My Grandpa grows my medicine

Auggie

Kyle has had a rough life his first ten years. Frequent seizures would interrupt his life. The doctors could not figure out what to do.
Grandpa has always been a grower, and has frequently helped people who need it. Why would he not help his own grandson.
Well, his mom and dad listened too much to moms parents who were of the opinion that the was the devils lettuce, leading directly to heroine use.
Finally, Grandma got the kids to try something.
It worked.
It's still working.
The doctors are amazed. Really. Grandpa is amazed that they are amazed. Cant they read? Israel has been doing some great studies ... published studies.

So, a teacher asked him how he's doing and beamed and replied that "I am doing just great. My grandpa grows my medicine."
Oops.

We had to have the conversation with him. "If the wrong people find out that grandpa is growing your medicine, they will make him stop. Do you want him to stop?"
He almost cried. No, he does not want grandpa's medicine to stop.

"Then, if someone asks you about your medical conditions, tell them that you don't discuss that with anyone except your doctor and your parents. Tell them to ask mom or dad about that and say no more. Ok?" We taught him to say "HIPPA".

It's sad that we have to teach our kids to be afraid of the authorities.

Kyle has had a rough life his first ten years. Frequent seizures would interrupt his life. The doctors could not figure out what to do.
Grandpa has always been a grower, and has frequently helped people who need it. Why would he not help his own grandson.
Well, his mom and dad listened too much to moms parents who were of the opinion that the was the devils lettuce, leading directly to heroine use.

So what actually ended up leading to Kyle's heroin use, lol?

It was Nancy, wasn't it? I remember those commercials - and youngins everywhere seeing them and saying, "Hey, the old bitch says all this stuff is bad for us. Pot obviously isn't, so why should we trust her about the rest of it?" She inspired a LOT of parties ;) . . . .

my friend had to have a conversation with her daughter years ago when her daughter was quite young, about 3 1/2 or so.
it worked. it's amazing how much kids understand even very early. her daughter now has her own kids, and it's a different world for them.

Back
Top Bottom