Ok so today I took some pics for you cozias heres my veg room
Veg_Room10.JPG
she_s_tied_down.JPG

This is 1 I tied down
Sativa_Clones.JPG
It_s_a_Girl_.JPG
023147.JPG
019181.JPG

Heres some that are in my room they turned hermy on me about 40 days into flower. They had nice buds on them thats why I didnt pull them. I made a few mistakes but it is a lesson learned.Trust me I wont make them again.
Sens_Star.JPG
chick_with_a_dick.JPG
012357.JPG
001817.JPG
006622.JPG

It can be a jungle in there at times same with my veg room I have to go in there and do some pruning. I thought you would like to see how they are doing. :peace:

wow! nice setup in there, and nice kids too :goodjob: flower room is on cfl's too ? and how big they are (W) ?
I found some 2700 k cfl's 42 w I want to use more light for the flower. so 18 plugs x 42 w like 756 w. enough ?
how they turn into hermie since they where female ? stres, light, heat?

Well for starters Thats a 1000 watter in my flower room with a HPS bulb. CFL's only in the veg room. Yes soft white ( 2700K ) That one is for flower.
I found the root of the hermies I had 2 stunted females that turned hermie on me. I dont know when they did. But them two were under stress. It started in the begining with them two. I knew I shoul of pulled them OH well lession learned still got nice buds and fem seeds. Them buds are starting to swell in that pic.
Thank You for the kind words

I beleave so. Its ashame you dont have a Wal-Mart Cheap but good department store.They have just about every thing there. I got this place called Brings Its a home recycling store . Its sweet. You can find alot of off the wall type of stuff. Street lights,compost barrels for $50.00, paint,and a bunch of other stuff. A second hand store for your house.

Like I said, it's hard for me to find all I need directly from the store, only way is online.
So next week nuts, ph meter, ph up, ph down will come by the order.
I chose Advanced Nutrients - Micro, Grow, Bloom and Big bud.
From Growth Technology ph up, ph down and the ph meter.

Today we are starting day 22 of veg, day 1 week 4.
I want to know if I can put them 12/12 after week 4 it's over and start the flower stage.
By the way 420inOregon, I decided to go with the lights 12/12 only in flower stage cuz anyhow ... the big setup and the rest of my kids are no longer availeble so i'm alone with the 2 plants ( #1 and #2 ). I try not to stress them :)

Since growing, holding and so on it's illegal here, the decision was to keep only 2, they were all from the begin for personal use, no intention to sell at all! only to smoke so 2 kids are more than enough for me .
I hope to get this growth without any issues till the end and enjoy my crop :)

IMG00003-20120216-2242.jpg

IMG00008-20120216-2243.jpg

hope to get more shots with a better camera one of this days.
Keep in touch !

Cozias if you want to know the sex so your not wasting any of your time put them on 12/12 for 3 days or until your plants give you pistol hairs or balls ( female or male ).Cause you dont want to waste any of your time on a male plant. Just put them on 12/12 for 3 days please. And if its illegal were your at you need a charcoil filter and in line fan. they have som do it yourself that work ok have not tried one yet. A 4 inch would work for you they sell combos on ebay. But you are gonna need 1. Smell is 1 of the number 1 reasons people get caught and talking to much. So be careful and get legal if its possiable there.Serious get a filter system cause they are gonna smell and everyone knows that smell. Soooooo good smell.
Kids look great shouldve waited on getting rid of the other kids atleast find out whos girls and whos boys.
Peace Cozias and be careful.

okay 420inOregon, I'll take your advice. I just wake up and turn the lights off :laugh: let's see what's happening. I don't consider waisting time even if they are both male. stop everything and start from the begin :) and take care next time.

As for the smell, for 2 kids I don't think I need charcoil filter, I'll use ONA Block Pro ( informative link : ONA Block 6oz ONA (Odor Neutralizing Agent) Air Cleaner Filters Ozium 3000 )
and at this time I need only 5 minutes to make fresh air in the house, right now are -4 °F or -20 °C :laugh:

Can anyone tell me if there's ok after this week (#4) that we just started, to put my kids into flower ?

Cozias you can put them into flower I just thought you would like to know. You dont have to I just sugested. Well yours are in a box so i would say go ahead. But Im done.Your not legal and I cant condone it.Be safe and smart about what your doing.
My self I am legal and I waited until I was legal to grow.So Im sorry Can not help anymore Later

hey cozias, just checking in. Your plants are looking good. Sry to hear your plans got changed, just when things start looking up something always happens. So tell me if I'm wrong but did u say even if they are males ur not wasting your time? Yes you will be wasting your time unless you are just growing for looks or just growing to see if u can grow, there is no thc in male plants so if the plant is for pain medication, unless it's female, ur wasting your time. Even if ur growing for recreational use the male plant won't be of any use except to look at. As far as flower times goes, usually after wk 4 that's when u start them on 12/12. I personally judge when I go to 12/12 by the height of my plant so I might veg until wk 5 or 6 but that's just a personal preference. Keep up the good work. Will stop by periodically to check in:thumb: Oh yeah, I agree with 420inoregon, u should have put all your babies on 12/12 to find the sex then got rid of all the males and kept the females. Make sense to u?

