my first pure sativa - what do u think?

dubby

hello ,

my first time growing sativa .... and i'm not so happy .

i uploaded a few pics for u guys to tell me what u think..the plant is in his 10 week of flowering i think .
his height is near 2 meters long and the buds are small u can see in the pic with my finger near .
but there is like 20 buds like thet on the plant ...
i dont think the buds will grow more and i'm not sure when to harvest them.

IMG1782.jpg

IMG1781.jpg

IMG1780.jpg

IMG1779.jpg

Re: my first pure sativa... what do u think..?

Sativas do grow really tall... grown outdoors it's not uncommon for them to get 8-10' or more.

regarding the flowering... yep, they take a long time to mature. Where most indicas or hybrids fall somewhere in the 6-10 week flowering range, sativas are traditionally a more tropical/Equatorial species, which have much longer growing seasons and can go 14-18 weeks - some perhaps even a little longer.

As for when to harvest, I'm pretty sure it's the same - you go by color of the trichomes.

This will show you how to upload pictures properly: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Outside hosting is not allowed, what happens is people later remove the pictures, and when someone looks into a topic for information, the pictures are missing.

As Garage Grower stated, the most accurate way to harvest is by looking at trichome colors. You'll need a 30x-60x scope or magnifier to see them.

trichome_developement.jpeg

Your plant doesn't look to happy and she shows it. Still no matter what you're gonna do you're not gonna get big budz :) It's just impossible with a pure one :) But if you treat her well, she's gonna produce the finest smoke you can immagine, if you can appreciate it. What's the strain or where did the seed come from?

Ok man if you're still hanging there just use galleery for uploads!

ow sorry guys didn't know i needed to use the gallery will do it next time...
and the thing is about this plant shes not sticky at all i dont think she have any trichome is it possible?
and another point that i cant understand is whay she is not smelly i barely can smell the fresh of the plant ...
i dont know what kind of seed it wose just from rendom plant maybe indian sativa donno

Your plant doesn't look to happy and she shows it. Still no matter what you're gonna do you're not gonna get big budz :) It's just impossible with a pure one :) But if you treat her well, she's gonna produce the finest smoke you can immagine, if you can appreciate it. What's the strain or where did the seed come from?

whay shes not happy i can't see any sign just a little bit yellowing ther and ther and thats all i'm using the general hydroponics food ..

I have Exodus Cheese in the ground atm .. it's supposed to be a smelly plant. I'm growing 4, and have just a barely smellable odor once in a while. Mainly just before lights on, and once it get's warm in the box.

They are in bloom for a week now .. and so far, the smell has not gotten noticeably worse. If yours is not a bad stinker, as is Exodus Cheese, you're prolly not gonna smell much, until you handle her.

First of all ... he is a she, or she would not be giving you buds ;)

I have Exodus Cheese in the ground atm .. it's supposed to be a smelly plant. I'm growing 4, and have just a barely smellable odor once in a while. Mainly just before lights on, and once it get's warm in the box.

They are in bloom for a week now .. and so far, the smell has not gotten noticeably worse. If yours is not a bad stinker, as is Exodus Cheese, you're prolly not gonna smell much, until you handle her.

What pot-size is she in ?

Your leaves are curling a little bit more than they supposed to, even with a pure sativa, and they're not perky

And it is pure sativa, man! You're right! And I'd be jumping in the air, but that's just me :) Ok, I'll break it down for you, sativas come from very wet and/or humid climates, so they are genetically not fit to produce bulky and huge budz. Some of these strains will be denser in bloom, and some fluffier, but forget about something even remotely resembling modern hybrids :)

That's how they usually look when they're ready:

Nanda Devi (Himalyan sativa, charas plant)
nandadevi6.jpg

nanda63.jpg
nanda91.jpg

nandabud1.jpg
nandabud8.jpg

Malawi Gold
malawi_gold4.jpg
malawi_gold1.jpg
malawi_gold3.jpg
malawi_gold11.jpg
malawi_gold12.jpg

Ok, so landrace sativas very rarely start producing resin before late flowering. My Malawi Gold for example is notorious in producing it only in the last 2-3 weeks of bloom. Also, this resin is different, and less sticky... but don't be fooled, these trichomes can blow up your cool in few minutes if you smoke a little bit too much :bong: :laugh: Also, this high is usually very different, it's almost holy, and extremely pleasant. It can also make depression go away in 10 minutes :) I say that sativas are like Champagne of weed, and you need to smoke your way through first to really appreciate it... or you are one of these lucky bastard oldtimers, and you smoked them in the 70's or early 80's :)

ye i can see that her leaves are to curling and dont know what to do .
the pot size is a regular one like 4 liters i think...and the grow tent is a 50X190 Centimetres
i know the tent is to small for her and a few buds are on top near the light the temp in the tent is like 25-29 degrees
and the humid is 35%-45%

Temps are not the problem if u can provide good ventillation, but to get her excited you have to raise your RH to 60-70%. Also you can LST her when you like as sativas will lean sooner or later, so they are used to it. Another thing is you need plenty of light for THC production, and the best is LED setup supplementing UVB and more red spectrum in general. That's specifically to mimic equatorial UVB index. Also, your nitrogen levels should be upped a little throughout bloom as this beauty will take up to 16-19 weeks to finish.

Good luck, man!

Yeah, she's rootbound for sure with that height.

Yup trying raising the humidity first and see what happens. You have that thing in a 1 gallon pot?!? Isn't it rootbound?

i'm trying and 50% its the max i get and dident know she will grow 2 miters lool
i also trying to make a horse shoe all around the tent inside but not near the lamp ..

i'm trying and 50% its the max i get and dident know she will grow 2 miters lool
i also trying to make a horse shoe all around the tent inside but not near the lamp ..

Ok, tell us how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom