My Grow

From the RQS website:
HOW MUCH LIGHT DO YOUR CANNABIS PLANTS REQUIRE?
  • Clones and seedlings: 5,000–7,000 lux
  • Vegetative growth: 15,000–50,000 lux
  • Flowering: 45,000–65,000 lux
  • Maximum recommended amount of light: 75,000 lux
I'd say drop that light to 8" and dial it down to 10,000 lux!
I got the light lowered to 12" & the Lux at 11,000. Only 35% power on the light. Temp is still 79 - 81F with 68% RH.
So far plants seem fine since the up=pot.

Your electric company will be pissed but your wallet will thank you. And your plants won't notice the difference. Lose win win!
Lowest I could get with the light without adding an extension cord.
I'm in a conversation with Barnacle Bill about light in another thread. He's telling the OP to put his light on 100% on a seedling ? Trying to say the light charts only give you the required amount of lighting & not the optimal amount of light.
Hmmm, not sure about his thinking. I told him to go watch some Bruce Bugby videos if he really thinks that.

I have some pics to post from the 13th when I did the up-pot due to the roots coming out of the bottoms of the cups.
Transplant went well & all 4 are doing just fine. They are now basking in the LED Light at 12" from canopy @ 11,000 Lux.
Here's the pics from that day.
14-59                   (2-13).JPG
14-60                  (2-13).JPG
14-61                  (2-13).JPG
14-62                  (2-13).JPG
14-63                   (2-13).JPG
14-64                   (2-13).JPG
14-65                  (2-13).JPG

I didn't bury much of the stem because I'm hoping not to cut off the bottom 2 nodes this go around. Thought a little more stem might keep the lower branches leaves from touching the soil. Maybe ? Maybe not ? We'll see what happens.

Now to upload the pics I took yesterday. Be back in a few with todays update.

I'm Back ! New computer sure makes uploading pics a breeze compared to the old one. I also bought the new SD Card for the camera so that could be helping too I guess.

Anyway........., I took a few pics yesterday (2-17-22) as they were 2 weeks old. As I said in my last post I up-potted. Well then after that I initially had my light at 24" & about 75% . But after Shed pointed out I should lower my light & adjust the Lux (Brightness) I did. So the light is just 12" above the plants @ 35% & that gives me 11,000 Lux. Seems to be working very well.

So at 14 days old I consider the seedling stage to be over & the start of Veg beginning. So here's my next question for @InTheShed : Should I raise my light or increase the lux since the RQS chart shows more Lux during Veg or is it still kind of early for that ?

Yesterday I gave all 4 plants their 1st dose of nutrients (MC Equivalent) at 2 grams par gal. So here's what I'm feeding.
Alchemist Stout MSA (Silica) 8.972 gr. per gal.
Natures Nectar Nitrogen (5-0-0) 0.416 gr. per gal.
Mega Crop (9-6-17) 1.774 gr. per gal.

My Water pH out of the tap & after sitting for 2 days was 7.7 pH.
Once I added the nutes the pH was 6.9
Had to add 0.5 ml. of pH down to get the pH to 6.3

Hey Shed, I noticed you had added Sulfur during Flower in the journal "Darin to Grow Varin" . Yes, I'm reading it to see what you do in your grows. I don't comment as I don't think VG cares for me very much. Still good reading though. Do you a @MrSauga use different calculations ?
I can't remember what the ratios were that you said he uses. I'm going to try to figure out how he got these equivalent numbers today so I hope you're around to answer questions later or tomorrow.

Anyway, the plants looked like the leaves were a little on the light green side & ready for nutes so they got them.
I gave each plant 2 of these coke glasses full of nutes which just gave me a slight bit of run off. The glass looks bigger in the pics but it's only a 6 oz. glass so they got 12 oz. each.
14-66                  (2-17).JPG

The Pop Tarts plant is about an inch or so taller then the other 3. Kind of funny since it was the last to sprout.
But they all seem to be doing just fine in their 1 gal pots & it appears they are starting to take off. Go girls go !

14-67                   (2-17).JPG
14-68                  (2-17).JPG
14-69                  (2-17).JPG
14-70                  (2-17).JPG

14-71                  (2-17).JPG
14-72                  (2-17).JPG

I guess that's about all for now. I'll be back later with some Calculation Questions for you @InTheShed ;).
I'm going to learn it this grow no matter what.... lol. Thanks !

