My Grow Journal Journal - Not A Typo

dom2mac

Greetings fellow 420 growers,

I have been reading these message boards for the past several months and have learned a great deal. I found myself drawn to the journals, and decided to document my journey but had no intention of posting one of my own instead, I took pencil to paper. Earlier this week I decided to create an account here and after reading endless stories about the generosity of this community, ie Grandpa's Second Try - Come Join Us! and countless others, had a change of heart.

The past 3 months have been a roller coaster ride for me, learning how to grow marijuana has been an extremely rewarding challenge. In the spirit of giving back what has been given to you, I have decided to post this grow journal so that others may learn from my experiences.

My intention with this journal is to post photos of my paper journal followed by a transcript. In addition, I will add photos of my girls. I hope you all enjoy!

Here it goes D1
16959.JPG

8 bagseeds 7 germinated
1 died as seedling

The plan for these seeds were to vegitate in a solo up until 3 full nodes however, unbeknownst to me the cheap Home Depot soil used stunted their growth. All 6 remaining seeds were transplanted, 4 into 5 gallon hempy buckets then after discovery of a local hydro store two were transplanted into 3 gallon pots with coco coir. During transplant it was noted that root development was underwhelming.

*Note peppers planted in this soil earlier in summer alos displayed stunted growth.

The Lighting Sit Rep
2 roleadro 35w LED Panel (CHEAP $27 for both)
Later purchased Agrobrite 125w CFL 6500K

POST Transplant Vegged ~60 days
All but 1 either hermie or male BALLS Everywhere!!!

Total learning experience Topping, FIM, LST wirking with nutes, perlite hempy, coco coir
:love: 420 mag. message boards

Here it goes D1
16959.JPG

8 bagseeds 7 germinated
1 died as seedling

The plan for these seeds were to vegitate in a solo up until 3 full nodes however, unbeknownst to me the cheap Home Depot soil used stunted their growth. All 6 remaining seeds were transplanted, 4 into 5 gallon hempy buckets then after discovery of a local hydro store two were transplanted into 3 gallon pots with coco coir. During transplant it was noted that root development was underwhelming.

*Note peppers planted in this soil earlier in summer alos displayed stunted growth.

The Lighting Sit Rep
2 roleadro 35w LED Panel (CHEAP $27 for both)
Later purchased Agrobrite 125w CFL 6500K

POST Transplant Vegged ~60 days
All but 1 either hermie or male BALLS Everywhere!!!

Total learning experience Topping, FIM, LST wirking with nutes, perlite hempy, coco coir
:love: 420 mag. message boards

I'm in the right place already. Love the detailed notes mate, you're already off to the best start possible :)

Thanks! I have a few photos about 10 days after the flip.

Fionas first pistils. She was the last to show her sex.
IMG_044247.JPG

Balls
IMG_044051.JPG

More Balls
IMG_043657.JPG

Surrounded by Balls
IMG_043846.JPG

In total I had to cull 5 plants it was a sad day but I held out hope and she showed herself the very next day! The damage you see on the leafs was caused by using neem oil for a fungus gnat problem when the lights were on. Everyone says to use neem oil but no one ever tells you to turn the lights off.

I've not heard of it, I'm guilty of overwatering-even after 13 years. I think my current grow is the first where I've not had a gnat problem so I've become a bit of an expert in getting rid of them (although not heard of neem oil so not as hot as I thought;)

You can prepare your soil and bake it for 4 hours in the oven (nightmare)

Or keep a fan going across the tops of your pots to stop them being able to land, stopping watering for a few days won't do your plant too much harm but will dry up their environment

I've never used the natural predator approach but like the sound of it ;)

I am in coco coir but germinated it really hot soil. I also had some pepper plants infested with aphids and gnats in the room at the beginning of the grow now I cant get rid of them I had no idea that bugs could be so much of a problem at the time. After this grow I am planning on doing 4 white widows(fast) from seedsman but will disinfect my whole grow area and wash all of my coco with peroxide. It was so bad that I actually used a raid fogger in the adjacent room after i discovered the neem oil had burned my plants. That was before I flipped to flower. The population of gnats has been really low to nonexistent since I used the fogger but I really didnt like the idea of using poison around my plants.

I am in coco coir but germinated it really hot soil. I also had some pepper plants infested with aphids and gnats in the room at the beginning of the grow now I cant get rid of them I had no idea that bugs could be so much of a problem at the time. After this grow I am planning on doing 4 white widows(fast) from seedsman but will disinfect my whole grow area and wash all of my coco with peroxide. It was so bad that I actually used a raid fogger in the adjacent room after i discovered the neem oil had burned my plants. That was before I flipped to flower. The population of gnats has been really low to nonexistent since I used the fogger but I really didnt like the idea of using poison around my plants.

