My First Outdoor Grow!

Thursday update.

I fed my plants again today. I decided to up their dosages slightly. Cause a wise person once wrote that more neutrients should be given to an already healthy plant to help it thrive more and not to a weak plant that's already struggling.

With that being said I decided to give them 18 tsp of Fox Farm Big Bloom, 12 tsp of Fox Farm Grow Big, and 9 tsp of cal-mag in 3 gallons of water. I mix this up twice to give all 3 plants 2 gallons of neutrients total.

Growth through the SCROG net has been great. About every 2 days I find myself back in the garden tucking new nodes that have shot up through the net (what seems surprisingly quick to me, and I love it)

It still amazes me how my smallest plant to start with is now one of my biggest. Chemdawg is definatly a beast to say the least. For the Blue Zkittlez they're definatly disappointing either, both plants are super bushy and have around 30 tops each.

I've learned alot about these plants in the past three and a half months, and they have taught me a lot of things too, with the help of some very wise people of course -》@Emilya

Thanks for reading! Have a great Thursday!

15628717672613085797286688205962.jpg
15628718770993974991939711185423.jpg
20190423_071203.jpg

These are when I first got them, the Chemdawg is the one in the silver pot. Significantly smaller and slightly more yellow than the other 2 Blue Zkittlez.

15628721504632120846491184456694.jpg
15628722240015669062317911280940.jpg

This is the beautiful Cemdawg today. Very beautiful and healthy.
(Forgot to add this in the previous update so I figured I'd add it still)

Good day cannabis lovers! Its been a minute. Had some medical issues to figure out. Luckily in that time my plants didnt take to much of a beating.

They did go 3 days without water but they got watered today and are still looking good. A little wilty and slight yellow in some of the inner bottom leaves, but not gonna worry about that yet, I figure it's just from the lack of water and heat. I will add more nitrogen next feeding.

I'm gonna keep a close eye on them to determine when they start to flower so I can switch up their neutrients. But so far still treating them for vegetative stage.

I predict they will start to flower in about two and a half weeks. No major changes to their appearance. They still look about the same. A little bushier and a little bigger. Will post more pictures soon.

So today I've observed dying yellowing and browning crispy leave. They were doing great too! They just decided to start looking kinda sad. I've been feeding them twice a week roughly giving about 4-6 tsp of grow big, and about 3tsp of cal mag per plant. I decided to try adding 2 tsp of tiger bloom this morning. However the symptoms seem to get worse. And plane 6.3 PH water every other day.

@Emilya Any tips? Or thoughts. You definatly seem to know your way around these plants really well. Please help.

20190723_185817.jpg
20190723_185820.jpg
20190723_185825.jpg
20190723_185830.jpg

So today I've observed dying yellowing and browning crispy leave. They were doing great too! They just decided to start looking kinda sad. I've been feeding them twice a week roughly giving about 4-6 tsp of grow big, and about 3tsp of cal mag per plant. I decided to try adding 2 tsp of tiger bloom this morning. However the symptoms seem to get worse. And plane 6.3 PH water every other day.

@Emilya Any tips? Or thoughts. You definatly seem to know your way around these plants really well. Please help.

20190723_185817.jpg
20190723_185820.jpg
20190723_185825.jpg
20190723_185830.jpg
yes... when you are using a nutrient system such as FoxFarms, you can not guess at the dosages or which products to use. This system is carefully designed and each week has a new required mix of not just the two products you mentioned, but also FF Big Bloom, an extremely vital part of the system. No wonder you are having problems.
Get all 3 products in front of you and then download the feeding chart for soil, and follow it to the letter. No 1/2 strength nonsense, follow the directions. If your pH is where it needs to be, you can not go wrong doing what FF designed their system to do.

Okay I will follow it more closely. The only thing that confuses me is that, I started them much earlier than FF recommends. They say a 12 week grow and I've done almost a 3 month veg. And they say to start giving it tiger bloom for flowering but it hasn't started to flower yet. Should I still follow their weekly instructions to the T? Cause I'm currently on week 14 of the plants. @Emilya

Thank you for the reply aswell!!

yes... when you are using a nutrient system such as FoxFarms, you can not guess at the dosages or which products to use. This system is carefully designed and each week has a new required mix of not just the two products you mentioned, but also FF Big Bloom, an extremely vital part of the system. No wonder you are having problems.
Get all 3 products in front of you and then download the feeding chart for soil, and follow it to the letter. No 1/2 strength nonsense, follow the directions. If your pH is where it needs to be, you can not go wrong doing what FF designed their system to do.

Okay I will follow it more closely. The only thing that confuses me is that, I started them much earlier than FF recommends. They say a 12 week grow and I've done almost a 3 month veg. And they say to start giving it tiger bloom for flowering but it hasn't started to flower yet. Should I still follow their weekly instructions to the T? Cause I'm currently on week 14 of the plants. @Emilya

Thank you for the reply aswell!!
I am not sure what you mean that you started them earlier than ff recommends... they go from seedling/clone into week 1. You need to follow their veg directions up to the 4th week in veg and then continue with that schedule until the end of veg... same thing on the other end with a long running variety... just keep repeating week 8 of flower until the end. I am pretty sure that this is mentioned somewhere deep in the directions. You will find that you are supposed to use Grow Big and Big BLoom whilst in veg, and all three products in bloom.