Hey Buddy. Ill sub up to see your magic happen. :thumb:
Thanks ! I do OK; but trying to up my game a little by learning nute calculations through this grow. I've got some really good teachers so if you want to grow really healthy plants feel free to jump in & learn with me. The more the merrier !

Hey Shed, I noticed you had added Sulfur during Flower in the journal "Darin to Grow Varin" . Do you a @MrSauga use different calculations ?
I don't specifically add sulfur so I hope I didn't give that impression! There is sulfur in both the MC and the ammonium sulfate which is where mine comes from, but I'm using those products from beginning to end. I used to use epsom salts which has a lot of sulfur in it but moved off that as a source of magnesium (which is really what I wanted).

And my calculations came from MrS, so I'm matching his as best as I can with what I have. I believe you get even closer with your products.
So at 14 days old I consider the seedling stage to be over & the start of Veg beginning. So here's my next question for @InTheShed : Should I raise my light or increase the lux since the RQS chart shows more Lux during Veg or is it still kind of early for that ?
I'd leave them alone and let them grow up into the light, which increases the lux naturally.

I don't specifically add sulfur so I hope I didn't give that impression! There is sulfur in both the MC and the ammonium sulfate which is where mine comes from, but I'm using those products from beginning to end. I used to use epsom salts which has a lot of sulfur in it but moved off that as a source of magnesium (which is really what I wanted).

And my calculations came from MrS, so I'm matching his as best as I can with what I have. I believe you get even closer with your products.

I'd leave them alone and let them grow up into the light, which increases the lux naturally.
I'm not sure if I'm using the right term here, but.... What are the ratios I'm shooting for ? I believe I need to put that info into the calculator ? Just got done digging up the front yard & mixing in Top Soil to plant my summer grass so just getting to the nute calculations now. Not a big yard but at almost 62 it's still a back breaker.

Sounds back breaking regardless of age!

In veg, the ratio is close to 5-1-5, though in flower the K goes up so it's closer to 5-1-6. Ca is 50% of K, Mg is 50% of Ca, and sulfur is 10% of N. Silica ramps up quickly in veg (like by the 4th watering) from 10-50ppm and stays there until flower, when it drops to 30. I wait for stretch to finish before I drop to 30.

The actual numbers for N and K are:
4.5g MC equivalent:
120 N
135 K

5g MC equivalent:
132 N
150 K

5.5g MC equivalent:
160 N
180 K

And for really hungry plants still showing N def late flower (experienced users only!)...
6g MC equivalent:
180 N
200 K

I haven't gotten to the 6g numbers yet.

In veg, the ratio is close to 5-1-5, though in flower the K goes up so it's closer to 5-1-6. Ca is 50% of K, Mg is 50% of Ca, and sulfur is 10% of N. Silica ramps up quickly in veg (like by the 4th watering) from 10-50ppm and stays there until flower, when it drops to 30. I wait for stretch to finish before I drop to 30.

4.5g MC equivalent:
120 N
135 K

5g MC equivalent:
132 N
150 K

5.5g MC equivalent:
160 N
180 K

And for really hungry plants still showing N def late flower (experienced users only!)...
6g MC equivalent:
180 N
200 K

Thanks ! I'll write all this down in my Calculations Book this time so I have them.

4.5g MC equivalent:
120 N
135 K

5g MC equivalent:
132 N
150 K

5.5g MC equivalent:
160 N
180 K

6g MC equivalent:
180 N
200 K

And the "P" stays at 0 ppm or 20% of "N" ?
Been watching the tutorial again. Sure wish I could see the charts he's working with better though. All kind of blurry.
I probably need new glasses.... lol.
I'd like to check all my ppm's with a decent meter. I only have a cheapo now. Got a recommendation for a decent one ?
Do you think I could post the charts (making sure not to put any logos, etc.) & not catch any flack ? I'd like to post them when I need a specific question answered.
What is the chart called that gives you all the info on (N, Si, S, Mg, etc.) I think it's something to do with elements but not really sure.
I need to know which "N" is which by the by the letters & numbers they use. Nitrate Nitrogen = (?) / Ammonical Nitrogen = (?).
Available Phosphate = (P2O5) for example. I'll end up putting the wrong info in the wrong place without knowing which one is which.
I'm a slow learner without a teacher & a blackboard so I can ask questions as we go.
Going to re-read the thread on making your own nutrient solutions again now to try to figure some things out.

Back
Top Bottom