My new grow space

2 Thumbs up on them frosty looking buds. Good thing you still have that mother ATF. It would be another thing to consider introducing to that Betty male. I know for sure he has never met a girl like that.
Not a clue on the Critical. Maybe wet or dry spots? The last plant I had that was sick for no reason ended up having dry spots that wouldn't take up moisture. I see that one is in a pan so it isn't in a wet spot.
Thanks for the Kudos guys, my ATFs were definitely affected by heat in the beginning of flower, so I've been REAL lucky.
Hmmm.....never thought about her being crossed. How long will my male be producing pollen sacks? She was destined for flower any day now.
What do you cut the pollen with to make it go further and What kind of ratio do you guys recommend?

Can yo give me tips on the best way to cure my weed?
I always cure in jars, just the same way you do. I'm not sure what led up to you jarring everything but the way that I start it is I clip my buds off the plant and trim them all at the same time, that way I can do one branch at a time. I have two or three drying racks hanging from a loop in my flower space, that way there is maximum air circulation in the temperature will be correct for drying. Once clipped off my plant, I trim and put each bud on to my drying rack where it stays for 36 to 48 hours. I then bag everything in Ziploc bags for 24 hours to allow it to sweat out any of the leftover internal unwanted moisture. At which point I put them back on the drying racks for 24 hours. Once they've been on my drying rack for 24 hours, I placed them in jars with a 60%, 60 gram Boveda pack and I keep them there for at least 30 days ....... burping the jar every day. It's as simple as that my friend.
It will go from that characteristic hay smell, to reaching its full potential pretty much by the end of the 30 days.

If Guy doesn't mind I'll tell ya the easiest. Turkey roasting bags. Sorry Guy couldn't resist.
If you product is dry then just put it in the bags with a hygrometer to keep an eye on your moisture and start out burping twice a day for a few days then once a day for a few and so on. I like my product too be just a bit moist (in the upper 60's) after drying and I burp in my ac house at around 50% rh. This will bring in fresh air that is not as moist as the product and will bring the rh down slowly in the bags. If in the first day it's 70% or above I'll dry it a day or 2 more then start the cure again. If it's low on moisture I'll take it outside in the middle of the night to burp them as the humidity is usually about 85-90% then and will rehydrate them slowly.
The great thing about the bags is it's quick and easier to keep the moisture where you want it. Example if I'm reading 68% I will take the bag and just flap the opening 2-3 times to expel the air and replenish it with fresh air. I also will leave more air in the bag at this point to help lower my rh. Once it get to like 64% then I'll only leave enough air to cover the product because I'm not needing my rh to come down much further. Same on the other end. If I have my rh drop into the 50's I'll leave more of my humid air in there to help rehydrate.
If you have cured in jars you know you have to leave them open for 5-10 min. To breath but with the bags it takes 5-10 seconds. Just lift the opening up and down like bellows. And if your product is sticking to the jar you need to bump it around and fluff things up so it's not sticking or things can get moldy. With the bag you just roll it back and forth a few times and things just fall apart.
Hope I explained that ok if not just do a shout out or come by my journal and ask. I feel with the bags i have the most control and I had some big plants come in and didn't want to be burping 30 1/2 gal jars twice a day.
Sorry again Guy for taking over your journal.
It's all good brother, no reason to apologize and I hadn't heard about the versatility of the roasting bags other than to decarb my bud.....so Thank you! Got my thinking cap on!

M
good morning mr.G, no long time no see, I've been a bit shoddy the last cpl weeks, but hot damn those ATF are looking cracking. Sorry to hear bout the heat y'all are having I wish I could swop, winter blues this side, all funny stuff like snow and stuff.. How's your son doing as I believe a cpl days ago he clashed swords with the heat...

have a great evening..
My boys feeling better now, thanks Smeegs!
Yeah the ATF has got some yellowing going on but Van assures me shes just at the end of her life. I'm not going to struggle trying to correct leaves with 14 days left to go. Flush strats tonight on my DWC Crown Royal, mid next week for the ATFs.

My Critical is looking thin in the skin. It's not overwatering and she is continuing to grow. Environment is good, shes inches from her perfect sister.....any ideas guys? Stank organic soil , that was cooked for 60 days. I also have plenty of other girls doing fine in the same mix.....including her sister.

