My kief melts & bubbles, very harsh?

Danarano

So I collected some kief from the bottom of a huge Tupperware bowl I was using for curing and got a few grams, me and the wifey packed a small bowl after settling down in bed for the night. We were pretty excited and after hitting it with the lighter it melted and boiled, the smoke was extremely tickly on the throat almost unbearable! Followed by 5 / 10 min of coughing, choking on water and whispering speech. All this happening while we were absolutely ripped, I mean supper baked was very unpleasant to say the least............. it’s not even worth trying again and I was planning to dry sift some kief with my popcorn buds but now I don’t know. Is there a way to not have it destroy our throats & lungs ?

Attachments

• CD0A4987-36C7-44CE-B55C-E8E3F3F166D9.jpeg
    CD0A4987-36C7-44CE-B55C-E8E3F3F166D9.jpeg
    496.9 KB · Views: 208
So I collected some kief from the bottom of a huge Tupperware bowl I was using for curing and got a few grams, me and the wifey packed a small bowl after settling down in bed for the night. We were pretty excited and after hitting it with the lighter it melted and boiled, the smoke was extremely tickly on the throat almost unbearable! Followed by 5 / 10 min of coughing, choking on water and whispering speech. All this happening while we were absolutely ripped, I mean supper baked was very unpleasant to say the least............. it’s not even worth trying again and I was planning to dry sift some kief with my popcorn buds but now I don’t know. Is there a way to not have it destroy our throats & lungs ?

Thin it with tobacco to smoke it, or use it for edibles.

I used to put some on my weed, or roll it in a joint

Good stuff then

Or smash it into hash and smoke it on a pin tip under a glass

I had the same issue , I wasn’t sure what to do with my kief so I took a bunch of it and used isopropyl alcohol to make oil from it.
Then mixed the oil with the remaining kief and ended up with a nice ball of hash. I find it easier to work with and smoke. It has a soft gummy texture and after curing 5 weeks is getting pretty smooth.

I had the same issue , I wasn’t sure what to do with my kief so I took a bunch of it and used isopropyl alcohol to make oil from it.
Then mixed the oil with the remaining kief and ended up with a nice ball of hash. I find it easier to work with and smoke. It has a soft gummy texture and after curing 5 weeks is getting pretty smooth.

Love to know how u did that....looks amazing

That's a big bowl of straight kief. Try sprinkling a bit on top of a small bowl of ground up flower or like was also mentioned, use heat and pressure to turn it into hash.

Thanks Chris!

Incognito I tried pressing it and the end result wasn’t as satisfying to me as what I’m used to from making bubble hash.

There was a long chain of events that led me to experimenting with a CO2 tank I use for making beer.
I’ve been making bubble hash with ice for many years but it tends to waste a lot and gets very labour intensive for large amounts. Mr Krip told me I should use dry ice, which is frozen CO2. I live in a very isolated community. There is no dry ice here and no chance of ever getting any. Someone else turned me onto a video of some crazy Russian dude using a CO2 fire extinguisher but I couldn’t find any fire extinguishers here that are pure CO2
If you are a normal person living in civilization and can get dry ice, it looks like that is a very easy way to make kief.
I posted my experiments in my journal on this page here - Weasel Forges Ahead and also in the previous page - maybe easier to dig around there since I’m just getting going and prying my eyes open at the moment and if I try to type it all out will probably just be gibberish :)

As for the oil, I used the ‘quick wash isopropyl’ (QWISO) method to dissolve the resin out of the kief. Except that I didn’t worry about the ‘quick’ part so much. I wasn’t worried about polluting the oil with a lot of chlorophyl because I didn’t see there being much chlorophyl in the kief anyway

Thanks Chris!

Incognito I tried pressing it and the end result wasn’t as satisfying to me as what I’m used to from making bubble hash.

There was a long chain of events that led me to experimenting with a CO2 tank I use for making beer.
I’ve been making bubble hash with ice for many years but it tends to waste a lot and gets very labour intensive for large amounts. Mr Krip told me I should use dry ice, which is frozen CO2. I live in a very isolated community. There is no dry ice here and no chance of ever getting any. Someone else turned me onto a video of some crazy Russian dude using a CO2 fire extinguisher but I couldn’t find any fire extinguishers here that are pure CO2
If you are a normal person living in civilization and can get dry ice, it looks like that is a very easy way to make kief.
I posted my experiments in my journal on this page here - Weasel Forges Ahead and also in the previous page - maybe easier to dig around there since I’m just getting going and prying my eyes open at the moment and if I try to type it all out will probably just be gibberish :)

As for the oil, I used the ‘quick wash isopropyl’ (QWISO) method to dissolve the resin out of the kief. Except that I didn’t worry about the ‘quick’ part so much. I wasn’t worried about polluting the oil with a lot of chlorophyl because I didn’t see there being much chlorophyl in the kief anyway

Nice, I'm going to have to check that out. CO2 extraction has piqued my interest!

As for heat/pressure to make hash, I wouldn't use a press, just bare hands :yahoo:

Try smoking just a tiny bit, on a bed of ash in your pipe
When your lungs get use to it you can take bigger hits
Also I see you live In Alberta , try the cold shake outside method

Back
Top Bottom