I am not sure what you mean that you started them earlier than ff recommends... they go from seedling/clone into week 1. You need to follow their veg directions up to the 4th week in veg and then continue with that schedule until the end of veg... same thing on the other end with a long running variety... just keep repeating week 8 of flower until the end. I am pretty sure that this is mentioned somewhere deep in the directions. You will find that you are supposed to use Grow Big and Big BLoom whilst in veg, and all three products in bloom.
Okay so that's where I went wrong. I upped their dosages of nitrogen because I thought that would help with them, with them being bigger in the veg stage. (I thought the chart was for only 12 week plants so I added more to compensate for size, but I was clearly terribly wrong) But I will flush them tomorrow morning and continue with the week 4 veg cycle chart untill flowering starts (in my prediction about 1.5 weeks). I also neglected to mention i did add the 6tsp of big bloom per gallon, cause I was reading that carries alot of their micro neutrients too

Thank you so much!! @Emilya

Ill post pictures tomorrow morning of the update

Okay. I'll adjust up slightly too see what happens and maybe give them a flush next feeding. And the soil is just a premixed from the store. It claims to be "organic potting soil"

Included picture is what the "frankensoil" is made of. (New favorite mixed-soil term) I just know some of the ingredients such as worm casting carry neutrients and some of it like cococoir doesnt so I wasnt sure if it's a soil or a soil mix, didnt quite know what to call it yet.
I like frankensoil too. I have 1 growing in it too. Seems to be doing better than the rest lol
:passitleft:

So this morning I flushed my plants half way. I did 3 gallons if water PH'd to 6.29 to 6.38. It got hot quick today so I decided to stop at 3 gallons each and this evening I'll do another 3, Just to ensure I got everything out of the soil that I dont want there. I've also decided to cover them with a tarp to help give them some shade. Then tomorrow I'll start giving them neutrients again at the week 4 FF feeding schedule. (I also wet the ground down around my plants in hopes to help cool down the surrounding area)

20190724_123923.jpg
20190724_123932.jpg

So this morning I flushed my plants half way. I did 3 gallons if water PH'd to 6.29 to 6.38. It got hot quick today so I decided to stop at 3 gallons each and this evening I'll do another 3, Just to ensure I got everything out of the soil that I dont want there. I've also decided to cover them with a tarp to help give them some shade. Then tomorrow I'll start giving them neutrients again at the week 4 FF feeding schedule. (I also wet the ground down around my plants in hopes to help cool down the surrounding area)

20190724_123923.jpg
20190724_123932.jpg

So my trellece net holder has been tightened and is also my tarp mounting points for shade. It works well so far! My stand did fall over once but luckily nothing snapped. It pushed over the chemdawg slightly but I propped her back straight instantly and re routed her through the netting to hold her tight. Adding bricks onto my stand to help hold them more steady.

Attachments

• 15639981037774625301162125386263.jpg
    15639981037774625301162125386263.jpg
    697.6 KB · Views: 78
Just curious, couldn't you use a thin sheet instead of the tarp? At least some light would get through to your plants. More like shade instead of blocking out all of the light, like a tarp would.
I unfortunatly dont have a thin sheet that will fit across the top, I need a super long one. However it is quite a thin tarp still. Is it going to prevent them from growing ya think? I just know it's about 103°F out here and was worried about them getting some heat damage.

I unfortunatly dont have a thin sheet that will fit across the top, I need a super long one. However it is quite a thin tarp still. Is it going to prevent them from growing ya think? I just know it's about 103°F out here and was worried about them getting some heat damage.

As you can hopefully see in the picture it seems like a decent amount is still coming through. But if it's still to much light being blocked I can always run to home depot and look for a long thinner sheet to cover the top with.
15640071365472804320853481882865.jpg

I keep my ph from 6.5-6.8 smooth sailing , using organic supersoil , my only problem is not being educated enough, I should have gotten something on hand to boost microbial life , won’t make the same mistake. Plants look good , nothing wrong with dark green as long as there’s no claw , Emilya has really helped me in my grow. She’s one knowledgeable cat that’s for sure . :peace:

I keep my ph from 6.5-6.8 smooth sailing , using organic supersoil , my only problem is not being educated enough, I should have gotten something on hand to boost microbial life , won’t make the same mistake. Plants look good , nothing wrong with dark green as long as there’s no claw , Emilya has really helped me in my grow. She’s one knowledgeable cat that’s for sure . :peace:
With that being said I'll probably fluctuate higher than I am now. And that's my biggest problem too, I thought I knew a little bit about it, but I was sadly mistaken lol. And thank you!

Ya she really is! My grow definatly wouldnt be where it is today if it wasnt for her advise and vas knowledge of these plants.

So update. After somebody had brought to my attention that the tarp could be blocking to much of the light. I decided to go to lowes and buy a shade screen for them. I lowered the mounting points for the screen so they sit just a few feet above the plants to provide full coverage from the suns heat (103° to 107°F in cali) whilst still allowing them to receive all the light they need to grow big and strong.

I had to go with the green shade netting because. . . . well. . . . its green just seemed right. I'm very pleased with the look of the set up now. I think with the over hang it has on the sides it gives it a nice incognito look aswell incase the neighbors are feeling nosey lol.

But here some pictures of my home made set up enjoy! and please feel free ro give some constructive criticism, always looking for new ways to better my grow
15640208763368749919927810649516.jpg
15640208973742160479922656990084.jpg

I like the shade set-up, I need something like that so I can grow in my front area.
Thank you, im excited to see how it does tomorrow in the direct sunlight. I just stapled it to the wood. And the screen is just shy of 2 dollars a foot at lowes, for my 3 plants I used 14 feet and it was perfect fit.

I'll post some more pictures of the shade it provides compared to the previous tarp set-up tomorrow aswell.

Back
Top Bottom