My Mars Reflector 48 lighting distancing

MagicNative

I have a Mars hydro reflector 48 light. I was just reading into its recommended distancing from plants and it said @ 24"-30" im thinking.. Been about an HR since I looked and vie read tons since then. But 1) should I have it closer.. Its only a led.. 2) I have also thought of purchasing 3 full spectrum desk lamps to place somewhat directed toward the middle top to lower middles so that the lower areas also get light as well and the plant doesn't have need to fight for available lighting thruout those areas.. With these can it also help later on with yield.. And if possible what's your recommended distancing. All I found looking for about an hr and a half was your normal 18/6 24/0 lighting schedules.. I did see some say a little less than the 24"-30" recommended by my light. About 18 to 20 I think.. Another guy even said something like 6" throughout veg.. Let me know im less than 2 weeks from the starting of this garden.. Check out my other question about mg mother hydro set up let me know if u have any good info I should know besides the obvious.. Definitely willing to learn guys..

You are better off staring with the light a little too high than too low. You can always move it down if you think the plants are stretching. They'll be fine in the mean time. I wouldn't put it close when they are seedlings. I'd start at about 24". You probably can go down to about 18". The coverage is going to suffer a little. I'd say the MH 48 is good for a single plant and about 12" x 12" coverage in bloom / a little more in veg. I've used a couple of MH 300's so I'm basing this on my experiences with them.

As to the desk lamps, what kind of light do they use? LED? CFL?

I believe they are led's as well I have to keep they bill down as much as possible so im hoping the led's will be the best bet and longest lasting.. Later on i can always add on or update if situations change or if I end up with a larger and better area to use for the garden.. It was mainly the full spectrum part that I was after with them and the fact that they are led's "fingers-crossed".. Im planning on mainlining and from what I do know of the strain its going to become a huge plant so im hoping that with those and my Mars 48 I can give this baby everything she's going to want and need without over powering her.. I mentioned the idea for my mother set up in another post as well.. Ive been reading and reading and reading again to try and retain everything but I could always use the help.. I think im getting myself as worked up and worrued as I am anxious and excited....

I concur with Major. Again, i also am basing this on using 2 of the old 300s. Start em at about 24" for seedlings (keeping an eye out for stretching) and gradually drop them. I dont go lower than 10-12 inches so my footprint doesn't get to small, but i have had tops grow to within about 6" with no stress or bleaching. They have 5w leds. Not familiar with the model you have tho so take this with a grain of salt. I'm just telling what i have experienced.

Ya im thinking the Mars 48 has 5w leds in them as well.. Once Ive positioned it do i let it grow into the light.?. How'd yours get to 6" I guess is what im asking. And is it ok to let it do this.. Or should I maintain the 24" distance as much as I can

My old tent was only 5' tall and with the lights and filter i ran short of space. Thats how i got to 6". Now i have another foot of room and i switched light hangers so i generally start them at 24" and let the plants grow up to them til their about 12-18" or so away in veg. In flower i keep them around 10-12" away. The last week or so i will drop them down to about 8". I think the intensity helps coax a little more trich production but that may be in my head. I do have to turn the plants once or twice a day at this distance because it shrinks my footprint.

Ya im thinking the Mars 48 has 5w leds in them as well.. Once Ive positioned it do i let it grow into the light.?. How'd yours get to 6" I guess is what im asking. And is it ok to let it do this.. Or should I maintain the 24" distance as much as I can

I let the plants grow up to the light as they get bigger and tougher - to a point. I still keep the lights at least 16" away no matter what.
You have to watch the plants. They will tell you if they are too far away or too close. Err on the side of a little too far, if unsure.

Thanx.. Hey do you have any preference to light and heat reflections.. Not necessarily as much on the heat unless you account for holding in heat better with less use eclectically to sustain it.. Right now im sealing all my joints in the room along sheet rock corners, nail holes, and anything else that may need it with a silicon caulk.. Also hoping this will help snaring the smell later on. I couldn't find the recommended smoke proof rated types but hopefully this will help.. As well Ive lined all the walls with aluminum foil to reflect light and heat.. I will say Ive heard large quantities of equipment puts of a signal that sometimes is linked to interference with some, often local, A.M. radio stations.. Pretty sure cheaper closet set ups might not register but my small closet set ups turned mostly to a first start to get the few strains I tend to mother. Afterwards I tend on having a 20 plant grow tent full out system filters RO water filters.. The works.. Idk the later parts will take time the current I want to be concealed and stay that way for as long as possible. And what im worried about most is even smells like the neighbor smoking cigarettes leaks thru so I need advice to get things under control. At least for my new closet set up.

For light, Panda film is supposed to be excellent. The cheap, easy, effective option is washable flat white paint. It works better than foil, mylar, mirrors, etc.

Hey do u guys know how to set up a journal, or fill out your personal info, & can you add like videos or anything.. That way I can add like videos of all the different strains im doing through their growth.. Tried to figure some of these out today with no luck

Hey do u guys know how to set up a journal, or fill out your personal info, & can you add like videos or anything.. That way I can add like videos of all the different strains im doing through their growth.. Tried to figure some of these out today with no luck

It varies a little depending on whether you use a computer or mobile device.
Go to the top of the page: Grow Room > Grow Journals > Journals in Progress > Forum Tools (near top of page) > Post a New Thread.

HOW TO MAKE A GROW JOURNAL
HOW TO UPLOAD AND POST PHOTOS

Looking to get a good 600-1000 watt led any recommendations I have a 300 watt now And ant a bigger room I wanna do 3-4 plants

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Looking to get a good 600-1000 watt led any recommendations I have a 300 watt now And ant a bigger room I wanna do 3-4 plants

I just have my Mars Hydro Reflector 48.. For my room im thinking of getting one more.. 3 Lesko full spectrum desk lamps from Walmart. These are like 24 bucks a piece.
A larger Mars LED its a Mars Hydro LED Grow Light Reflector 144 294w ($385) on a 6ft 10 rpm railtrack. These are all leds so they aren't as strong that why I have the full spectrum's as well.. The full spectrum's put out the full spectrum yes but they are still basically a white colored light which means they are stronger in a blue/white spectrum.. And from what I hear blue spec for the veg and bloom, but a bloom also likes the red spectrum as well simulating the later season / colder seasons when the plant automatically would have been going into this stage.. Which is why they flower and prepare to mate and then die producing offspring or ending up sensimillia.. But don't quote me 100 percent on everything their.. Ive just read non stop for months now and that just sounds lime what I think I read.. Lmao

Can't guarantee the lighting I have is the best either tho.. I know it has a veg and flower switch on them though so all you do when its time to switch supposedly is to flip it and your set for 12/12

Since you already have a 300 LED, I'd get more and add to what you have. Is your light really 300W, or is it the typical 135W draw?
I like multiple lights because they give you more flexibility in coverage, height adjustment, and redundancy if one should die on you.

Back
Top Bottom