My first OZ cost $20.00

Narsbars

Been around a long time but coming here for growing information.
I am using household LED bulbs and having a fairly successful 1st small grow even with all the newbie mistakes.
On the next grow I am going to start a journal and have at least one plant grown by vote.

I am using household LEDs and of course I made every newbie mistake possible. Even so, I have a pair of Durban Poison in week 7 of flowering and early samples from an accidentally broken branch promise an extreme high.
Very hard to guess what the output will be but I expect low production after not training them right, over and under feeding, and sloppy PH management.
All of that said, they smell tremendous and the tiny sample I had from week 4 blew away me and a friend for two hours or more. Great Sativa high.
I just cut a bud today because I could not get the loupe close enough to tell the trichomes color. Still clear, no amber.
Are you using household LEDs ? If so, I can give you some tips. I am currently using 22 bulbs.

I'm using two led bulbs I had on hand lol. My grandfather grows and he let me have them so I'm assuming they are good for a small grow. Been fine of yet.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hard to tell without knowing what they are. Are these the small bulbs sold as grow bulbs? Some are set up with multiple LEDs and don't look like a regular bulb. Even in a small tent you need to be drawing at least 60 watts to get some nice tops. In very loose terms 7 60 watt equivalent LEDs put out approx 420 watts compared to incandescent.
Of course for a better picture you would need to compare them to sodium or similar but the same amount of electricity will get you more light. I leave you to be the judge on the balance. You can get a good light by using 6500 Kelvin and 2700-3000 Kelvin LEDs at different times.

You need to check Amazon for a Kill-A-Watt, about $20.00. The panels are often labeled at a wattage but actually draw less because they list the wattage at the maximum draw. The designers don't run them at max to save the LEDs. Even if yours were only 250 Watts you are going to have enough for a small grow. The biggie will be controlling the height on a regular basis and covering the inside surface with Mylar or better.
I think you are going to grow some good herb.

Back
Top Bottom