My new grow space

Chemdog, got it in my notes now......not sure of that's a hint to me, but I'll take it lol. Is that Reefermams genetics?

Tonight I spent the night bending and supercropping a couple of girls in veg.
So my 1st round of girls, (my Crown Royal, both White cookies and Alpha dawg), I LSTd them even 5-6 days into flower. They were all vegged for 40-45 days. They're all budding nicely, but are all very short and fat in stature.....id like to grow something a little taller. These girls are on day 50, 2 weeks (+/-) til i start thinking flush.
Sooooo next I tried on round 2 to let the girls go "au natural" and basically topped 4-5 times and that was the extent of my training, presently I have these 6 girls in flower on day 21, and they are of varying heights.
Soooo lol through experimentation has led me to my "preffered" method I believe (well see), for round 3. This round will contain my 3 Barneys Farm Peyote Cookies and 3 Canuk White Rhino (my last seeds for a bit)(I think, lol) that will have been topped as much as possible for 3 weeks, repotted to my 4 gallon air pots at 14 days into veg and been trained in LST, just not as heavily as I have in the past. Those seeds will lead me into my 1st set of ATFs in LOS around the beginning of May (+/-) . Haven't done much ATF yet, but I do have my mother of all of my clones quietly in flower too, where she has been for 3 weeks. Definitely noticing the continuation of the buds fattening in flower. Id like to think that the Bat Guano 0-4-0 is helping with that, along with DNF bloom fortifier from week 3 on.
My cloning tent is continuing to kick ass......did I ask if anyone needs clones locally, lol? I think I may see the start of roots on my questionable ATFs clone.....leading to gender confirmation on my 2nd ATF. If she's a girl, then she's gonna be a beast!
Veg has a lot of its real estate taken up my my undecided ATF, but it's also unexpectedly turned into quite the " SoG", lol......what a pretty site, especially knowing that transplants are over and that they've got another 10 days to just "GROW", before flip, and that they're stress free.

I think that's it for tonight all, thanks for the great discussion on genetics. I always listen and read in earnest when experience comes knocking.......
Goodnight 420!!!......

Yeah I know Mr Van stank and Ms Van Stank I'm following there new grow! But I didn't know about the "back pain" story, that's just amazing man, I wish the same to you!

for my first real grow back in home I will be doing a soil grow adding nuts(bc of the urge I have to start a new grow) but for my second grow I will deff follow your and Mr stank foot steps in Live Organic Soil!

Sadly my father have a lot of hereditary sickness as (sorry if I miss spell this) gout, arthritis and diabetes and he is 1000%(not 100% literally 1000% against Cannabis) and I wish I could make him understand what it could change for him. I'm keeping hopes up that I took my mothers side genetics and I will not have this problems I'm 27 and still nothing yet but we never know. I researched a lot lately to find stains to help out my father and I found really good one (lab tested) for arthritis and gout but no matter how I talk to him about it he just say "If you don't stop talking about it I will stop talking to you deff" so yeah...

But so far everything is looking good for you man, makes me happy to see that, I havn't looked up all the new update after this post but after finish this post expect some more post from me hahahah

Good luck man and I send you and all the family good and positive energy!
Definitely @Van Stank who "literally" got me started on the advantages of targeting a strain for an ailment. I used to just think......Ahhhhhh.....pot is pot lol. When he described the wave that came over him after hitting the ATF.......well let's just say that I'm about 7 weeks from that feeling lol. Take care of your back man......seriously!!!
I think a lot of peoples perspectives have been permanently tainted by the bullshit that that have been fed about marijuana for the past 50 yrs. I mean even Cheech and Chong, as hilarious as they were all capitalized on the "stoner society" envelope that the gov't had a part in creating through propaganda etc..... I mean who acts like that.....really lmao.
Thanks for your thoughts about my friend too @leftout420. You have all been an amazing help to me getting through the passing of my friend.....thank you all.

Chemdog, got it in my notes now......not sure of that's a hint to me, but I'll take it lol. Is that Reefermams genetics?

