My First Time Growing

Congrats on your harvest... The red hairs are just the colors in the genetics of your plant... The red you are looking for is the amber in the trichromes... They go from clear to cloudy to amber and I'm pretty sure you like couch lock so go to about 30% amber on your trichs...:high-five:....:circle-of-love:

Actually I'm not a big fan of couch lock. I prefer to keep my head a little clearer with the wife's diabetes being so brittle but do want to have some plants that are indigo to help me sleep better at night and get off my sleeping pill too. But thanks Dennise for explaining about the hairs and the difference being in the trichs.:thanks:

Hi all!, The back is starting to get better a little quicker now and i hope by the end of the week to be back to my normal status pain wise and just wanted to check in. I've tried to get some pic's of the clones in their pots, but couldn't stand still long enough yet. They look good so far but still appear in flower, and Canna said it would take a while to get back to veg, so I'm not worrying about that now. (Thanks Canna)

I'll check in again soon
Smoke

Hey Smoke - I'm getting ready to recycle my first container of PJ soil and I need your advice since we're using the same mix. I think you said you add worm castings and yum-yum as amendments, clean out big roots and let 'er rip. How much of each do you use? The original proportions? (scaled down of course) And then do you let it "cook" before using it again? :thanks:

Hey Smoke - I'm getting ready to recycle my first container of PJ soil and I need your advice since we're using the same mix. I think you said you add worm castings and yum-yum as amendments, clean out big roots and let 'er rip. How much of each do you use? The original proportions? (scaled down of course) And then do you let it "cook" before using it again? :thanks:

Yes Jimmie, Those are exactly what I add and I use the original proportions matching the amounts I'm adding (1/2 scale if my soil bin is only half full), I don't know if waiting makes a difference, so far I've used it right away and had no problems. Good luck Jimmie, works great for me!

OK, I was able to get a pic of each clone and as you can see, They appear still in flower but Canna says they will return to veg slowly. So they should be fine but The only question I have is, am I missing something when I add the new worm castings and Yum Yum mix? The soil feels wet constantly and as you can see in the pic's, they "drop" down in the pot the first time I water them, the dirt level in both were at the very brim. Any ideas? I'm sure Jimmie will end up with the same problem at some point later, I'm thinking it may need more peat, but am unsure.

I went with a 1 gallon pot on the clones since the roots were so long, I figured out it would just cut out a transplant and stress the plant less.
Here's the pic's of the NYPD and the DSCCH clones in dirt.

IMG_20161014_222241.jpg
IMG_20161014_222339.jpg
Hoping to keep my back improving like the last 2 nights and I'll be doing OK!

Those flowering clones rooted already? Damn. :thumb:

I'm knocking on wood right now, I transplanted a clone into my first container of amended soil and it's super healthy and growing like a... weed.

I have a couple other clones that I stunted somehow, and now I only have one plant in flower because they won't grow. I'm counting on this new clone to catch up fast so I can get her in flower!

Here she is. Now that you mention the soil going down, mine has done it too, and I have only watered her twice since transplant. I'm just going to top off the soil with worm castings if it gets too much lower.
GEDC2730.JPG

Just wanted to check in, The grow is going good but my back is still giving me problems. I'm hoping the back gets better quicker, For a while it seemed to be improving fast and now it slowed back down. Anyways, I hope you all have a great day and I'll talk to you guys later!

Just wanted to check in, The grow is going good but my back is still giving me problems. I'm hoping the back gets better quicker, For a while it seemed to be improving fast and now it slowed back down. Anyways, I hope you all have a great day and I'll talk to you guys later!

Thanks for checking in Sir. It's good to hear from you.

You very well could need more peat in there Smokey. It's hard to say without feeling the soil. They haven't invented that "touch" feature for the internet yet.....I don't think. :rofl:

Also, before you plant them, do you water down the soil? Get it wet enough that it settles down a bit, then add more soil if it has gone down too much. That's what I do before I put the clones or seeds in the pots.

Sorry about the back still slowing you up. Sure hope that gets better soon!

I'm still waiting on a reveg plant to show some new leaves, it's been a couple weeks. As long as they stay alive, it will happen. You do have them on veg lighting schedule right?

:circle-of-love:

You very well could need more peat in there Smokey. It's hard to say without feeling the soil. They haven't invented that "touch" feature for the internet yet.....I don't think. :rofl:

Also, before you plant them, do you water down the soil? Get it wet enough that it settles down a bit, then add more soil if it has gone down too much. That's what I do before I put the clones or seeds in the pots.

Sorry about the back still slowing you up. Sure hope that gets better soon!

I'm still waiting on a reveg plant to show some new leaves, it's been a couple weeks. As long as they stay alive, it will happen. You do have them on veg lighting schedule right?

:circle-of-love:

Good to hear from you Canna! I always get the soil slightly wet first, but it might not be enough, On the next transplant I'll try a little more water before planting/transplanting. As far as the clones are doing, they are under veg lighting hours and very slowly I can see the bud starting to look like it's (very slowly) opening up just a tiny bit so far, but you said it would take a while for them to revert back to veg, so I'll just be patient with them until I see a leaf or 2 in which case I'll find a way to get pic's online for you all.

Just wanted to say a quick "Hi!" to you guys since my back is still keeping me down most of the day, But I made an appointment with my pain Doc to see if he has any ideas but I can't get in until next week. My clones are definitely returning to veg, most of the leaves that had all curled up inside the bud are opening up and I also see a couple teeny tiny new leaves form. This is happening on both clones, so that makes me a happy camper! If I could stand long enough I would post some pic's to show you, but I can't physically do it yet. But suffice it to say the grow is going good still with the exception of having hit that dry spell when I couldn't get any beans to germinate and now I'm playing catch up but will get there. Talk to you guys later!

Hi all! Just checking in and wanted you guys to know my insurance problem has gone away for now, possibly permanently. I can't believe it's over after all that worrying! I just had to tell you guys!!!:party::ganjamon:

I see my pain Doc Wednesday and hopefully he'll have an idea how to speed up the healing!

I can't believe it's over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are so happy here!!!

Hi all! Just checking in and wanted you guys to know my insurance problem has gone away for now, possibly permanently. I can't believe it's over after all that worrying! I just had to tell you guys!!!:party::ganjamon:

I see my pain Doc Wednesday and hopefully he'll have an idea how to speed up the healing!

I can't believe it's over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are so happy here!!!

best news. :thumb: :party:

Howdy all, It took me a while but I got a photo that shows the buds of the clones taken from plants in bud (which were tightly wound) opening up so I can reveg them. I'm still pretty much down for the count because of my back, I have an MRI scheduled next week to see if something else happened to the discs. But other than that, we're just ecstatic about the insurance working out. Other than my back hurting, this is one happy house!:thumb:

IMG_20161027_211211.jpg

Back
Top Bottom