My Journey Treating Tourette's With Cannabis Oil

chadillac5580

Greetings! Im Chad, a 36 year old husband and father of 5 in Southern California. I have Tourette's (a mild case compared to most) and have decided to attempt to treat it with concentrated cannabis oil (a.k.a. Rick Simpson Oil) and CBD oil. I will be documenting my journey here.

Living with Tourette's is a circle of mental chaos for me. I have motor tics and it sucks. They cause me severe anxiety. The downfall is anxiety causes more tics, which in turn causes more anxiety, which in turn causes more tics... and so on. It is a circular process that is very hard to escape. It causes headaches as well as physical pain.

I was encouraged to take anti-psychotic drugs to manage my tics. However, I denied. The thought of taking anti-psychotic drugs bothered me. They instead put me on an anti-depressant called Zoloft, which I've been taking for nearly 10 years. Zoloft is bad for the body. Beside the fact that it's toying with the chemical balance of your brain, it can cause liver problems, heart problems, depression, suicidal thoughts, drowsiness, lower sexual drive and many other things. Trying to stop Zoloft is a complete nightmare. I've tried a few times unsuccessfully. It messes with the brain so much that the patient often gives in and continues taking it.

I haven't used cannabis recreationaly in almost 15 years, but am now using concentrated cannabis oil (CCO) nightly and CBD oil daily. With this thread I plan to document the journey of my goal... to replace the chemically, man made, damaging drug Zoloft with a natural God given medicinal plant, Cannabis. Welcome to my journey. I pray this will bear fruit and possibly help others!

Zoloft was horrible and i stopped taking it as soon as i could. I wish you success with this experiment and i look forward to seeing how this works for you. Good luck.

One Month In

I began taking a rice grain sized dose of CCO on December 3rd, 2016 that contained 60% THC, 2% CBD and 1% CBN. I swallowed it every night before bed. I noticed my tics reduce almost immediately. Moreover, my anxiety subsided substantially. I woke up with a clear renewed mind as opposed to my normal racing thoughts that felt like a Nascar race inside head.

A few times I did feel the euphoria (or high). During the time of euphoria I had almost zero tics. Pretty much none at all. My anxiety was 100% gone. I wasn't focused on the past or the future... I was just in the moment. Being I'm a husband and father of 5 (2 of which are 2 year old twins) it's not really in my best interest to be high every night. However I can tell you that for me, I savored every second of it.

About a week ago I added hemp CBD oil in my regimen. Not quite sure if this is helping or not, but I continue to take it.

So far, so good.

-A Change of Ingestion Method-

About three weeks in I decided to experiment with different methods of ingestion. I've been researching various methods and bioavailability. I had heard about creating a "biobomb" mix of CCO/Olive Oil/Liquid Sunflower Lecithin. This supposedly made the oil much more bioavailable. I tried this but noticed my tics and anxiety increase. I eliminated the olive oil, but the same happened. I then eliminated the lecithin and just ingested the olive oil/CCO mix and was fine. For some reason, the sunflower lechetin was icreasing my anxiety and tics.

From what I understand lecithin is converted into acetylcholine, a substance that transmits nerve impulses. If acetylcholine is a chemical released by nerve cells to send signals to other cells, maybe it's too much or is causing an imbalance which in turn is increasing my tics/anxiety? I'm not sure, but for now I'll stay away from the lecithin.

-Tacking-
Tacking is a method where you tack the oil to your gums and leave it there. This is a great method for those who desire to avoid the psychoactive effects of THC. I've tacked quite a few times and it seems to work okay. So far though, simply swallowing the oil has worked the best for me. Time will tell as I continue the tacking method for two weeks straight (which I'm doing now).

-Vaping-
I recently took two puffs off a vape pen that contained a 2:1 ratio of CBD:THC. Within 3-5 minutes I was very relaxed, my tics were almost at zero and my anxiety was gone. Absolutely amazing. I may consider this as my favorite method of ingestion so far. Instant relief.

Greetings Chadillac5580,
I wanted to know how long the effects of the vaping lasted.
Do you just take as needed for anxiety and Tourettes symptoms?

Back
Top Bottom