My Journey For Homegrown Meds

Minus

Hello all and welcome to what is going to be a slow starting but hopefully a progressive journey for my personal medical use marijuana.
This journal will take a bit of time to get off the ground as my health just isn't what it used to be and I don't seem to have the energy to get things done everyday.
So,that being said I look forward to sharing this with my fellow growers and will be listening intently to any suggestions or experiences that have worked for you!

This is what I'll be working with.

What strain is it? The seeds are from BDS,the indoor mix.Supposedly a hodgepodge of master kush,pure power plant,skunk #1,afghan,and BDS special.They were not labeled so I have no idea what is what or if they're even what was advertised.Time will tell hopefully!
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?I am in the process of germination at this point.So far 5 have cracked and have been placed in root plugs then transferred to my areogarden for the first stages of their lives.
If soil... what is in your mix?I will be using a standard potting soil.Not MG even though I have had decent results with it in the past.
If soil... What size pot?I will be using the 7gal. smart pots with handles.
Size of light?I purchased a kit containing a 400watt MH/HPS with cool tube and dimmable ballast.It included some nice adjustable hangers as well.
Is it aircooled?Yes,I have a 6in. inline fan to cool light as well as a rather larger carbon scrubber for later on.
Type and strength of ferts used?I will be using the 2 part system from Blue Planet Nutrients.Really not sure if I truly understand the feeding schedules as of yet so I know I will have questions when the time comes.
Grow Space?Will be an 4ft.x4ft. by 6.5ft tent.

I've been mulling over how to start effectively and I would be interested in hearing some input on this.
Since I have no sure thing as far as sex I was planning on vegging for a few nodes and then switching to 12/12 to determine sex.Once sex is determined I had planned to reveg them to a point where I could then take clones and afterwards get my grow off to a proper start.
Anyways,that's about all I can think of at the moment.I will be at work getting all of this set up to the best of my ability and will post pics and updates as I can.
Thanks for having a look and may this venture be a pleasant and rewarding experience.:peace:

Sounds like a nice setup you got there Minus!! I'm currently flowering my first grow out my 4X4 tent, using BPN aswell!
Just wondering, how many plants are you planning on taking on in your tent? Do you have your cloner situation sorted out yet or are you waiting until that time comes around? Can't wait to see some pics of the setup! Goodluck in advance Minus!!
I'm usually online browsing away, if you have any questions feel free to send a PM, I will do my best to give you some answers or get ya some answers!!

-CA215 :peace:

Sounds like a nice set of gear to get started!

May I suggest you just grow those plants until they are large enough to take a clone, then put the clones directly into 12/12 while you continue to veg the parents. Once you know which are males, you can cull them. Once your females are filling up about 50-60% of your flowering area, flip to 12/12.

Are you planning to keep a mother(s)?

btw, where are the pics? :winkyface:

Sounds like a nice setup you got there Minus!! I'm currently flowering my first grow out my 4X4 tent, using BPN aswell!
Just wondering, how many plants are you planning on taking on in your tent? Do you have your cloner situation sorted out yet or are you waiting until that time comes around? Can't wait to see some pics of the setup! Goodluck in advance Minus!!
I'm usually online browsing away, if you have any questions feel free to send a PM, I will do my best to give you some answers or get ya some answers!!

-CA215 :peace:

Hey there CA215 and thanks for stopping by!I'm hoping the tent works out well.I have seen many people use them on this forum and they seem to work great.
I will be using a hydro farm hothouse for sprouting and cloning(w/Clonex)as well as my old trusty aerogarden.
I'm sure to have many questions in the coming months.:Namaste:

Sounds like a nice set of gear to get started!

May I suggest you just grow those plants until they are large enough to take a clone, then put the clones directly into 12/12 while you continue to veg the parents. Once you know which are males, you can cull them. Once your females are filling up about 50-60% of your flowering area, flip to 12/12.

Are you planning to keep a mother(s)?

btw, where are the pics? :winkyface:

Hello there Hiker and DB62!
I hope so Hiker,I dropped a little of the green as I wanted to do this right and perpetually.
I think the clone route is the way to go and I will be keeping a mother or two in my old phototron as I think it will actually work really well for them.
I am a huge fan of looking at pics and upping them but I don't have much at the moment.
I should be all set up including the wiring and duct work by this weekend and will have some more pics then.
For now just a couple. ;) :Namaste:
This is how my package arrived.Less a few.
IMG_20130409_150422_647.jpg

The hot house
IMG_20130409_152640_561.jpg

My old and very used aerogarden.Yes,I'm cheap.I don't buy the plug holders or the cap covers.I just improvise.
Looks pretty dingy there but I just replaced the old pump and cleaned her up.
IMG_20130409_150142_623.jpg

I will be keeping a mother or two in my old phototron

:yikes: wow I haven't heard that name in a very very long time :)

Don't do what I did. Try not to soak those seeds until you have a room to put them in! Based on your comment "minus a few", I think you may have already started soaking them. You don't have time to post here then, get working on that room! LOL :rofl:

Good luck with the room. I love seeing how rooms are setup. More than the plants in some ways :winkyface:

:yikes: wow I haven't heard that name in a very very long time :)