Tonight I spent the night bending and supercropping a couple of girls in veg.
So my 1st round of girls, (my Crown Royal, both White cookies and Alpha dawg), I LSTd them even 5-6 days into flower. They were all vegged for 40-45 days. They're all budding nicely, but are all very short and fat in stature.....id like to grow something a little taller. These girls are on day 50, 2 weeks (+/-) til i start thinking flush.
Sooooo next I tried on round 2 to let the girls go "au natural" and basically topped 4-5 times and that was the extent of my training, presently I have these 6 girls in flower on day 21, and they are of varying heights.
Soooo lol through experimentation has led me to my "preffered" method I believe (well see), for round 3. This round will contain my 3 Barneys Farm Peyote Cookies and 3 Canuk White Rhino (my last seeds for a bit)(I think, lol) that will have been topped as much as possible for 3 weeks, repotted to my 4 gallon air pots at 14 days into veg and been trained in LST, just not as heavily as I have in the past. Those seeds will lead me into my 1st set of ATFs in LOS around the beginning of May (+/-) . Haven't done much ATF yet, but I do have my mother of all of my clones quietly in flower too, where she has been for 3 weeks. Definitely noticing the continuation of the buds fattening in flower. Id like to think that the Bat Guano 0-4-0 is helping with that, along with DNF bloom fortifier from week 3 on.
My cloning tent is continuing to kick ass......did I ask if anyone needs clones locally, lol? I think I may see the start of roots on my questionable ATFs clone.....leading to gender confirmation on my 2nd ATF. If she's a girl, then she's gonna be a beast!
Veg has a lot of its real estate taken up my my undecided ATF, but it's also unexpectedly turned into quite the " SoG", lol......what a pretty site, especially knowing that transplants are over and that they've got another 10 days to just "GROW", before flip, and that they're stress free.

I think that's it for tonight all, thanks for the great discussion on genetics. I always listen and read in earnest when experience comes knocking.......
Goodnight 420!!!......

The more strains you grow the more plant types you will find. How they react to training has a lot to do with the genetic info they have. That basic info will help you decide what kind of training you want to do. Now that people are expressing their bondage fetishes in new grow techniques everything has changed LOL.

Kinda caught up now and I gotta say... Damn, Mr. Cavallero, you have your hands full! Will you be hiring soon? 'Cuz you're going to need some extra hands to keep on top of it all!

I hate saying it........buttttt.....
The grow area is on Cruise control presently. Yesterday I checked out my Crown Royal in DWC and she seems to be making a pretty good turn around. Her PPM levels were in the 450 range, so I replaced her water after her weeks bath in the subtle solution and put her back into the 800 ppm slot. Seems like I need to burn the shit out of at least one of my girls leave each time around, as a reminder for something... I just forget what it is right now. It wasn't so much leaf burn, as it was lack of calcium I believe. My high PPM numbers caused nutrient lockout before I noticed. Luckily I realized how susceptible these girls can be in early veg, so I was watching her pretty closely, just not close enough. Here's a large fan off one of my White Rhinos......beautys!

My clones continue to shine......not sure what I'm going to do with all these extras LMAO. But right around the corner, I should be cloning my two in veg (Peyote cookies and White Rhino) to ensure future clutter issues.
FLOWER.. ...whoah.....nice aroma dude! When they first started to flower well, I used to have to touch the girls to be able to smell them, now all I have to do is walk into the room and the girls overpower you (mind out of the gutter, lol). My ATF is in fullstretch mode, I pinned her down a bit to keep her under control. My Blueberry and one of my CBDurbans are really taking off. Funny how their are 2 very different phenos of the CBDurban, one tall and 1 much more compact.
So here we are at Day 50 of flower. I will soon have 1 full grow done in here. I will continue to tweak my results as I move along. I can see that my soil girls aren't huge. All due to length of vegetative cycle. My younger girls in flower are definitely holding their own and are likely twice the size of my girls that are almost ready to be harvested. Definitely learning on a larger scale as I go along here.....taking some advice from you guys, but more than snything, getting my hands dirty and learning from my triumphs and mistakes. Like remembering to not mix up feed buckets in flower for my 50 day olds, versus my 22-day old girls. Don't want to be giving my girls that are about to be flushed any PK 13/14 ......Heres my Alpha Dawg flower as of yesterday (some of her flowers have bleached spots due to their proximity to the LED)......shes lookin' lovely!!

Speaking of nutrients..... I checked the temperature in my Stank soil yesterday and it has come down to three degrees above room temperature at 76 F. I had heard from another member (maybe @GodOfPot ) that it's finished cooking when temperatures level off and everything is functioning as a sustainable environment.
@Van Stank, you had mentioned before about a small reusable tea bag that you put your kelp meal and your EWC into when you're brewing a tea. First of all, how long do you brew for (24hrs)?, do you use the entire pale at once on purpose so that it doesn't go bad and where did you get that t-bag from? Something available at the hydro store possibly?