@Pennywise, @Van Stank, @conradino23

I always cure in jars, just the same way you do. I'm not sure what led up to you jarring everything but the way that I start it is I clip my buds off the plant and trim them all at the same time, that way I can do one branch at a time. I have two or three drying racks hanging from a loop in my flower space, that way there is maximum air circulation in the temperature will be correct for drying. Once clipped off my plant, I trim and put each bud on to my drying rack where it stays for 36 to 48 hours. I then bag everything in Ziploc bags for 24 hours to allow it to sweat out any of the leftover internal unwanted moisture. At which point I put them back on the drying racks for 24 hours. Once they've been on my drying rack for 24 hours, I placed them in jars with a 60%, 60 gram Boveda pack and I keep them there for at least 30 days ....... burping the jar every day. It's as simple as that my friend.
It will go from that characteristic hay smell, to reaching its full potential pretty much by the end of the 30 days.
I hung them for about 5 days in a warmish room until they felt dry to the touch. Also the stems were brittle.I then placed in jars for a day then into bags..Shall I leave them out on paper for a few hours too?

Never cut it with anything s
Thanks for the Kudos guys, my ATFs were definitely affected by heat in the beginning of flower, so I've been REAL lucky.
Hmmm.....never thought about her being crossed. How long will my male be producing pollen sacks? She was destined for flower any day now.
What do you cut the pollen with to make it go further and What kind of ratio do you guys recommend?

I have never cut my pollen with anything so I will let others help there. That TTB male should pump out pollen for a while more. Collected how you are and freezing it should defiantly be viable when the ATF is ready. Even if it does not continue living long enough. The thing with TTB is that it tends to just transfer good qualities. Adding crystal, size and in some case's no ceiling. So if you like your ATF, which we all know you do LMAO. It should only improve it. Nothing is guarantied as you know. The up side is defiantly worth the try. Plus it would give you some type of ATF in seed form. In the end even if the TTB doesn't make it better. There is very little chance it won't be as good.

I hung them for about 5 days in a warmish room until they felt dry to the touch. Also the stems were brittle.I then placed in jars for a day then into bags..Shall I leave them out on paper for a few hours too?
I'm a firm believer in the Bovedas. Maybe I haven't correctly cured using them but they're killer for maintaining the levels of RH that you're looking for. Maybe someone else can jump in who doesn't use them.......I'd hate to give advice and have your bud go too dry or moldy. I just tend to burp my jars for 5 minutes a day for the 1st 30 days of jarring.

Never cut it with anything s

I have never cut my pollen with anything so I will let others help there. That TTB male should pump out pollen for a while more. Collected how you are and freezing it should defiantly be viable when the ATF is ready. Even if it does not continue living long enough. The thing with TTB is that it tends to just transfer good qualities. Adding crystal, size and in some case's no ceiling. So if you like your ATF, which we all know you do LMAO. It should only improve it. Nothing is guarantied as you know. The up side is defiantly worth the try. Plus it would give you some type of ATF in seed form. In the end even if the TTB doesn't make it better. There is very little chance it won't be as good.
Alright brother, you know me.....I'm pretty game lol. At what point does the pollen get introduced, and what's your technique? Is it a 1 branch thing? How do you prevent any extra pollen from getting blown around the tent by the fan?

@Pennywise, I do have a fan in the opposite corner......holy shit dude, were you over lol? I'll try to adjust things to see how she comes along....thanks brother!

Alright brother, you know me.....I'm pretty game lol. At what point does the pollen get introduced, and what's your technique? Is it a 1 branch thing? How do you prevent any extra pollen from getting blown around the tent by the fan?

