fast. First pic was taken just a minute or 2 before the other.

Houston, we have a problem :(
For some reason, the top cola is dying. Stalk right below looks damaged. We did have a storm blow through a couple night ago but next morning she looked fine. I never walked out to check yesterday evening so this all happened within 48 hours.
My plan is to cut it off and close the hole with tape or something??? I'm afraid if I leave it on there, it will fall on its own and cause damage elsewhere on her. Hopefully she will survive this drastic treatment since I don't know what else to do. All her other buds look great.

Back
Top Bottom