HUM8OLDT

For legal purposes, all text and pictures are not real.

Im behind on posting this and have a few days to catch up on so bare with me.

Yesterday was day 7 of my first grow with an led setup.I got an entire new setup for this grow. List of supplies below:
3x Haze berry from rqs
2x4x7 tent
450w mars reflector series
4" exhaust fan with carbon scrubber
My co2 grow & bloom
Sunshine #4 aggregate
Natural volcano perlite
8 quarts Recycled glass
8" ceramic heater
Ff dirty dozen
50x Root riot
Superthrive
3x 3m 1" pot breathers
2x 4" battery operated fans
Digital timer
Digital temperature control

I will add more as I go, feel free to give any wisdom, ask questions, or give constuctive criticism

Day1:

I put the pot breathers in 5 gallon pots. I then filled with a soil mixture consisting of 4 parts soil to 3 parts perlite. Then i inserteded the haze berry seeds into the root riot cubes, then the cubes were inserted in the soil. Then I mixed 1/8 tsp superthrive and 1/2 tsp big bloom per gallon of water and watered them.

Day5:

They sprouted out of the root riot today.
20150311_093009.jpg
20150311_093017.jpg
20150311_212537.jpg
20150311_212517.jpg

HUM8OLDT,

Looks like you are on your way.:goodjob: Take care not to overfeed. Relax a bit and let them grow on what's in the soil while you set up and tune the AC in the tent. When plants are small, they can only eat a small amount. If you keep adding nutes on each watering, then it will quickly build up and hurt the plants.

:Namaste:

Thank you for the info, i will start watering in between. I thought the light ratio of nutes, the inert soil, with great drainage would avoid that, or is that just a myth?

You have the right idea. The leaves are nice and dark so it struck me that foliar feeding was probably unnecessary.
I don't recognize all the brand names. It looked like a soil mix in the pictures. Small plants don't need much, but they do need something.

Even in inert media, if the plants don't use it or you don't remove it by flushing, the nutrients will still build up.
A lot of the nute makers want you to use very hot mixes and flush a lot. It's easy to get out of control.

I rely on my EC meter to tell me what's in the water both before and after adding nutes. If I'm having any issues I check the runoff too.
I think they are well worth the price because they let you do a sanity check on the recipe used. It's pretty easy to get 1/2 or 2x what you intended.

You have the right idea. The leaves are nice and dark so it struck me that foliar feeding was probably unnecessary.
I don't recognize all the brand names. It looked like a soil mix in the pictures. Small plants don't need much, but they do need something.

Even in inert media, if the plants don't use it or you don't remove it by flushing, the nutrients will still build up.
A lot of the nute makers want you to use very hot mixes and flush a lot. It's easy to get out of control.

I rely on my EC meter to tell me what's in the water both before and after adding nutes. If I'm having any issues I check the runoff too.
I think they are well worth the price because they let you do a sanity check on the recipe used. It's pretty easy to get 1/2 or 2x what you intended.

What is an ec meter? I moniter the ph level before watering, i also check the soil ph pevel. Also i will be flushing 2 times at least possibly more if i see any leaf later on. Thank you all for the feedback!

:popcorn: Subbed.

Always interested in what others peeps are doing with LED's.

Nice little set up you got, Iv seen some people pull some magic number when it comes to yield with Leds good luck :) can't wait to see them grow

I think most of the numbers you see in the forums are just fish stories. LED's work well, but are not magic. They save on electricity, but cost more up front. The nice thing is, they run cool, are very friendly and flexible to use and people are getting very potent cannabis from their grows. I just restarted growing cannabis after a 25 year break.
After 6 months, I'm harvesting "top shelf" qualify cannabis buds from my personal grow.

Here's what my small, personal grow setup looks like. I'm using 3 Mars Hydro 48x3w reflectors.
IMAG045918.jpg
IMAG045014.jpg

Here's one plant I grew in 0.8 ft2 (42 watts of lighting)
P101006710.JPG

Hopefully, you'll get something that looks like this:
Feb281.JPG
Feb28C1.JPG

I ended up with 26g of fluffy, but very potent bud and 6g of prime sugar leaves from this one plant after drying.
I expect to harvest one of these every 10 days or so now that I've staggered my plant's start times.

If I can do it, so can you.

That looks awesome! I just cant wait for them to get bigger. I see you have the same lights. Im thinking about putting in a t8 later on for the budding. Or was the added light from the bloom button good for budding? Im worried about the led being "ok" for budding, but not quite there. So i am thinking about getting 2 single bulb t8 ballasts and ordering w agrogrow 3000k t8 bulbs to help the led finish the bud. Thoughts?

Looks amazing bro. I love to see how other people grow and what lights and everything they use :]. I will be flipping the switch to 12/12 on mine tomorrow, i am using a 400whps tho. I have only grown one plant before that with a cfl for the whole grow.

Looks amazing bro. I love to see how other people grow and what lights and everything they use :]. I will be flipping the switch to 12/12 on mine tomorrow, i am using a 400whps tho. I have only grown one plant before that with a cfl for the whole grow.

Thank you. I just couldnt warrant spending all that on electricity. So i went all out upfront, and praying it pays off, plus I have a couple seasoned vets incase of emergency and no one on here can help me lol.

Back
Top Bottom