My HPS 600w just cam in today but

Serpico

Im having a hard time connecting the wires together.... I have set the reflector onto the bulb socket and my ballast is hooked up to the lights but when i hit the switch nothing is happening. I took apart thelight socket to find a white and black wire.... My ballast just has a wire to connect to the output, its not connected to the socket. Do these three wires need to be together some how? How should i go about connecting these together.... URDEDPAL or any other experienced grower that could give me advice would be much appreciated. I will also try to have piks so that i can explain this better.

Re: My HPS 600w just cam in today but....

alright i got some piks of the predicament

this is the socket wires
lampsocket.jpg

and this is a ballast wire
ballastwire.jpg

do i put those three wires together and how.... Im about to eletricute myself trying to figure this shit out on my own

You need to strip the wire. Just take scissors and cut the silicone off of the wire and use wire nuts to connect them.

well inside the ballast wire there are three wires: a blue, a white/green and a red one... what connects to what? thanx for the info btw noobie.

Try to find your ballast on-line at the mfg site or some other site that may have a downloadable or printable user manual. That should tell you what each wire is for.

GreenThumbsUp said:
Try to find your ballast on-line at the mfg site or some other site that may have a downloadable or printable user manual. That should tell you what each wire is for.

yeah i went an emailed the people i got it from and there giving me some help

YES!!! i finally got this working.... now all i need are my seeds to come in and im set

What did you have to do?

well i emailed the people that sold me the light.... and they said that 1 of the wires was the ground wire ( which means its not connected to any other wires ) and the blue and red were the active wires that i was supposed to connect to the white and black socket wires... The people who I emailed ether seemed annoyed or just had a bad sense of humor but they recommended I have wiring for idiots on my shelf. I didnt find that amusing but i really dont care, cuz i got my lights to work. The 600w hps is supposed to be the ideal watt per dollar amount and produces 96000 lumens.

He's probibly just a jackass. I'm dissapointed I didn't think of that answer to give you because I deffinately knew it.

Hey no worries, the good thing is that I got it working... and yeah im sure he is a jackass because its probably the same person that kicked out urdedpal for having that pot shirt.

Oh well, Atleast you got it workin right .... Cant find it anywhere, but what strain will you be growing ??? Do you have a camera ? .... i wanna see some pics lol.

ill take piks of the finished light.... I have white rhino and nl x big bud from nirvana coming on its way....i will start a grow journal and take piks when i have everything settled

finally a picture of the 600w HPS, sry for the delay

HPSlight.jpg

^^^ yes i will start a grow journal preety soon. I need a couple more items and then i should be good to go

Serpico said:
The people who I emailed ether seemed annoyed or just had a bad sense of humor but they recommended I have wiring for idiots on my shelf. I didnt find that amusing but i really dont care, cuz i got my lights to work. The 600w hps is supposed to be the ideal watt per dollar amount and produces 96000 lumens.

I'm in the market for a 600 watt, looking at discount hydroponics right now, where did you get yours Serpico?

Back
Top Bottom