My journey w/MM has begun

antichemoguy

Hi all.

Smoked pot for fun all my life since age 18. Never gave a thought to why-except it got me high. Now, 49 yrs later, I'm lookin at pot from a diff point of view. First time in getting at edibles and have a few questions. I've read and reread many topics here and do appreciate the guidance you experienced folks are passing on to us newbies. CHEERS EH!!

67 yrs old. Currently at Stage3 Colon Cancer. Have had surgery to remove a gigantic tumor on my colon, and that resulted in it's removal and my appendix--followed by 2 more surgeries resulting from septic poisoning from 1st surgery, then a heart attack and respiratory failure. Somewhere in that mix I woke up with an Ostomy Bag. WOW-that hit me like a ton of bricks. So I went from a tummy ache to emergency thinking I had a hernia. That led to 33 days in ICU, 3 major surgeries and 4 endoscopic procedures.Then they cut me loose and said i needed 'adjuvent" cancer treatment ???? They told me that the pathology report shows there was no 'sign" of METASTISIS after removing the tumor and 27 lymph nodes, 4 of which had cancer. It had not spread beyond lymph nodes? Then they drop the bomb by categorically stating I "MUST" have Chemo.?? They go on to preach that the "normal" procedure is CHEMO cuz there is a chance that some C cells are still there. DUHHH I thought!! A CHANCE!! ????

HOW DO YA LIKE ME SO FAR??? LOL

Then I decided to take things into my own hands and do some research. I came to the conclusion that there would be "NO CHEMO FOR ME" because of some of the things I found out about Chemo and here is a sampling:

1-The death it causes before the cancer might get me- meaning my demise or the killing of my GOOD body cells along with any cancer cells.

2-The brain damage (chemo brain) for life MOST of the time. Quote " Post-chemotherapy cognitive impairment (PCCI) (also known as chemotherapy-induced cognitive dysfunction, chemo brain or chemo fog) describes the cognitive impairment that can result from chemotherapy treatment. Although the causes and existence of post-chemotherapy cognitive impairment have been a subject of debate, recent studies have confirmed that post-chemotherapy cognitive impairment is a real, measurable side effect of chemotherapy that appears in some patients." Most often this is PERMANENT.

3-The peripheral neuropathy that might cripple me for life. Mayo Clininc quote: Chemo recipients are exposing themselves to poisons which include toxic substances and certain medications – especially those used to treat cancer (chemotherapy).

Also the risk of metastasis after chemo is pretty good too. So, for a 1 or 2 % maybe even 3% that it might change my outcome, it's not worth it to me, so I turned down the Chemo. The oncologist did agree and STATE- that "Chemo is a crap shoot at best". I"m not looking for any magical cures and right now there's no obvious signs that I'm even ill-except for the Ostomy bag, and i hope to have that reversed in Mar or Apr. I have no idea what the future will bring for me, but I plan on smiling and giggling thru the full run. So they say we should take Chemo after Cancer has been removed??This from a neighbor "Of my friends who decided not to take Chemo, none ever saw the cancer return. Of those who decided to take Chemo, one died from the Chemo and another saw the cancer return. So, for a 1 or 2 % maybe even 3% that it might change my outcome, it's not worth it to me, so I turned down the Chemo. The oncologist did agree and STATE- that "Chemo is a crap shoot at best".

Simply put, there's a 100% chance that the Chemo will cause damage to the body, there's a high chance that it will impair normal neurological activity and there's evidence to suggest that Chemo can cause other kinds of cancers. It seems ludicrous to me to use something which causes cancer on someone to "prevent" cancer when you don't even know if they still have it, as opposed to CANNABIS treatments I have found on the net

I'm fully aware that there's a chance that during initial surgery, microscopic cancer cells can and do dislodge from the location of the tumor. I've read reams of medical text at the Canadian Cancer Society , US Nat. Cancer Institute and Mayo Clinic to name a few. And I'm aware that in an extreme case, these dislodged particles can potentially form new cancerous growth all over the body. However, this is only a CHANCE. And even if they are dislodged, it is also only a CHANCE that they will establish a new cancer growth. While it's true that if there is the ChANCE that the cancer migrates to a location that can't be cut out and difficult to test for, it's still only a Chance. Compared to a guarantee of damage, the Chance doesn't seem logical to me.

My first long study project was on RSO.That's done and I'm dosing daily as per R.S. and PhoenixTears and I'm 2 months away fro having blood work and CT again. Feeling pretty confident about the results will be:). I want to start edibles for maintenance and recreation and coconut infused oil to help my wife with her ailments.

What I have to work with is a bag of approx 15 lbs of plant material that was recently harvested. Looking through my loup before freezing i can see the whole mass is covered in good stuff. My question is this. Can i just pick out an oz or so of this mix, ignoring stems for now, and follow this recipe right away or would I cure/dry it first? . I do understand the decarb process relating to good bud but not sure if I have to dry what I have first? I plan on experimenting with a variety of ways of extracting and cooking. Any help or direction to threads where it's discussed would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Welcome to 420 Mag. Sorry to hear about your cancer issues. I agree that MMJ is a great alternative to many of modern medicines so called treatments. I do not cook or make tinctures yet so I am no help with that. I do however grow and may help with that aspect. Keep your chin up. This community has great resources. Here is a link to cooking with MMJ.

Cooking with cannabis

Cancer treatment is a tough row to hoe. I've had cemo and radiation and it's not pleasant at all but it can save your life.
Pot can help ease some of the bad effects of the treatment. Concentrates may be even more effective in relieving some
of the symptoms but I don't think it's going to cure.

My view is, surgery followed by radiation or chemo or both is you best chance at surviving.
No doubt I would be dead today were it not for all three.

Welcome aboard SIR, not having cancer my self, but living through breast cancer with my gal and her mom has been a tough 3 1/2 years finally getting to the end for my gal, all clear. I commend you for trying the alternative I have seenthe chemo rip two woman up and to this day a year after treatment still think the chemo is responsible for some of the issues they may still have. If you can find any kind of relief happiness or quality of life through MMJ and I can help let me know. I had about 3lbs of trimings off my last grow and just did the butter thing, Hope you like cookies, lol. But all I did was about four pounds of butter, got it melted and then added about a 1 1/2 of the trimmings and let it come up to a boil then reduced it to a simmer, for me being a chef the simmer and butter is a good thing especially when you ad a plant or vegetable it allows the water to evaporate so you end up with a very concentrated mix, Best of luck SIR will be checking back in on yah, OG

P.S. What Oldman60 said I would not trade the chemo for the life of my gal, but some of the other meds they gave her to help with the side effect, from all the meds to help rebuild white blood cells and all and the nausea and PAIN....

Back
Top Bottom