My girls almost 4 weeks in and barely any stretch

bignugz420

So i ran these strains before in hydro. This time they were mother plants so i have them on 5 gallon smart fabric pots. They did stretch a lil bit but not like last time. Even my clones this time aren't really stretching this time i think it might be due to cold temps during lights off. I do have small heaters inside each tent. But haven't checked temps due to not wanting to hermie them. But if anyone can help me so i don't have the same problem on next run i would appreciate it. Some more info, the clones are in hydro dwc, my bigger ones 5 gallon fabric pots. Feeding each once a week. Gh products along with some additional nutes like earth juice hi-brix, mammoth p, three part fox farm flowering booster. Pictures from beginning of flowering and pictures from today are coming. Like i said a lil bit of stretch but not what i am used to there other ones went from 18" to 3 ft

420-magazine-mobile1510933277.jpg
420-magazine-mobile825730678.jpg
that is right around when I flipped them now like I said they did stretch a lil bit but not like my last run of same genetic plant
420-magazine-mobile388171219.jpg
420-magazine-mobile801298429.jpg
tonight's pictures 3.5 weeks since 12/12.

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers

Inkbird ITC-308 Digital Temperature Controller Thermostat Regulator UK Socket, Dual Relays 1 Heating & 1 Cooling 220V Plug
81c_BTtAGdL_SL1500_.jpg

I use 2 of these thermostat plugs with a 2000w fan heater in each that kick in at 19 degrees and off at 20 so my room stays quite accurate.. They also have a cooling socket for when the room gets too hot.. Hope this helps you.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I have one of the Inkbirds and they are great for controlling the night time temps. Like Dfarrell123 mentioned you can hook up a heater and set the temps. I have mine on a timer so when the light go off this kicks in.

You might also benefit from a digital hydrometer with max and min readings. The one I use is cheap and reliable. Have used them on the last 2 grows without an issue. It will read current max and min humidity and temp so I know what the conditions are with lights off. I bought two of them for about €25

41tXzxcXDVL.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I have one of the Inkbirds and they are great for controlling the night time temps. Like Dfarrell123 mentioned you can hook up a heater and set the temps. I have mine on a timer so when the light go off this kicks in.

You might also benefit from a digital hydrometer with max and min readings. The one I use is cheap and reliable. Have used them on the last 2 grows without an issue. It will read current max and min humidity and temp so I know what the conditions are with lights off. I bought two of them for about €25

41tXzxcXDVL.jpg

Do you guys think that a cold temp can mess up there stretch? It's my first time experience this. My last ones I flowered on Oct 16th, it wasn't cold cold but def wasn't warm. Now it's Dec 6th start of flowering and have a small ceramic heater in both tents. Even my Afghan Kush didn't stretch or any of my clones at least not like last time with this strain. I have new beans I want to drop but am waiting BC I don't want this problem again. Gold leaf is one of those beans and critical Kush and vanilla Kush, lemon super haze. So with all those there should be a huge stretch. With critical it is usually a huge stretch from 18" up to 3.5 ft so that's like a 150% stretch

This has a good explanation about what the ideal temps should be night and day and the affects if they differ.

Ed Rosenthal's Marijuana Grower's Handbook

What I do know is that low humidity will cause the plants to stretch which is what happened to the ones I have. The guy I got them from was dealing with 20% humidity and they stretched like mad which I'm trying to deal with now

Hope this helps

My Rh is around 35-40% so it's definitely not to high for flowering. It's actually my usual range for this time of there life for me

Yeah around the 40% mark is good for flowering. Mine were grown in veg for 3 months at 20% or less. He ended up leaving open water bottles around to make it rise lol

To low Rh is just as bad as to much. BC she won't pack on weight if she doesn't have the humidity.

This has a good explanation about what the ideal temps should be night and day and the affects if they differ.

Ed Rosenthal's Marijuana Grower's Handbook

What I do know is that low humidity will cause the plants to stretch which is what happened to the ones I have. The guy I got them from was dealing with 20% humidity and they stretched like mad which I'm trying to deal with now

Hope this helps

Did you have to purchase that book. I have been reading Ed Rosenthal advice since 98 when it was just a small article every month called ASK ED. I do have a couple of his books but not that one.

No it's just a section from one of his books. I found it on the website where his books are sold

Back
Top Bottom