My Grow Journal Journal - Not A Typo

41 day flower water cure soaked the bud for 3 days then dried for 24 hours dry weight was 2g(which probably would have been double if I waited). There are no real instructions, just soak your bud and change the water at least once a day. Best high I have felt in a long time seriously 2 pipe hits sent me flying 3 and I was stoned out of my mind until I fell asleep for the night. I was going to trim the sugar leafs off this time but it didnt happen because the leaves were so shriveled into the bud that it would have taken too much time, with the water cure the taste wasnt too bad anyways but still left a slight metallic taste in my mouth afterwards(a 7 day cure would be optimal but I hear it makes the bud taste like hay).

The potency of the bud was wayyyyy higher between days 30 and day 41 so much so that I have changed my original conclusion. Wait until your at least half way through flower before harvesting any samples, the difference being a high energy happy buzz for a short time with a mild amount of tiredness at the end and being happy energetic stoned out of your mind with a full out crash at the end. I will probably wait until day 60 to take another sample.

Please keep in mind that the only reason I am doing this is because I dont want to find a new source for weed and I have 3 other plants in flower. It has been a great learning experience subjectively documenting the potency of marijuana at different stages of its growth cycle.

Well I think the journal is going bye bye but I will keep updating with photos and comments. Here are some photos from 12/22.

Jane(closest) and Penelope
IMG_066656.JPG

Fiona
IMG_066859.JPG

Mulva
IMG_067352.JPG

Hey Dom..
Don't quit the journal it's always good to keep everything documented for yourself and that way you'll always get a hand when u need it.. I know it doesn't feel inviting when the seasoned guys have 1000+ replies to there journal but U will get there brother..

Also I know what u mean about growing to stop having to get supply elsewhere. One of the main reasons I decided to start growing was the same and also to get away from the Chinese shit that keeps flooding the market..
But as hard as it is mate try not to smoke to much before it's finished as u have noticed it's getting stronger everytime u pluck... and that 7g(random amount) u have picked could have turned out to be 14+ once everything started to swell.. that way u have more for you when the time comes..

Sorry I don't jump in more.. have a good one

Hey thanks for the encouragement. I meant the paper journal, I will still be posting photos and commenting.

Oh that's alrighty then lol

Hahaha I like the enthusiasm 420islife, nice to see that people care. No good deed and all that. I'm happy you stepped in, was just about to do the same until I saw the reply ;)

Sorry its been awhile here are some photos from 1/9

Fiona - cant touch her without my finger sticking together afterwards. Just a few weeks left I think!
IMG_082939.JPG

Mulva she has spread out quite a bit although I am afraid I trained her too hard she isnt stretching much anymore.
IMG_082452.JPG

Jane
IMG_083049.JPG

Penny
IMG_083244.JPG

I think lighting issues are inhibiting Jane and Penny's growth. I think I might need to get a tent, I can definitely smell weed when I walk into my house even with the 6 inch carbon filter running.

I chopped Fiona today I will have some photos from a few days ago and some from the harvest today coming up.

Pre-trim wet weight 225g
Post Trim wet weight 180g

Her buds are very dense and was surprised at the weights as there were only 5 colas that were only 8 inches tall.

I am a terrible liar :laughtwo: Dry weight was 66g on Fiona but she is still curing. She smokes very smoothly with a good body high that makes you sink into the couch for the night but not so overbearing as to prevent you from going on a munchy run.

Heres Fiona a few days before harvest.

IMG_134942.JPG

A closeup

IMG_135043.JPG

The 1oz cola getting a trim

IMG_167943.JPG

The whole harvest

IMG_168932.JPG

Here I am remembering to wash the buds

IMG_169535.JPG

The big bud after a few days of drying

IMG_177836.JPG

Time for an update on the girls. They are loving the 18/6 light cycle now that the photo has been cut down. I am hoping Mulva will be done in about 30 days the photos are from 8 days ago and she has been really packing on the pistils this week. The other two have grown a lot since the light switch. I think the lights were too high for them I am thinking about buying another cheap COB from amazon they really crank out the light and it would allow me to get rid of the CFL's altogether.

I will try to post photos once a week from now on :)

Mulva 1/23 top
IMG_134835.JPG

Mulva 1/23 side
IMG_133949.JPG

Jane 1/23
IMG_134645.JPG

Penny 1/23
IMG_134744.JPG

Back
Top Bottom