My girl is rebudding

RRolex215

I'm in Week 8 flowering Pineapple Chunk... she looks great but also looks like she is rebudding, what do I do cut... or just take it for what it's worth?

420-magazine-mobile592311752.jpg

Pineapple Chunk
420-magazine-mobile2026563917.jpg
420-magazine-mobile119496772.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1167525655.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1288485401.jpg
420-magazine-mobile869738353.jpg

I still am not sure what you mean. Do you mean she's putting out some new pistil growth, and/or foxtails? That would be normal. I usually flower my P Chunk for at least 80 days- sometimes 100- but I like to leave them a bit long.
It just looks like a normal plant with a few more weeks to go.

Well if you've got the space then try leaving some to flower longer. I do prefer the ripeness the PC reaches after about 12 weeks. In any case the ones shown are too early to chop IMO. I've been growing it for a few years-I like the end product but find it kind of an annoying strain to grow.

Wow we are neck and neck with the P Chunk. Mine is at 74 days flowering. I suppose (to my taste anyway) this would be the bare beginning of the harvest window. But if I look at my lower growth and shaded buds, I see that those aren't ready yet. Also I know from experience that all the buds will get much stickier and better in the next couple weeks. I'll leave mine a couple more.

My plant is scrogged though. In your case the lower growth may be more mature as it's less shaded.
I wouldn't presume to tell you when to harvest. I'd say that you could start anytime, but it may be worth waiting longer just to see if it continues to improve. Also a good test is to trim up some lower bud and see how it looks. I do t know how much trimming you've done - but I find that once I get my scissors into trimming up the bud- I can more easily see whether I chopped too early or not. There's nothing quite like actually trimming up the most shaded bud to tell you where things are at.
The one thing I'd say about your plant is that it's a little green still. If it was mine I would give it water only for another week at least.
But of course that's just my preference.
Here's a pic of my PC from two days ago, at 72 days flowering. It's a mangy looking strain.
IMG_111745.JPG

The scrog is the only way I can keep it from flopping all over the place. Growing it from seed untopped is ok, it seems to support itself alright, but a topped clone is hopeless.
In another couple weeks it will be a bit less leafy. But yes it is. Its a weirdass plant. It's absolutely killer smoke though, you'd just never know it to look at. I started my last seed of it a week ago- had it in the freezer for three years. Maybe I'll get a different pheno or something. The first three seeds I grew were all identical.

Yes yours looks a bit different. Different pheno maybe- or the fact that it's grown from seed and in different conditions.

The colours in mine really come out if I leave it long and if temps are cool enough.
image35659.jpg

That really looks good, yummy, but as for my plant that's a clone that I vegged 60 plus days...all my Pineapple Chunks are clones ... However they are differences in the clones because I had 4 seeds that these clones came from.., which means they're phenotype are different..I wasn't meticulous when I started cloning these...so I do know I keep cloning from that plant as shown above... staying humble, I love my smoke, and getting it right after all the time , love and money spent .., it's very rewarding to have thing come off Potent , nice tasting and a great yield. I don't think there's nothing more to ask for!!!!

What are the different phenos in yours? I ran my three 'phenos' for three flowering runs and never could see much difference between them so in the end I just went Eeny Meeny...

Out of the 4 seeds I planted last yr, March 1 , 2016.. one of the seeds was a runt, grew slow as you know what, then I had two that was medium in size that had longer distance between the nodes. Plus they were leafy. The last seed is the one ... I cloned it with a great success rate and they're almost identical looking every time ... good yields great taste when finished cure . Then again like you said , it is flowering time vary...Overall this one is a keeper ...Lots of pruning required the only downside about this strain

Ok cool so there's hope I'll find another pheno. I'd love to find a strain that produces bud as good as this one does. I've been trying for three years. It's floppy as hell, needs a ton of trimming, and is my most mould prone strain by far.

WC, Hru m8? I was wondering if you have grown the WhiteWidow strain? If you have I would love your input on this strain.. I'm growing it, my first attempt she was short thought I'd done something wrong. Topped it, tried to LST, and wound up splitting the stalk. No doubt I stressed her, but she survived . This plant only grew to be 2 1/2 ft tall ... I screwed up this is the first time I grew this strain .As she came around in about 2 weeks I've taken some clones from her and they're growing so slow. I'll post pics later today.. The end result from the original plant was only an ounce 1/2 dry... it was very orange pistils and not a lot of trichomes coverage over the main colas...

Back
Top Bottom