My first outdoor grow - bagseed

I didn't get to plant this weekend as I was out and about with friends and at work. Plants do look good though. It rained today outside so I'm not worried about watering them out there.

Plants inside are getting big, but i'm still waiting for the temps to stabilize.

Funny thing is l8, I have lady bugs flying around my grow spot inside so I might just snag a few and move em out there.

Growth Update: Well I finally took a bunch of pics to show you guys the growth on both my indoor and outdoor plants. First we'll start with the outdoor plants.

outdoor_4.jpg

^This is the 2nd biggest plant outside. It has it's 2nd set of leaves already which makes me happy.

outdoor_5.jpg

^Next we have the runts. I know they are planted 2 close to each other but I didn't even think they were going to grow. The one on the right is the one with bug problems as a fan leaf is almost completely gone.

outdoor_6.jpg

^This is the biggest one outside and it's starting it's 4th set of leaves :)

Now for the Indoor...

Here's a group shot of them all. I know I shouldn't plant more than 1 in each cup but due to limited space I had to plant a couple in each.
kron_5.jpg

This is the biggest plant of them all and it's some kind of dank 2 :)
Indoor_1.jpg

I checked the weather today and it's supposed to rain/t-storm all week except for 2 day where it's going to be 70. I'm going to wait another week with the plants inside and then decide if I should move them outside or not.
Still looking to get nutes as soon as I get some money. The big one outside looks like it needs some.

looking great payne! hopefully those babies turn out nice out there! Just out of curiousity and if u already explained i apologize for asking again but did you prep the sites outdoors at all? Like as far as lining your spot? I was going to go dig my site, put a tarp down, perforate it with a screwdriver so the water doesnt get trapped and drown my roots, then mix my soil and fill it. Also, do you have any deer around there? If so, what are you using to prevent them from snacking? :p

yeah, you will also have a harder time separating your babies. It's gonna be tough if you plan on separating, just make sure you don't shock 'em when you go to transplant 'em.

I agree fox but they are going outside soon anyway so I don't think it'll be a problem. I'm going with the gorrilla grow tactic because it is out in the woods. I didn't prep the site to much but thats because I didn't need to. They are planted near a swamp so there's a bunch of peat moss around. I actually have michigan hemp growing next to the plants outside so I think they'll do fine. As far as deer goes, I use soap and water and spray it on the trees and bushes around my garden. I've also heard that putting finish line around your garden will help keep critters away as well if u put a line like ankle height and again at like 3ft.

Good shit man! +reps payne! Are you using dishsoap around your site? Btw unless ur growing a gorilla, it's guerilla (for next time :p), wouldn't mind seeing a silverback sprouting out of the ground though lol. :p

UPDATE: I haven't been on in a while due to the busy weekend. Smoked a lot of mids, it had me feeling good. I bring news on the growth of my babies. They are starting to get to big for my grow space. A few of the leaf tips got burned because the plant grew in to the light. I can now only move my light in my grow space up about 1 more inch and thats it, so they have to go outside soon. So...here they are:

kron_6.jpg

This is the biggest of them all. You can see the leaf is burnt from when it grew in to the light. I'm training it a little bit as you can see.

Indoor_2.jpg

Here's the rest of the group. They are getting pretty big. I know now that it's going to be harder to seperate the 2 plants in those cups, but i'll figure somethin out.

The biggest is 3 weeks from germination and the rest are 2 weeks from germination. I think they are pretty big for having such a small light, I can't wait to see how big they get with the sun :)

I haven't had anytime to check on my outdoor crop but as soon I can, I'll snap some photo's and post em. Keep smokin :grinjoint:

so there's a bunch of peat moss around. I actually have michigan hemp growing next to the plants outside so I think they'll do fine.

Hopefully you can plant well away from any wild hemp so that your buds don't end up more seed than bud. Pollen can travel a LONG way on the wind.

Also, be vigilant at checking for males amongst your plants once they get mature enough to show pre-flowers.

I wouldn't do any fertillizing while the plants are so young and small (think you mentioned it in an earlier post). The soil should have all that they need for a little while.

Although of course you can add amendments and slow-releasing organic stuff, just no ferts that are going to shock/burn tender young plants.

Good luck and keep us posted!

I agree tortured, ppl have been telling me that the hemp growing next to them is bad for business so I ripped out the wild growing hemp around my crop (only a few plants). I will not be adding nutes anytime soon to the babies inside but as for the ones outside (3weeks old +) I found some 19 19 19 and only mixed a pinch or 2 of it with 17oz of water. The plants outside look like they need a boost really bad but it might be because they haven't been getting sunlight. Today is the first time it's been sunny out for 4 days (overcast the last 4 days). I added a support stem to my biggest one outside and gave it a little amount of ferts just to see if it kicks up. I'll find out in the next couple days. I should have pics up either tomorrow or the next day of the outdoor crop so stay tuned.

GROWTH UPDATE: Plants outside are getting bigger slowly but it still looks like one of them needs support. Take a look...

outdoor_7.jpg

I put a stick behind this plant to prop it up for sun light. I ended up giving this plant a very small amount of nutes just to see if I could kick start it. We'll see in the next couple days.

outdoor_8.jpg

This one isn't doing to bad but not much growth from the last time I posted.

outdoor_9.jpg

The remaining 2 have bug problems bad. I sprayed my plants down with soap and water but I think I need to mix up a pepper spray to keep em away.

Deer have not been a problem so far so thats good and the days are only getting longer and hotter. I can't wait for these plants to get big...i'm looking forward to it.

me 2 l8! The weather has stabilized in the 70's now but at night it gets around 50. I think it'll be another month before they fully take off though because that's when it's supposed to be 80+ everyday and 14hrs of light or more. I think the longest day of the year here is like 16hrs of light, but thats at the beginning of summer.

Back
Top Bottom