I spoke to my partner yesterday and my friend @Peeece and I are going to take a road trip from Ontario to NB on the east coast to meet in person @flytier. This should be happening early to mid April, just in time for a NB trout season opening day! @Van Stank , hope you can make it too brother!?

I think that's all for now, you guys have an amazing weekend....... I love Saturday's cuz I get to spend a few hours in the room with the girls ..... wait, I think I do that everyday now LOL.

Thanks Penny.....from the "master", that means a lot. How long have you been growing for anyway?
I figure if I spend two or three hours in there every day for a week and don't wash my hands I should be able to make enough hand-rubbed charras to fill my bong at least once a week LMAO......look at those fingertips, just from a minor 21 day old defoliation.

I'm collecting already lol.
Much easier inside eh?

Safer, I live in a large metro area so would have to travel a good distance to suitable areas for outdoor growing. I’ll try a couple of guerilla grows close this year and hope no one finds them.

Guy... the height at which you hold the BAR for grow efforts is getting staggering... look at how healthy that leaf is, and how plump that sugar coated Nug is!!

I can't wait to see the shit you are going to churn out of that Grow Castle once you adapt the LOS!! Its gonna be crazy!!

:popcorn: :Namaste:

I hate saying it........buttttt.....

Speaking of nutrients..... I checked the temperature in my Stank soil yesterday and it has come down to three degrees above room temperature at 76 F. I had heard from another member (maybe @GodOfPot ) that it's finished cooking when temperatures level off and everything is functioning as a sustainable environment.
@Van Stank, you had mentioned before about a small reusable tea bag that you put your kelp meal and your EWC into when you're brewing a tea. First of all, how long do you brew for (24hrs)?, do you use the entire pale at once on purpose so that it doesn't go bad and where did you get that t-bag from? Something available at the hydro store possibly?

I spoke to my partner yesterday and my friend @Peeece and I are going to take a road trip from Ontario to NB on the east coast to meet in person @flytier. This should be happening early to mid April, just in time for a NB trout season opening day! @Van Stank , hope you can make it too brother!?

I think that's all for now, you guys have an amazing weekend....... I love Saturday's cuz I get to spend a few hours in the room with the girls ..... wait, I think I do that everyday now LOL.

I got the tea bag at my local grow store. Any grow store in your area should carry them. I recommend getting 2-3 of them so you don't have to use the same one every time. Much easier to clean if you can let it dry out after you empty it (I save the used 'tea' material and put it in my outside raised beds)

As for how long I brew my teas, I generally like to use it in the 12-36 hour range of brewing. Its a little tough for me on the perpetual because I have all different sized pots and they require different amounts of time between waterings. In the 2 gallon pots I get 2-5 days between waterings (depending on how mature the plant is). In 5 gallon pots, I get about 4-6 days between waterings. In 7 gallon pots I am getting 6-8 days between waterings and in the 10 gallon pots, I don't know yet, but I assume it will 8-10 days.

I have household plants that I use any leftover tea on. I am going to get a second air stone so I can brew bigger batches upstairs in the flower tent (that way I don't have to carry the plants up and down the stairs which can be a bitch with 7-10 gallon pots) and I can brew smaller batches for my downstairs veg tent.

I got the tea bag at my local grow store. Any grow store in your area should carry them. I recommend getting 2-3 of them so you don't have to use the same one every time. Much easier to clean if you can let it dry out after you empty it (I save the used 'tea' material and put it in my outside raised beds)

As for how long I brew my teas, I generally like to use it in the 12-36 hour range of brewing. Its a little tough for me on the perpetual because I have all different sized pots and they require different amounts of time between waterings. In the 2 gallon pots I get 2-5 days between waterings (depending on how mature the plant is). In 5 gallon pots, I get about 4-6 days between waterings. In 7 gallon pots I am getting 6-8 days between waterings and in the 10 gallon pots, I don't know yet, but I assume it will 8-10 days.

I have household plants that I use any leftover tea on. I am going to get a second air stone so I can brew bigger batches upstairs in the flower tent (that way I don't have to carry the plants up and down the stairs which can be a bitch with 7-10 gallon pots) and I can brew smaller batches for my downstairs veg tent.
Do you figure you can go through a 5 gallon pail in your girls before it turns bad? Just trying to gauge usage in the mix.

Back
Top Bottom