Don't do what I did. Try not to soak those seeds until you have a room to put them in! Based on your comment "minus a few", I think you may have already started soaking them. You don't have time to post here then, get working on that room! LOL :rofl:

Good luck with the room. I love seeing how rooms are setup. More than the plants in some ways :winkyface:
Hey Hiker,and yes,I am trying to get my seedlings started.I do have a small space ready for them as I set up the room so all good there. ;)
Good old phototron.It actually produced some of the best smoke I ever had.Better momma house soon!
Smart pots won't be here until monday but I am nowhere near ready for them yet.Going to go from plugs to cups to pots.
My biggest concern is really how many of these seeds are going to pop?Time will tell.
Update on room coming by tomorrow! :)
Welcome aboard KingJohnC. :Namaste:

Update:
Well,I said this was going to be slow but this is ridiculous.I have had 100% failure with germination.
I'll need to find a different company to deal with next time and that's all I'll say about that.
Never in my life have I ever seen a total failure as what I experienced.
Used to be a time when I could just about throw seeds into the air and they would magically sprout.Well,not that good but...
So I do have a back up plan that I have been working on for a few days.Using seed from previous grows and we'll see what pops.
Health has been in the crapper and just haven't had any energy but I will post pics of what is going on when,and only when I get something growing.
Until then,:Namaste:

Hope you feel better soon and start getting some better result with the seeds! :Namaste:

How are you germinating? I folded a wet paper towel, into quarters, around mine and put it into a ziplock. Then the ziplock was put on a plate on top of something warm, NOT hot, with a towel on top to keep in the warmth. I got 100% germination. Seeds were from 7-8 different breeders and 2 seedbanks.

Hey Hiker,thanks.
I germinated with the glass of water this go round and then put into rapid rooter plugs then into hothouse.
They just didn't grow at all.
I usually use the paper towel method as well but I thought I'd try something different.I won't be doing that again.
Today I woke up to 32 new sprouts and that was using soil+hothouse.Worked like a charm.
Guess I'll use the plugs for clones only.

Hey Hiker,thanks.
I germinated with the glass of water this go round and then put into rapid rooter plugs then into hothouse.
They just didn't grow at all.
I usually use the paper towel method as well but I thought I'd try something different.I won't be doing that again.
Today I woke up to 32 new sprouts and that was using soil+hothouse.Worked like a charm.
Guess I'll use the plugs for clones only.

Sounds like a plan. Glad you got your clones to take!

Sounds like a plan. Glad you got your clones to take!
Oh no,no clones yet man,just seedlings.I will be setting up the tent tomorrow and will post pics of progress.
I should have everything set up by days end.Clones will be coming later after sex is determined. :Namaste:

Didn't get finished but I will post tomorrow.
I came across this video and I really hope it's true. :Namaste:

[video=youtube;hHnQ-YAqAsA]
[/video]

Got a bit done today.Taking apart the old closet and making room was the hardest part for me.
Anyway,this is what I have so far.I should be finished with the set up tomorrow and have my babies in their new home.
Sorry for the crappy pics,my phone wasn't playing nice.Need to dig out my good cam.

IMG_20130502_131143_048.jpg

IMG_20130502_131257_363.jpg

IMG_20130502_133601_147.jpg

IMG_20130502_133612_295.jpg

IMG_20130502_135328_107.jpg

IMG_20130502_135344_638.jpg

IMG_20130502_142817_725.jpg

IMG_20130502_145510_924.jpg

Wow that MH is bright.That is at 50%.
BPN
IMG_20130502_161323_332.jpg

Ok,finally have something going on.I set up the ventilation today and will add a fan tomorrow but at least I'm working on a plan now.
Transplanted 18 of the 32 seedlings and placed into tent.I'm hoping for four females.That's all I want in my tent.
The others will be distributed outside like Johnny Appleseed via GPS.
I still need to tighten up vent pipe a bit but no biggie.My grow has officially begun.
IMG_20130503_133326_894.jpg

IMG_20130503_170749_926.jpg

IMG_20130503_170802_916.jpg

IMG_20130503_170841_222.jpg

IMG_20130503_170853_652.jpg

Again,still haven't found my good cam but I have confidence I will find it soon.
Really hoping for 4 fems in this batch. :Namaste:

I'm a lucky man.

I guess I may tell a bit of myself through this journal.At least enough.
My health as I've been vague about,has been not good.
One problem that has been really bad is the nerve damage from a crushed elbow.
A few hits takes care of it usually but I have found myself in a conundrum the last year.No supplier...don't know anyone that deals/medicates.
Anyway,my daughter,who I know smokes,we never have together,just too weird for me I guess,knows people.
My pain has been so bad as of late I asked her where I could find some.That was a hard thing for me to do.
She hooked me up immediately and told me that if I never need again just to call her.
Did I tell you I'm a lucky man?
Nice mids and took away my pain so swiftly,it was just amazing.
IMG_20130505_204059_224.jpg

Took my buddies for a lil fishing trip today and thought I'd share.
Nobody really knows this pier is here and I've been fishing back on this spot for over 25 years.Loving it even more now as close to shore is shallow.Hope you like the pics,I caught and released.
IMG_20130507_153602_121.jpg

IMG_20130507_150812_812.jpg

IMG_20130507_144849_469.jpg

IMG_20130507_144841_312.jpg

Back
Top Bottom