My leaves are turning yellow

Those "leaves" are supposed to wither and fall off. They are the codyledons which aren't really true leaves. Later, the ones above it will eventually turn yellow, wither, and fall off because the plant won't need them anymore.

Actually the codyledons had already left I am meaning the next leaves to form afterward they actually turned yellow and dry on the edges first and then blotches of yellow formed in spots that quickly turned brown and necrotic some becoming a hole . Now that I started adding calmax by grotek all the edges that were yellowing and drying up have now stopped drying the color is returning and the edges are basically looking like damaged leaves that have healed and the blotches on the middle of the leaf now looks like a yellowish scar. Before the problem I was using Ro water Gh flora 3 part ,with molasses every other watering, and superthrive in every watering and the problem just progressing by adding Grotek Calmax 2-0-0 1.5%cal .75% mag .1% iron and the plants are improving it does have extra nitrogen so possible I was lacking nitrogen but they taking off like crazy but of course the damage they already took will not be fully repaired but other then my important plants in the past 3 days my damage cherry tomatoes have showed improvment started growing again and are producing flowers so I think calmag was the answer.

Actually the codyledons had already left I am meaning the next leaves to form afterward they actually turned yellow and dry on the edges first and then blotches of yellow formed in spots that quickly turned brown and necrotic some becoming a hole . Now that I started adding calmax by grotek all the edges that were yellowing and drying up have now stopped drying the color is returning and the edges are basically looking like damaged leaves that have healed and the blotches on the middle of the leaf now looks like a yellowish scar. Before the problem I was using Ro water Gh flora 3 part ,with molasses every other watering, and superthrive in every watering and the problem just progressing by adding Grotek Calmax 2-0-0 1.5%cal .75% mag .1% iron and the plants are improving it does have extra nitrogen so possible I was lacking nitrogen but they taking off like crazy but of course the damage they already took will not be fully repaired but other then my important plants in the past 3 days my damage cherry tomatoes have showed improvment started growing again and are producing flowers so I think calmag was the answer.

Actually, I was talking about Kauii's picture. Unless you posted one and I didn't see it.

Re: My leaves are turning yellow :(

First and foremost, remember, opinions are like you know what-everyone has one. This being said, I'd bet you a jelly donut you'll find MORE who say no-no to MG than ones that will say yes.

That pretty much speaks voluumes in and of itself. Peace

I have to speak up for MG nutes actually I have seen long time growers manage to produce buds far better then any I have yet to produce using nothing but MG starting with 5-15-5 then 20-20-20 at end of summer he switched to 18-24-16 and 15-30-15 and it turned out pretty wicked he did modify the feeding schedule a bit and also purchased pouches of individual nutrients to increase NPK as required but for the most part he used all mg nutrients except he did add in some GH Floranectar berry flavour for the last week to give a bit nicer flavour.

Re: My leaves are turning yellow :(

I have to speak up for MG nutes actually I have seen long time growers manage to produce buds far better then any I have yet to produce using nothing but MG starting with 5-15-5 then 20-20-20 at end of summer he switched to 18-24-16 and 15-30-15 and it turned out pretty wicked he did modify the feeding schedule a bit and also purchased pouches of individual nutrients to increase NPK as required but for the most part he used all mg nutrients except he did add in some GH Floranectar berry flavour for the last week to give a bit nicer flavour.

Where exacty would you buy this MG bloom fert? The only MG we have around here at the Giant (local supermarket chain) is this MG potting soil which has a NPK value of 0.12-0.9-03 or something like that. There also this Shultz organic stuff that has a value of 9-3-2. And I'm in flowering so none of these help me.

MG is nasty. It's chemical, not good for ya. It doesn't promote soil health.

Also, nitrogen is a mobile nutrient. It can travel throughout the plant to where it is needed, so deficiencies show up in older leaves as new growth calls it up top.

hell no to mircle grow. A good medium that is cheap is pro-mix its nutrual in p.h. and its a soilless mix the nutes are just what you put in it. Its a cheap route to go if you can afford fox farm, coco or all of the big names. Its also easy to find lowes and home depot both carry them. Thats just my opinion of course....

Back
Top Bottom