Good call buddy. There's some good threads on the right way to water, if they haven't got a damp environment they can't hatch.

And my man!! I grew up on white widow. Can't waiiiiit for you to start!!!

Lights on at 8am(in about another hour) I will have another update after that. Then photos this evening. I am completely out of weed, I smoked the resin from my pipe last night after not having any flowers for about 3 days. Tastes nasty but dang did I sleep well last night. I wonder when I can start taking popcorn samples 45 days?

2nd page
22588.JPG

Transcript
11/23 soaking 2 Blue Kush fem auto
11/25 1 seed planted into washed coco

Bagseed starting tons of pistils flower start 11/25
:circle-of-love: Fiona

NUTE NEWS
diditdiditdi beep beep (its suposed to be an old time news ticker noise written out lol)
Fox Farm Trip - Growbig Big Bloom Tigerbloom
-midway through started proper hydro schedule

During bagseed veg fungus gnats
remediation
-Yellow stick traps
-Neem oil(applies during day burned plants terribly)
-Raid fogger in adjoining room
(area ventilated after 45 min running)
Gnats gone 1 or 2 rogue gnats, after a week completely gone.

I imagine that stunting growth then burning plants caused hermie. Fiona was the least burnt.

I’ve never used the natural predator approach but like the sound of it ;)
I dont think that mrs2mac would appreciate me yelling out in a primal voice RELEASE THE LADYBUGS! When I said she likes to keep things tidy I wasnt lying lol.

Page 3

32082.JPG

"Her name rhymes with a female body part" (Seinfeld reference)
Mulva is born
11/27

Mulva sprouted today. Had to help remove her shell but her condyl leaves look green and health. Her sister, also rhymes with a female body part, Deloris was being stubborn. She wouldn't crack out of her shell so I had to get all medieval on her and took a pair of needle nosed pliers to crack her open. I meant to make a small crack but half her shell fell off and I could see her insides. I didn't squish her parts I could see a tiny tap root and what appeared to be the folded condyl leaves so I prepared a solo cup and said a prayer.

Fiona looks good new pistils everywhere. Fed her normal 500ml solo cup but resivoir wasnt full. So gave her 500mL more to top of the resivoir with no runoff. This is a new development, usually 500mL a day will cause runoff.

SHE'S GETTING THIRSTY

Page 4
41619.JPG

Transcript:
12/1
Mulva is looking good today. Her baby tri-fan leaves have begun to sprout. You can just see them beginning. They grow up so fast.

For the past few days i have noticed the very tips of Fiona's leaves yellowing. I am sure this is nute burn. I strayed from the Fox Farms recommended schedule a tad bit to increase the ppm to ~1000. I think I just pushed her a little too hard.

Yesterday I purchased Beastie Bloomz and ChaChing. I am on the week 7 schedule +5mL mad and +5mL silicone both silicon both Botanicorp products, the FF trio and 1/4 tsp BBloomz.

Flushed Fiona for the first time yesterday then today gave her 2L of feed.

Shed been trained hard so she is only ~8in tall, I hope she is going to stretch soon. Shes going to need a haircut soon, I had to tuck a bunch of leaves down to expose all 10 flowering sites.

On a sad note, Deloris died RIP.

I have a confession to make.

Fiona is 16 days into flower. She is a wide short thing and had a few flowers growing where the sun dont shine. So I trimmed some of those flowers, and a few stray sugar leaves, quick dried them and smoked them. I feel like such a bad father, getting stoned off her before she was ready to give all of herself to me properly. I could try to launch a defense, saying I was stressed from school, or that I havent partaken of any green for weeks, but I fear it would be a pathetic attempt to rationalize what I already know...

Im a bad boy :goof:

I have a confession to make.

Fiona is 16 days into flower. She is a wide short thing and had a few flowers growing where the sun dont shine. So I trimmed some of those flowers, and a few stray sugar leaves, quick dried them and smoked them. I feel like such a bad father, getting stoned off her before she was ready to give all of herself to me properly. I could try to launch a defense, saying I was stressed from school, or that I havent partaken of any green for weeks, but I fear it would be a pathetic attempt to rationalize what I already know...

Im a bad boy :goof:
It happens to us all from time to time my friend, it's okay. Hahaha

Gonna pull up a chair with you bud. Keep those updates coming in. Great job!

Back
Top Bottom