My Growasis! Welcome To My Perpetual Grow!

RookieJuana

Welcome to my Growasis! In order we have, tent 1 through 4, with 1 being my germination/veg tent for autos where my LEDs are on 24 hours. Then we have tent #2 where my photos are vegging 24 hours a day under 1500w LEDs. Tent #3, my favorite tent, my flower tent for my autos. Here sits my last Northern Lights Auto that is about two weeks out from Harvest. And lastly, tent numero quattro, the DRY TENT!!! I'm always trying to improve. Always learning and open to suggestions and constructive criticism. I do a lot of research in my downtime. I'm interested to see how this works for me. And again, if you have any, I'm open to your ideas! Thank you for supporting a rookie grow girl just trying to get better!

Attachments

• 20190408_083938.jpg
    20190408_083938.jpg
    995.5 KB · Views: 189
  • 20190408_083903.jpg
    20190408_083903.jpg
    806.5 KB · Views: 191
  • 20190408_084110.jpg
    20190408_084110.jpg
    1,009.8 KB · Views: 177
  • 20190407_234043.jpg
    20190407_234043.jpg
    752.4 KB · Views: 172
What was the clear/cloudy ratio on your hangers?
This was the best micro shot I could get with my digital wireless microscope. I took the tiny tip off of the main cola to examine. I know I waited until the last minute to harvest but the microscopic picture that I took the day prior, didn't have much amber. I made a thread so someone could help me out by reading my micro picture because I'm still not confident in my ability to do that yet so the guys on here always help me out! I will also show you a picture of the trichomes the day before harvest. You can see the difference.

Attachments

• 20190404_122706.jpg
    20190404_122706.jpg
    938.9 KB · Views: 161
  • 2019-04-05-220025.jpg
    2019-04-05-220025.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 2019-04-04-132829.jpg
    2019-04-04-132829.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 164
They were put in 48 hours of darkness. I was told that during that 48 Hours of darkness, the trichomes would not mature any further without light. Why do you ask? Do you think I waited too long? She did have a lot of amber hairs on her main cola.

They look about 35-40% clear which is just about perfect for sativa smoke. Its a head stash so the cleaner the trichomes the better the smoke. Indicas exact opposite like to see 80 % clouded and 20% amber . Idk I haven't had a good Indy in ages, I've been in hybrid nation for some time. I ask because it looked like you pulled them at the perfect time. Ive got two girls in flower and just found out they are pregnant. They are filling out but theres a long way to go now as I wont cut them until the pods are splitting. Then its a two week flush with water and yucca. Dad was a beast. Mexican sun grown prime cut. Smoothest high you ever had. Put a dash of wine with it and some vinyl well you get it..

Well this could be a learning curve. Darkness does not do anything to age or change trichomes. What dark period does is make the least amount of chlorophyll in plant. Reason is with no light there is no photosynthesis and chlorophyll will be at its lowest level in the plant. That will help with curing and is the best reason to harvest right before lights come on. Now there is no real need to go 48 hours. The levels will be low to about 30 minutes of lights on so harvest before that you good to go. A lot of made up growing styles out there without real truth. Wish you the best take care

The real truth is that a healthy plant put in a dark period for 48 continuous hours uses the plants glucose that's been converted from photon energy to chemical energy & will cause the plant to go into a massive ++ growth shift. Especially when coupled with a final heavy pruning. If co2 can be increased at this time and humidity decreased you can go into huge yield high brix territory. And any horti person knows glucose is made during the day and stored through the cations of potassium. Then delivered to the plant tissues at night. And during prolonged periods of darkness the plant feeds itself this way as the darkness triggers the glucose switch on. Chlorophyll is the switch. glucose is the real plant food. This is why healthy plants don't need humans. Its not the "plant food" we think we are giving them that makes them groGood job Rookie.

Well this could be a learning curve. Darkness does not do anything to age or change trichomes. What dark period does is make the least amount of chlorophyll in plant. Reason is with no light there is no photosynthesis and chlorophyll will be at its lowest level in the plant. That will help with curing and is the best reason to harvest right before lights come on. Now there is no real need to go 48 hours. The levels will be low to about 30 minutes of lights on so harvest before that you good to go. A lot of made up growing styles out there without real truth. Wish you the best take care
Wow, thank you for all the info! And yes I was told that the darkness would not mature the trichomes any further.

Hi Rookie your plants look good I read a government study on light duration that said after 18 hours of light there are diminishing returns my plants under 600 watts at 5 weeks in flower grown in coco
IMG_4073.JPG

you can see that big plants can be grown for less power usage. Just sayin why spend the extra money as far as quality here is a shot of the buds
IMG_4141 copy.jpg

The real truth is that a healthy plant put in a dark period for 48 continuous hours uses the plants glucose that's been converted from photon energy to chemical energy & will cause the plant to go into a massive ++ growth shift. Especially when coupled with a final heavy pruning. If co2 can be increased at this time and humidity decreased you can go into huge yield high brix territory. And any horti person knows glucose is made during the day and stored through the cations of potassium. Then delivered to the plant tissues at night. And during prolonged periods of darkness the plant feeds itself this way as the darkness triggers the glucose switch on. Chlorophyll is the switch. glucose is the real plant food. This is why healthy plants don't need humans. Its not the "plant food" we think we are giving them that makes them groGood job Rookie.
Oh my goodness, thank you so much! Good info.

Hi Rookie your plants look good I read a government study on light duration that said after 18 hours of light there are diminishing returns my plants under 600 watts at 5 weeks in flower grown in coco
IMG_4073.JPG

you can see that big plants can be grown for less power usage. Just sayin why spend the extra money as far as quality here is a shot of the buds
IMG_4141 copy.jpg
Ooooh, so you're saying I should give them 6 hours of sleep or so? I will start doing that on my other plants. When I switch the lights to 12/12 on my photos, will they still flower as normal? They will be going from 24 hours of light to 12. That's okay right?

Yes as Sean said the dark is needed for the plant to feed itself if your plants are photo period they will flower when switched to 12/12 there is no problem switching from 24 to 12/12
Okay thank you guys both so much! From now on I will give my plants 4 to 6 hours of dark time, beginning my next grow.

Pot does not hold onto nutrients for long and uses them up during the normal lights out period.
( no reserves ) so throwing her into the dark for 24,36,or48 hours only starves her and decreases yield Imo.

Pot does not hold onto nutrients for long and uses them up during the normal lights out period.
( no reserves ) so throwing her into the dark for 24,36,or48 hours only starves her and decreases yield Imo.
Oh goodness no, I am not putting them in 24 hours of darkness. I was talking about switching them from 24 hours of light on, which they are at now, then switching to 12/12 for flower. Everyone has said it is not a problem as a lot of people have vegged their plants for 24 hours. After learning some great info here, on my next grow, they will always get at least six hours of sleep!

No problem! If you are new to growing you pick it up really well that one pic looks like a cannabis shrub its so huge!

I didn't see it earlier but give them girls some rest! I don't run 24hrs on because I'm too cheap but they do a few important processes during "sleep" time only so they do need at least some. I will go 24hrs on or off for a day or two when switching lighting schedules, though. Say you are going to start flowering, I put them in 24 hrs of darkness for a day or two when switching from veg to hurry up budding.

Back
Top Bottom