My first setup! Any suggestions?

Orros

Hello everyone!

I'm pretty excited to show you my first indoor grow closet setup!

The temps are 21-22 degrees (celsius) when the lights are off and 26-28.5 degrees right under the plants when they are on and 24 degrees in the rest of the room.

When the lights are off humidity goes up between 70-80% and when they are on it goes between 50-60%

Here are my specs:

Strain - Jamaïcan Kush
# of Plants - 2
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Vegetative (2 weeks old)
Lights - (1) 250 Watt MH
Nutrients - None yet
Medium - 50% Perlite 50% Vermiculite for plant 2, no vermiculite in plant 1
Room Temperature -21 to 28
Room Square Footage - 3.5' x 6.5'
Pests - None Known
Fans - 1 190 cfm exhaust fan with carbon filter, one 165 cfm intake fan, and one oscilliating fan
1 Warm humidifier

I would like some opinions and/or tips!

Setupplant_-_3.jpg

Setupplant_-_4.jpg

Setupplant_-_5.jpg

Setupplant_-_2.JPG

Setupplant_-_1.JPG

IMG_47833.jpg

Your medium percentages appear to be off. 50% perlite 50% vermiculite? How much soil?

The differences in vermiculite in one pot, and none in the other might also have an effect on how often they need water. The one without vermiculite will most likely need water first, so to grow at an optimal level, you would never be watering them both at the same time, since you need to let them dry out before watering again.

Great tips here: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Lighting should be ok to cover the 2 plants, but it's not enough for the room, if you plan to add more plants later.

Your medium percentages appear to be off. 50% perlite 50% vermiculite? How much soil?

The differences in vermiculite in one pot, and none in the other might also have an effect on how often they need water. The one without vermiculite will most likely need water first, so to grow at an optimal level, you would never be watering them both at the same time, since you need to let them dry out before watering again.

Great tips here: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Lighting should be ok to cover the 2 plants, but it's not enough for the room, if you plan to add more plants later.

Thanks for answering!

Well, I meant there's soil plus vermiculite and perlite. When my girlfriend mixed the soil, she added in one of the pot as much perlite as vermi. In the other pot, she mixed the soil with only perlite, no vermiculite, just to test since we're beginners.

And even if all my wall are from reflecting material it won't cover more than 2 plants if I put them on the ground as they grow?

I tought 4 would be the max?

The wall will reflect some light, yes. But it won't be enough to grow more than 2 plants. You'll need to increase the wattage to grow more plants that provide a nice yield. When a plant has less light, the growth is less vigorous from what I've noticed. In Veg, as well as Flower.

In Veg, branches don't grow as big as fast, and in Flower, buds don't grow real crazy and form large colas.

4 plants for that one light is possible, but the yield would be greatly reduced, almost to the point that you'd be better off growing 2 instead of 4, so the light can be better focused on 2, instead of 4.

Back
Top Bottom