My Little Ones Aren't Looking Too Happy

Yes, it has been a bit. Still veggin, the yoda og(far left) is about 3'x3'. Waiting on it to get 4x4, so that will take up my whole 600. My sour brasi(only other bigger one) is just over 2'x2'. Trying to get it to 3x3 and have the other 4 smaller ones(dawgs waltz, haole, black diamond og and the smallest is another yoda. want to get them to 1'x2' so that those 5 will fill up a 4x4 scrog under a 1000 de bulb, before i send everything to flower. I fell way behind on veg, I wanted to be about a month from being done at this point, but that didn't happen. I already had to put an a/c back in there and put the glass back on my hoods. Been having some warm weather lately. Once my grommets come in I'll be making a new rdwc with 1" pipe this time. For 4 smaller plants, I was planning on putting 2 in 1 tote times 2, so that I will only have 4 pots plus the res. I'll be putting 3 frozen gallon water jugs probably twice a day, since I'm too cheap to spend $400 on a water chiller |: Although I am really thinking about it...
IMAG045214.jpg
IMAG045118.jpg
IMAG045019.jpg
IMAG044918.jpg

RDWC system is built and got the other net in. Now I need them to grow faster than what they are |: I'll give them 2 more weeks before I flip them...

They should power on now in the RDWC :) going to be a good show, man its filling up in there hehe

This is the first time I have grown this strain. It is berry bomb. All 3 are from seed, yet one is growing retarded on me, as you can see it is budding ? The other 2 look normal...any idea? maybe the other 2 are male?

Where abouts did you buy your seeds from? flowering under veg light schedule to me says they might have messed up and sent out an Automatic, I know Bomb Seeds has Regular, Feminized and Automatic versions of the strain. I would get on to the seedbank and let them know, they may send you out a free replacement ;)

I got them from bonza, first time ordering seeds. I will not get seeds from there again. I got 6 each of hindu, northern lights x skunk #1 and berry bomb. Only 5 seeds made it and grew. 3 from the berry and 1 each of the hindu and n.l.xskunk. I'm really hoping that hindu is male. It's 100% indica and I have black diamond og(female) that is also 100% indica. I'm hoping to cross them...

Hey PTS great read. I am glad to see that you were able to bring your plants back! :bravo: They were looking very sad but bounced back thanks to your efforts. I try to read all of the DWC journals to find how everyone resolved issues they ran into. I do keep reading a lot about res temp. That seems to cause some major issues. My aqua thermometer should be in the mail today. When the time comes I will be putting frozen ice bottles in the res like you did as well. I'll be checking in to see if you did decide to spend the money on a water cooler! LOL Looks like you got light at the end of the tunnel so I'll be back to check in later.

Enjoy the weekend!

hi Faint, I did break down and got a water chiller a week ago was about $300 for a 1/10 HP. I haven't put ice block in since!
Keeping my temps around 61-65 degrees F. My new roots are staying a very nice white with no use of h2o2. I recently found out that floralicious plus adds some bennies to your water. For a while I have been killing it with the h2o2 |: I haven't had luck with running bennies, which is why I went the h2o2 path. The 2 big ones never really had problems, the third biggest in size which is still pretty damn small for the amount of time it had to grow is one I wanted to keep(glad it made it). The smallest is a clone from the biggest, I was going another plant in its spot, but the way it looked after I harvested its mom, I decided to kill it and replace it about 2 weeks ago. I'm hoping for 1 more week of veg and then flip. The biggest one, the mom stretched like a whore, big time. That is why I decided to put her under the 600 by itself, instead of under the DE 1000.

Good to see you got the root zone sorted mate, should be good from here :)
I dont know anything about the dark period before flower, i read the same thing years ago and gave my girls 36 hours of dark before flip, did not see any added benefits, last grow i just changed the light from MH to HPS and schedule from 18/6 to 12/12 overnight and they seemed to produce flowers a lot quicker, could have been strain related. To me the extended dark period is only going to stimulate stretch as all that time it will be searching for the light, probably just focusing more on the stems than building flowers, but thats just my opinion, could be completely wrong lol. I say do what you feel comfortable with, its not going to hurt them either way at the flip, its only down the track you dont want to disturb their light cycle to keep them from turning hermy ;)

I have heard from a couple of people that starting the flower cycle under metal hilade will help control the stretch. I'm going to try this with the yoda(big one on the left), I have named her Bertha. The mom of this was from seed that wasn't nearly as big and she stretched big time, like 3 feet under my 1000 watt DE hps. This one is going to be under a regular 600, right now its a 400 on turbo. My 600 watt ballast is hp only, which is why its under a 400 right now.

Just added 3 more yesterday. When I was getting them out of my cloner, I unplugged the pump and forgot to plug it back in. ): All my clones looked like shit this monring...
IMAG038826.jpg
IMAG038725.jpg
:popcorn: Am I late?:rofl:
Damn dude! I have to admire your tenacity! Secondly WELCOME to 420 Magazine!
One thing about hydro, you have to stay on top of it! One lax day can destroy an entire grow. You exhibit excellent processing skills in taking the info you received and making it work! I have a couple of questions. Sorry if you stated it previously, are you sprouting into rock wool AND are you cloning under a humidity using rock wool also? I am doing some growing in my DIY Aero/DWC set-up, Cloning in my DIY Aero bucket cloner, and I also am growing an OG Kush plant auto/fem in my DIY Aero/airstone/DWC bucket. Experimenting with HYDRO stuff I make is rewarding when it turns out like planned :cheesygrinsmiley: You need to keep temps in the nutrient reservoir down and living in the desert mandates my babies be inside instead of my outdoor utility room. It just gets too hot out there! :thedoubletake:

I have heard from a couple of people that starting the flower cycle under metal hilade will help control the stretch. I'm going to try this with the yoda(big one on the left), I have named her Bertha. The mom of this was from seed that wasn't nearly as big and she stretched big time, like 3 feet under my 1000 watt DE hps. This one is going to be under a regular 600, right now its a 400 on turbo. My 600 watt ballast is hp only, which is why its under a 400 right now.
I had both spectrums going at the same time in my bloom tent; the argument about doing so was that outside growers can't turn off full spectrum, so why should we indoors? I use both in the form of T-5 and 2 bloom spectrum 250w CFLs. The HPS and the MH lamps were eating a lot of electricity so my bill was huge. A LED panel would be a good investment for you in the future. I have one now above my OG Kush plant :cheesygrinsmiley:
pretty much on auto-pilot...
IMAG048510.jpg
ALL I CAN SAY IS :yahoo::slide::yahoo:
That is one fine looking Bonsai tree! And your scrog is gonna be filled!
Like I said before WELCOME and:goodjob:

I originally cloned with rapid rooters and clonex gel in a tray with humidity dome and heat mat. I made a DIY 35 site cloner, that I currently use now with olivia's cloning solution. Lately it's taking longer to get roots than it did when I first started. First time I used the gel and put them in, but figured why use the gel when it just gets sprayed off? Last night I have a big surprise. I had about 15 cutting that I left for dead in a solo cup of just ro water(were extras I didn't need), 1 actually rooted and I stuck it in my cloner. I cut them on March 30. I've always had trouble with my res. temps, got tired of putting frozen bottle in twice a day, so I recently got a water chiller to solve that problem for me. I'll be adding a 2nd net within the next few days...

Back
Top Bottom