Pretty simple really. There is a slight chance of a seed here and there in the rest of the grow but I rarely find one. Pull the plant you want to pollinate out of the grow room. Some place with no wind. Cover all the plant that you don't want to pollenate. Leaving a branch or two out. Get the pollen in the parchment paper and a small paint brush. ( I like a very small square tip one.) Dip the paint brush lightly into the pollen and softly tap it over all the little budlets. It is slow going but the more time you take the better you will get it. It does not take very much per bud to get seeds. 1 piece of pollen and 1 hairs is all it takes to make one. So if you are careful and go slow you can spread a little pollen a long way. Plus with this method you don't want pollen everywhere just on the buds where it is needed. After you are done. Reverse the trash bag so it now covers the branches you pollinated. Spray the rest of the plant down real good with water. After it is done dripping. You can then remove the bag. Try not to get the pollinated buds wet while you transfer her back to the grow. You can go right in with it. Best to keep it away from direct fan movement for a day or 2. That is the reason you take you time doing the pollen. There is none left over to cause problems. I have had great results in doing this only once. Another reason I didn't get any seeds anywhere I didn't want them, less chances to screw up lol. Another reason to take the time and get it perfect the first time. If you want you can repeat this in 2 or 3 days but not longer. For more seeds and to double down in case something went wrong the first time.
You need a fair amount of hairs to work with when pollinate. I figure in flower time for when I do it. If a strain finishes in 8 weeks I would do it around week 3 or 4 or when there is enough hairs to do any good. They will need 4 to 6 weeks to finish so that has the most to do with it. The branches with seeds can be taken longer after the rest of the plant is harvested if needed. Though I have never had to do it. Most strains really take 9 to 10 weeks anyway so you can wait tell week 4 when there should be plenty of hairs. While pollinating only at one or 2 times close together and you know right when it was. If you see one nice brown seed the rest are finish too. When you do it early lots of them are hidden in the buds and may not be able to be seen. As some of us long time smokers can attest you can hide a f*#k ton of seeds in one bud LOL. Hope that helps

Pretty simple really. There is a slight chance of a seed here and there in the rest of the grow but I rarely find one. Pull the plant you want to pollinate out of the grow room. Some place with no wind. Cover all the plant that you don't want to pollenate. Leaving a branch or two out. Get the pollen in the parchment paper and a small paint brush. ( I like a very small square tip one.) Dip the paint brush lightly into the pollen and softly tap it over all the little budlets. It is slow going but the more time you take the better you will get it. It does not take very much per bud to get seeds. 1 piece of pollen and 1 hairs is all it takes to make one. So if you are careful and go slow you can spread a little pollen a long way. Plus with this method you don't want pollen everywhere just on the buds where it is needed. After you are done. Reverse the trash bag so it now covers the branches you pollinated. Spray the rest of the plant down real good with water. After it is done dripping. You can then remove the bag. Try not to get the pollinated buds wet while you transfer her back to the grow. You can go right in with it. Best to keep it away from direct fan movement for a day or 2. That is the reason you take you time doing the pollen. There is none left over to cause problems. I have had great results in doing this only once. Another reason I didn't get any seeds anywhere I didn't want them, less chances to screw up lol. Another reason to take the time and get it perfect the first time. If you want you can repeat this in 2 or 3 days but not longer. For more seeds and to double down in case something went wrong the first time.
You need a fair amount of hairs to work with when pollinate. I figure in flower time for when I do it. If a strain finishes in 8 weeks I would do it around week 3 or 4 or when there is enough hairs to do any good. They will need 4 to 6 weeks to finish so that has the most to do with it. The branches with seeds can be taken longer after the rest of the plant is harvested if needed. Though I have never had to do it. Most strains really take 9 to 10 weeks anyway so you can wait tell week 4 when there should be plenty of hairs. While pollinating only at one or 2 times close together and you know right when it was. If you see one nice brown seed the rest are finish too. When you do it early lots of them are hidden in the buds and may not be able to be seen. As some of us long time smokers can attest you can hide a f*#k ton of seeds in one bud LOL. Hope that helps
Nice job Guy and thanks. Screenshot

I'm a firm believer in the Bovedas. Maybe I haven't correctly cured using them but they're killer for maintaining the levels of RH that you're looking for. Maybe someone else can jump in who doesn't use them.......I'd hate to give advice and have your bud go too dry or moldy. I just tend to burp my jars for 5 minutes a day for the 1st 30 days of jarring.

Boveda's for the win. When I trim the buds off the stems and put them into jars for curing, Boveda's 62 or 58 % go into the jars also. Then as you say begin the burping process, I do not have set amount of days that I burp them, just get them to the feel that I am looking for.

There`s no chance of mould now,guy,they`re completely dry .Kept in bags 24 hrs,then back in the jars. Will this chlorophyl evaporate this way? Bit of hit and miss when it comes to curing

Back
Top Bottom