My Ingestion Method

glitch

Hey all,

I have been experimenting on and off with ingesting bud for the past 2 years. I thought I would share the easiest and most effective way I have found so far.

What you need:
Buds (any amount)
Empty pill capsules
A glass or ceramic baking dish
An oven
An oven thermometer (optional)
A hand or electric grinder (optional)

What you do:
[1] Place baking dish in oven
[2] Preheat oven to 325 degrees
[3] De-stem your bud
When oven is preheated to 325 degrees
[4] Place your buds in the baking dish
[5] Let cure for around 20 minutes or until the buds are a dark greenish brown - they will be more brown than green
[6] When finished, remove the buds from the baking dish and let them cool for a few minutes
[7] Grind your buds into a fine powder using your favorite method

How to use the powdery goodness
[1] Fill a pill capsule with between 0.1 and 0.2 grams for a test dose.
*If you don't have a scale, then just use trial and error, but don't get too overzealous - these things can be potent
[2] Swallow the capsule
[3] Wait between 1 and 3 hours

Notes
Don't be alarmed if you see some vapor coming off the bud during curing - that's normal.
Make sure the oven doesn't go over 375 - this is where the oven thermometer will come in handy. You can do this without one but I would use it if you have it.

PLEASE wait the full 3 hours before taking more. I made a bad decision by taking 2 1/8g capsules 1.5 hours apart, thinking nothing was happening. Something happened alright.... bad times.

Also, I've noticed that if I try to take these every day my tolerance builds up rather quickly, so I would recommend once every two or three days for the best results.

There you have it. No oil. No butter. No alcohol. No mess. You don't need it. These are just as potent as any of those other methods.

Happy ingestion everyone! :cheesygrinsmiley:

MajorBongHit said:
That sounds pretty awesome. Wouldnt heating the bud up in the oven release a lot of THC before you even get to get high off it? Haha. I dont know. Cool though.

Good question. The THC chemical family has a boiling point of 200C/392F, so as long as the oven doesn't get that hot, your THC won't vaporise. That's why I instruct on the use of an oven thermometer for temperature regulation.

I can't really explain why heating is is necessary from a chemical standpoint. All I know is that it increases the effectiveness of ingestion. Without it this method would require you to ingest many times more bud. When properly cured though, bud can be ingested straight up with very satisfying results.

Anyone who can shed some light on the chemistry of this, please feel free.

I was just reading through this old post of mine and I think I can shed some light on why it can take anywhere from 1 hour to 4 hours to start feeling these. It seems to be related to when food containing fats is consumed. So If you eat one of these on an empty stomach it seems like you won't feel anything until after you down a cupcake or a slice of pizza or something. I guess this method does still need fat for the THC to bond to in order to take effect. Maybe the drying or curing process is necessary because it makes the fat-thc bonding more efficient because there's not as much water in the plant material to get in the way? :scratchinghead: Anyway, I'd say that you probably don't need to oven cure your bud as long as it's dry enough to crumble into a powder with your fingers. If not, just put it in the oven on low (like 120) for a couple hours until it's totally dry. I don't think I can advocate the high temperatures stated in my original post. After further investigation, it seems the only thing that matters is that the bud is dry, not "cured".

I haven't actually tried this in a couple years since my original series of experiments with it. It seemed to work well but I'd still have to say the method is in the experimental stages.

If anyone else has tried this or a similar method, I'd definitely like to hear how it worked or what you do differently.

has anyone drank pot oil in coffee? i just drank a cup with out knowing and wonder what the effects with caffine will be... lol

Back
Top Bottom