My Grow

Hi, High ! OK, so for anyone who may want to join in this journal

I was already supplied the calculations for this grow; so I more or less have an answer key to check to see if my calculations are correct.

Over the past 2 weeks I've re-read all my journals to see what worked well & what didn't. So I'll be combining things that seemed to work well.... to see if they work well together. Got my fingers crossed that it does.
Anyway, I'm going to copy & paste a couple of posts from a previous journal just as a reminder to myself.......

Mr. S :
The plants are a healthy green and not showing any reason for an increase.
Don't get caught up that because it looks good it must be able to take more. The plant will take all you give it, however you are trying to balance out the ratios and not overwhelm the plant with too much N which will give you issues later down the road.

MC has everything the plant will need from seed to harvest, you just have to make sure that the plant can access all the good stuff throughout the grow.

Mr. S :
No, the package really isn't the best instructions to use. If you use their calculator you'll see that you are at the correct amount for seedlings and small plants, which is 2g/gal.

You'll have to treat MC as a different than usual nute line too.

The Sauga Ends Here

MC will let you know when the plants need more food. For the first little while keep an eye on the older growth's green color. If it loses it green compared to the tops then that's a sign to increase. Another sign you will see if you are feeding light is the start of an Mg def. Here you're looking for the lower fans to be lightening up between the veins which is a subtle change at first.
Listen to the plants when feeding MC and you'll be fine.

Mr. S. :
Try not to get hung up on it being a hot soil, or that there's enough food in it for a month. If you don't feed any plant in FFOF for a month I can assure you your plant will show signs that it's hungry.
I go from tap root direct into FFOF or Miracle Grow Organic and never had a cooked seed yet. I think people drown their seeds and blame the FFOF. I just wanted to clarify that as it gives FFOF a bad rap for no reason when planting seeds.
Any good soil is rich in nutrients. Many prefer to use a seedling mix which I'm sure is another marketing ploy to buy the stuff ;)

There's no harm in feeding MC after the second node of growth at 2g/gal in FFOF. They don't drink much but they sure do like it.

GROW EQUIPMENT: I'm using my 4x8 tent; but only using 1/2 of it for the grow & 1/2 of it for equipment. I originally planned on growing 3 plants, but that has changed to 4 so I'm ordering another light today. I plan to run 1 Viparspectra PAR 1500 (155 watts) over each plant later in the grow. I may add a 5th PAR 1500 in the center during full flower. Haven't decided yet. I also have a Mars Hydro TSL2000 (300 Watt) that I'll be using during early veg while in 1 gal. pots.
So here's a few pics of the tent & lights.... so far.
14-1.JPG
14-2.JPG
14-3.JPG

Once I top each I'll clone the tops & move the TSL 2000 to my shed to make the clones into mothers, as I plan to grow these strains for the next year.

Here we have what I call my "Germination Station". Germinating under a SF-1000.
14-4.JPG
14-5.JPG
14-6.JPG

Just a few pics to show the brightness of different light combinations.
14-7.JPG
14-8.JPG
14-9.JPG
14-10.JPG

I'll be running my 6 gal. Humidifier during Veg & a 22 pint dehumidifier during flower. I also have my portable AC when needed & an Intake & Exhaust Fan.

I'll be starting my seeds the Double Solo Cup method. I found the perfect way to put drain holes in the Solo Cups. A cheap $10 soldering iron works great. Sure beats heating a Phillips Screwdriver with a candle.... lol.
14-11.JPG
14-12.JPG
14-13.JPG

I use FFOF with Perlite added in for better drainage. I use 5 cups of Soil with 1 cup of Perlite for my seed started soil.
14-14.JPG
14-15.JPG
14-16.JPG

Filled my cups to the lowest rim so the Red cup covers the soil & blocks light from the roots in the Clear Cups.
14-17.JPG
14-18.JPG

I decided on these 4 strains : Aurora Indica, White Widow, OG Kush & Pop Tarts. I labeled my cups & watered each cup to run off on 1-28-22 with 6.3 pH tap water. I let the cups sit for 3 days before planting the seeds. I want the soil moist.... not wet.
14-19.JPG
14-20.JPG
14-21.JPG
14-22.JPG
14-23.JPG
14-24.JPG

I planted my seeds directly in the soil 1/4" down on 1-31-22 & gave each 1 shot glass of water.
14-25.JPG

Here are the Nutrients I'm using for this grow.
Mega Crop 9-6-17
Natures Nectar Nitrogen 5-0-0
Alchemist Stout Mono Silicic Acid : Si

I also have Cal Mag on hand should I need it.
14-26.JPG

When I got up on 2-3 I checked my seeds & 3 out of 4 had sprouted. By time I got home from work that day the 4th one had sprouted. So all 4 on the same day.
14-27.JPG
14-28.JPG
14-29.JPG

I was having really low RH (16%) so yesterday I started up the Humidifier. This is where things are now since I started using the Humidifier. I have it on the timer with the SF-1000. I don't want it to run during lights out as the RH will get too high. It only dropped to 48% during lights out.
14-30.JPG

And here are a couple pics of all 4 at 2 days old. Haven't given them any more water or nutes. The soil looks moist still, so no hurry.
14-31.JPG

They look a little leggy, but I'll bury part of the stem when I up-pot.

