My intro to 420 Magazine Forum

Plant Dad

From the Bay Area of California to Victoria BC in Covid. Doing my first grow. I Bought a 4 X 4 tent and everything I need for a successful grow. I thought for my first grow I would go old school. Craving the taste and smell of my younger days in Northern California... I think I just wanted some comfort pot so far from home, plus I just want to get really stoned. So far so good. All four OG KUSH seeds popped up 9/11/20. I've been veg for about 4.5 weeks. I've been pinching and doing LST. I love the community. Wouldn't have had such a successful grow thus far without all of you. Thank you
D50EFEFF-445F-4EC0-B255-FA64FEDD2B0A.jpeg

Don't be scared to feed those girls(if in fact they are feminized) , they are plants now, give it to them they can handle it. I'm here in the Valley close to you and Welcome. I'm a feed, feed, and more feed and then water at the end sort of grower, but I push my plants HARD. Go half strength to start if your nervous, I bet they look greener within a day. Otherwise, they are healthy, is it a 6 foot tent?

[/QUOTE]
Don't be scared to feed those girls(if in fact they are feminized) , they are plants now, give it to them they can handle it. I'm here in the Valley close to you and Welcome. I'm a feed, feed, and more feed and then water at the end sort of grower, but I push my plants HARD. Go half strength to start if your nervous, I bet they look greener within a day. Otherwise, they are healthy, is it a 6 foot tent?
It's a seven foot tent... I know I have room to go up, but I was so excited about LST. I really wanted to try it and see what I could do. After I started I saw most people letting there's grow up a little before LST. I'm a little over zealous with LST. I'm planning to do a SCROG. I'm using Fox Farm Ocean Forest. I've got some organic liquid for veg and flower. I figure I'll start using it soon. I also got some molasses. I should start using that on my waterings. Plants only want water every three or four day so far. Should they be darker green? I thought the color was good but was wondering if they should be darker.

It's probably the light you are using, they look fine(usually after a feeding they are glowing green). 7 feet is nice, I know I lose 2 feet right off the bat with 10" wide pots and my QB's are dialed in at 14" away. SCROGS aren't necessary unless you have older "blurple" lights that only penetrate up to 12 inches or less. You can accomplish the same concept with LST and bamboo poles to spread the branches out. Lately, I just train them by hand flat(they're growing and trunk is thickening), and flip when ready no poles necessary. Between all the calcium I use and the Silica, the branches hold up just fine on there own.

High PD!:ciao: Looking good! I'll pull up a chair and watch the show. Stay stoned! :passitleft:

:welcome:

Thoughts on humidity. I have dehumidifier in room. I'm venting to same room. My understanding is these plants like low humidity. Been trying to keep at or below 50%. Outside the tent humidity is under 50%. Inside its about 60%. I am unable to exchange the air enough so I bought an t6 infinity hoping this will do the trick. Currently using 4" 190 cfm exhaust .

Attachments

• 20201102_115115.jpg
    20201102_115115.jpg
    577.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 20201102_115120.jpg
    20201102_115120.jpg
    634.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 20201102_115128.jpg
    20201102_115128.jpg
    602.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 20201102_115147.jpg
    20201102_115147.jpg
    545.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 20201102_115156.jpg
    20201102_115156.jpg
    607.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 20201102_115210.jpg
    20201102_115210.jpg
    687.2 KB · Views: 34
My 1st thought is that you need to try to find a way to exhaust outside before you start getting mould in the house. You can take air from indoors that is a controlled environment (lung room) and bring that into the tent. Exhaust to outside. Buy a 2nd exhaust fan to boost it through ducting if need be (I used an oversized fan turned down for the extra torque).

Ps- plants look Good!! And don't panic, they can take that humidity at that stage. But it's better to find a solution now then later in flower.

My 1st thought is that you need to try to find a way to exhaust outside before you start getting mould in the house. You can take air from indoors that is a controlled environment (lung room) and bring that into the tent. Exhaust to outside. Buy a 2nd exhaust fan to boost it through ducting if need be (I used an oversized fan turned down for the extra torque).

Ps- plants look Good!!
Dehumidifier is outside the tent. Humidity is under 50% outside tent. My problem is getting tent humidity down to 50%. I will be installing a new exhaust fan today hoping I just need my air exchanged. I'm wondering about proper humidity for these girls in veg. My understanding was OG Kush is highly susceptible to mold, so under 50% is recommended? After reading 2 up pots in 3 weeks thread I am seconded guessing humidity in veg on my girls.

Back
Top Bottom