well I have only 1 kid left under this grow. and ... is a She :laugh:

as updates ...
week 2, day 12 of flowering
1 plant, bag seed,
10l pot, perlite and peat soil.
wather ph 6.5
soil ph 6,
temp - light on 22*C ( ~70*F ) light off 18-19 *C (66*C)
600 w hps, (Sylvania grolux HPS 600w- color temp. 2050 K, 90.000 lumens.
photosynthesis flux (Phyto-Lm) : 198,000
1 reflector
2 standard vents 1 for fresh air, 1 for inside circulation.
1 odor neutralizing agent (ONA )

Nuts :
-Big Bud - Advanced Nutrients ( 0-1-3)
-Bud Blood - Advanced Nutrients ( 0-39-25 )
-HammerHead P/K 4/10 - Advanced Nutrients (2-4-10)
-ph up, ph down, ph test kit - Growth Technology
-Spidermite Control

Thank you for checking by, I didint know that there is still someone who's checking my grow. :thumb: glad to see this. Some photos as soon as I make some. Keep in touch !

Wow cozias, I see you made some major changes, a 600 watt hps and some vents, kool! So are you using cfl's for veg and the hps for flower? If you are then you're in for a nice fat plant as long as you watch the ph of your water (for alternate watering), the ph of the nutes/water mix (for feeding) and the heat a 600 watt hps will give off. I always mix my nutes and water then make sure that the ph is between 5.5 and 6.2 for the best nutrient uptake. Also I alternate feeding and watering so the plant gets a chance to use up the nutes before I give nutes again. Now I'm definitely looking for pics, I want to see what your setup looks like with a 600 watter.:thumb:

I found this on another topic

That's a great link Alaskan1, thanks for sharing it! It's the first time I've seen the diminishing light schedule that goes with the GLR start at 12 hours though. All of the other articles I've read referred to it starting at 11/13.

Having said that, it's all a guide and success can be had either way, no doubt. Because I'm growing Sativa dominant strains, and trying to coax Sativa characteristics, I feel like 11/13 is the way to start. I may have started at 12/12 with indica dominant strains.

While we're on the topic, here's another good article I read recently on 12-1 technique (GLR). I wasn't sure if linking the article was appropriate to site rules, so I'm including the author's name (he has a growing advice column on a pro-cannabis website).

How to reduce the cost of growing cannabis saving 30-50% on your electricty bill using the 12-1 lighting schedule.
Joseph R. Pietri

The biggest innovator in the history of cannabis in my generation is Reinhard Delp. Not only did he invent and is the holder of the patent for ice water extraction, he has been building flower forcers since 1992. His new solar powered Sun-gate is the leader of the industry. He was the first to feminize seeds and sell them in Europe in the late 90's. His process was done naturally, without the use of any chemicals.

No one is more copied but seldom matched than Mr. Delp, who to me is the top grower of our generation. The first time he impressed me he showed me 2 plants, planted next to one another, 1 completely covered in powdery mildew, the other completely clean and beautiful. He was developing mildew and mold resistant genetics.

In the late 90's Reinhard brought back the gas lantern routine that you find in any college grade horticulture book, and applied it to cannabis. Cannabis needs only 13 hours to stay in the vegetative growth stage. The 18-6 lighting schedule in vegetation, actually stress your plants, that never get that much light in one-day outdoors. Cannabis is an outdoor plant. Growing indoors you should copy how it grows outdoors. No Cannabis growing in Afghanistan gets 18 hours of light in growth pattern. Most strains today have some part Indica in their genetic pool. Even equatorial strains don't get 18 hours of sun a day.

The 12-1 lighting schedule is as follows 12 hours lights on, 5.5 lights off, 1-hour lights on, 5.5 lights off, and repeat schedule. The 1 hour on in between off period fools the plants that stay in vegetative growth state! Your immediate savings are 5 hours in energy costs daily, as well as your bulbs and equipment lasting longer. But how do the plants react to this lighting schedule?

You see immediate growth response from your plants, they are happy from the added rest time. By day 14 the plants tripled in size. The plants are bushy with twice as many bud sites without topping or bending, In fact when you top and stretch your plants out, you get many more bud sites than you would have had under 18-6 using same procedure of topping and stretching plant, your growing bigger and better and faster.

12_1_lighting_cycle.jpg

So your saving 5 hours daily in energy costs, as well as your excellerated growth pattern which also saves you time and energy and equipment use.

In the flowering stage, never use 12-12, start your flowering period at 11 hours on 13 hours off. When your are growing outdoors each day you get less and less sun light, you should copy the way the sun acts naturally in your indoor grow. So first 2 weeks of flower you go 11 on 13 off, the next 2 weeks you go down to 10.5 on 13.5 off, next 2 weeks 10 on 14 off, next two weeks 9.5 on 14.5 off and the last weeks of flower you should be at 9 hours on and 15 hours off. You'll get bigger and better buds by copying the way the sun light works on cannabis outdoors.

Cannabis is an outdoor plant and you should copy the way it grows outdoors indoors. The only thing that 18-6, and then 12-12 lighting schedule's do is make the energy companies rich as well as the people who sell lights and equipment, the more you use the more you spend. 12-1 lighting schedule is a more natural way to grow indoors and you well have the best results you have ever had and save as much as 50% in energy costs.​

Anyone agree with this chart ?
Opinions?

Makes perfect sense to me. In fact I will make the change in my veg schedule today. I think 11/13 will suit my flower room better as I rotate plants thru. So 5 hours a day saved it is.

Great find!

Look forward to learning more about Reinhard Delp.
off to Google I go :nomo:

Back
Top Bottom