14-32.JPG

Morning BB. I can't grow a rock in soil when it comes to our favorite plant. Think I will stick around and maybe learn a thing or three for the upcoming outdoor season. In three tries I haven't grown much more then a half dozen oz,s. but I will keep trying. lol By the way, nice set up you have going there.:ganjamon:

When I got up on 2-3 I checked my seeds & 3 out of 4 had sprouted. By time I got home from work that day the 4th one had sprouted. So all 4 on the same day.
14-27.JPG
14-28.JPG
14-29.JPG

I was having really low RH (16%) so yesterday I started up the Humidifier. This is where things are now since I started using the Humidifier. I have it on the timer with the SF-1000. I don't want it to run during lights out as the RH will get too high. It only dropped to 48% during lights out.
14-30.JPG

And here are a couple pics of all 4 at 2 days old. Haven't given them any more water or nutes. The soil looks moist still, so no hurry.
14-31.JPG

They look a little leggy, but I'll bury part of the stem when I up-pot.

14-32.JPG
Good morning @Buds Buddy hope you are well my friend.
I see you are busy.
Mind if I tag along.:popcorn:

Stay safe
Bill

Morning BB. I can't grow a rock in soil when it comes to our favorite plant. Think I will stick around and maybe learn a thing or three for the upcoming outdoor season. In three tries I haven't grown much more then a half dozen oz,s. but I will keep trying. lol By the way, nice set up you have going there.:ganjamon:
That's kind of funny because I have about 98% success directly in soil. But Soaking in a shot glass or the paper towel method I fail 50% of the time.

Good morning @Buds Buddy hope you are well my friend.
I see you are busy.
Mind if I tag along.:popcorn:

Stay safe
Bill
You're always welcome my friend ! I'll only be posting on my days off work though. Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
Don't have to post as often since it's not a sponsored grow. Kind of a relief really.

That's kind of funny because I have about 98% success directly in soil. But Soaking in a shot glass or the paper towel method I fail 50% of the time.
I am the opposite when it comes to germination. My percentage's drop way down during the next phase, seedlings and I don't seem to get along very well.:Rasta:

I am the opposite when it comes to germination. My percentage's drop way down during the next phase, seedlings and I don't seem to get along very well.:Rasta:
For the first week or two I try to water as little as possible. They seem to drown pretty easily if I don't. It's been 5 days since I gave them water. They can't drink much till they get some roots; so don't want to give too much. They'll get another shot glass of water in a day or two. I probably only give a shot glass of water 3-4 times & by then they are big enough to handle more. About 2 weeks.

Hey Buds some nice info already. I go straight into ez plugs in a humidity dome. It keeps humidity high without needing to water. I vent the dome when it sprouts and remove it the next day.

What made you decide on these four for mothers to run for the next year?

Hey Buds some nice info already. I go straight into ez plugs in a humidity dome. It keeps humidity high without needing to water. I vent the dome when it sprouts and remove it the next day.

What made you decide on these four for mothers to run for the next year?
I just picked the one I liked best from my last 3 grows plus the Pop Tarts seed I found in dispensary weed. 2 of the strains are my last seeds of those so that helped me decide.... lol.

Thanks for the tag Buds and congrats on the new sprouts!
MC has everything the plant will need from seed to harvest, you just have to make sure that the plant can access all the good stuff throughout the grow.
I'm not sure how old that quote is but it's not the approach MrSauga or I use now. MC is a good base to work from (if you have it on hand), but as you've seen from the calculations and your past grows, it needs to be balanced with some additional products to make it work from sprout to harvest.

Thanks for the tag Buds and congrats on the new sprouts!

I'm not sure how old that quote is but it's not the approach MrSauga or I use now. MC is a good base to work from (if you have it on hand), but as you've seen from the calculations and your past grows, it needs to be balanced with some additional products to make it work from sprout to harvest.
Hi Shed. Well this journal already got edited. I mentioned a site & someone I didn't know got banned so they deleted that stuff. I'm hoping if I just refer to things as Calculations they will be OK with it as long as I don't mention the site. I'll have to see what they say.
Yes, I realize that quote isn't 100% true. It's from 2 years ago exactly when you showed me how to get the Donkey Kongs. But some growers do manage to still grow decent plants with just that. But they could optimize things if they chose to like you & Mr. S.
Thanks for jumping in.

Back
Top Bottom