My Journey On Learning To Perfect A SOG

Side 2:

Only 2 of the seeds have broken soil so what I'm thinking is I may grow each of these strains fully instead of the small SOG and take cuttings then start from there as I think there is not going to be no where near an even canopy due too new plant height and stretch after 12/12 ect.

if I do said above plan then I will be growing 40 90x60x90 seedling tent, 4" rockwool cubes setup, hopefully try get a custom LED setup thats overpowering for the tent, small space, max yield! .

So I will be buying the new setup equipment this month while I have the money so if anyone has ever grown in rockwool or knows of a similar setup is love to know, the reason I'm planning on the rockwool is due to the medium height meaning a smaller grow system, longer plants with extra room for lights and excessive heat.

I will be installing my filter today, temps at the moment are 24c and that's 12" away from the rough level of the canopy and that's with the extractor on the hood on very little power via the adjuster so I think I could easily get this tent to run at a permanent 20-23c with just the one light running at the moment .

How goes it? I will be starting an SOG in RDWC next grow. I'm very curious to see how you do. You were asking about Rockwool... I used to use it but found you need to properly Ph it before use. And, you can over water it fairly easily. I've since switched to Rapid Rooters and will never go back. From what I understand, Big Bud is one of the best for SOG. It's an indica based strain that produces a gigantic yield grow conventionally. From what I understand you dont want sativas. Indicas or strong indica hybrids work best in SOG.

I'm gonna do it all in one strain Strawberry Banana. I would like them all the same height so I'm growing mothers now. I will have 14 grow sites in my hydro rig.
This pic shows my hydro rig now
I will need to cut a few more holes in the bucket to the left to get 14 spots.

Missed this little puppy, i thought if you followed someone you would get more alerts :hmmmm:, will tag along for the rest of the grow... looking good buddy

I have been having problems with notifications too :(.

Yeah there doing pretty great, it's more like a act of now but I'm not short of bud spots that's for sure :).

I'm looking into going hydro next so it saves on soils and less nutrients, plus it being a lot tidy and cleaner.

Here they are, I need serious help with trimming, I have such large fan leaves covering every where.

Yeah there doing pretty great, it's more like a act of now but I'm not short of bud spots that's for sure :).

I'm looking into going hydro next so it saves on soils and less nutrients, plus it being a lot tidy and cleaner.

Here they are, I need serious help with trimming, I have such large fan leaves covering every where.

Looks great! Maybe a little defoliation is in order, but that's up to you. Plenty of bud sites.

I could do with some advice on the devil actual as this time around is only for yield as I won't be growing on this size scale anymore so I don't really want to lose out by causing a mistake.
If you just pull a few big leaves that are covering a budsite you will be ok. It's really not very technical, once you do it a few times it will be like riding a boke. A few things I do.... I never pull leaves around a bud. I usually pull only one large leaf at a node, unless its low on a branch. I also make doubly sure all the lower budsites arent thin, weak coming from the lower part of a branch. I trim those off because I'd rather have bigger buds. A lot of people lollipop the lower parts of a plant. This doesnt work so much on a scrog since the net is set so low on the plant ( look at the plant in the picture) The thinner buds arent worth saving unless you make oil. I almost always scrog, this makes it easier to get to the stuff in the middle.

Heres a picture of one of mine. You can see the lower stems are picked clean. Theres dead leaves because this plant is getting over the flu. That and I didnt clean it up for pictures

It may be a little late, but you should tuck the tops and longer stuff under the scrog till about 2-3 weeks in flower. This is what helps the lower stuff catch up with the taller stuff, and create a level grow canopy. Just an observation.

So I have since started a new hydro grow but I'm thinking of running a coco SOG grow shortly after with an assortment of bag seeds or clones.

I have seen some 60x30cm pots so 4 of them will fit nicely in my new 2x4 tent, I'm thinking of around 32 plants, 4 per sqft, 8 to each tray pot so at least handling will be easier, I only plan to keep the main colas so anything below will be trimmed just before the 12/12 flip.

I'm hoping for 1/2oz from each cola/plant so I'm thinking I should really go for clones rather than seeds that could be all different sizes, I can take a few clones from my current plants in around 4-6 weeks time so say another 6 weeks on top of that for that clone to take root and be able to take roots from so I could possible get them in and rooted around the 15th which will work out great as my 2 current plants will be coming out on the 22nd ready to be marred from drying.

So my plan is if I go with the clone setup is to get them rooted up with a great amount of roots established then I plan to root them in the coco for a further 2 weeks then flip them to flower, my mix of medium will be 50-50 coco/perlite mix, Remo Nutrients line up, 2 250w hps lights, 6" 600mm carbon filter, depending on the heat from these lights I may put two cool tubes in.

So I have since started a new hydro grow but I'm thinking of running a coco SOG grow shortly after with an assortment of bag seeds or clones.

I have seen some 60x30cm pots so 4 of them will fit nicely in my new 2x4 tent, I'm thinking of around 32 plants, 4 per sqft, 8 to each tray pot so at least handling will be easier, I only plan to keep the main colas so anything below will be trimmed just before the 12/12 flip.

I'm hoping for 1/2oz from each cola/plant so I'm thinking I should really go for clones rather than seeds that could be all different sizes, I can take a few clones from my current plants in around 4-6 weeks time so say another 6 weeks on top of that for that clone to take root and be able to take roots from so I could possible get them in and rooted around the 15th which will work out great as my 2 current plants will be coming out on the 22nd ready to be marred from drying.

So my plan is if I go with the clone setup is to get them rooted up with a great amount of roots established then I plan to root them in the coco for a further 2 weeks then flip them to flower, my mix of medium will be 50-50 coco/perlite mix, Remo Nutrients line up, 2 250w hps lights, 6" 600mm carbon filter, depending on the heat from these lights I may put two cool tubes in.
Sounds cool. Dont use seeds. It's a lot of clones, but you'll be much happier with the result

Back
Top Bottom