My New Grow - White Widow x Big Bud Under 450 Watt LED Experiment

r249124

Hi every one

Been smoking weed for years on an off n now finally started growing at 42

I have a small tent and I thought I'd try out a 450W led light with veg as bloom lighting options.

I'm using a small grow tent less than a metre by meter and a 17 litre pot and using soil.

My house is warm so this is how it unfolded on day 9 today

X2 seeds placed in cubes both sprouted so left them the first week in a incubater and transferred them into the potted soil.

Since yesterday day 8 I've had them in soil and I've just invested in the following

Lighting control unit with build I timer
Temperature thermostats control unit with same clip on fan .

The temps
Ok without the heating on my flat it's 90f and off it was down to 85f this morning lights on all night so I want to reside the temp slightly !

So with the controlled fan and thermostats I should be able to get the temp just right no problem I thick about 80 degrees F is okay !? Thoughts anyone

So my set up consists of

Grow light 450 watt build infan and 2 switches veg and bloom I have both lights on together currently 18 on 6 off !

Not sure if you just have the one switch veg light only I think both is needed due to less power output

Small tent less then 1 meter X1 meter

Extraction fan and filter taking out all the hot air
I take my water n put it in a bucket n leave it for the chlorine to go away on it's over a period of days

Nutrients I'm going to use are ?
Samurai hydrobloom A and B

Day 1 to 9
Seeds sprouted and both in 17 lire pot in compost and currently just water as food in the soil already

Advice on watering please as it's 85-90f in there so for thermostat temp control n fan coming to reduce a bit

Thanks all

Hi mate , sounds like your off to a good start , i too am new to indoor tent style grows , have grown outdoor with no problems but inside is a whole new ball game , been battling high temps and over-watering here , my best advice is to get a Gardman Moisture Guard, it is a little conductivity probe that lets you know when its time to water , has little led light color indicators , blue , green ,yellow , red , blue is over-water, green normal , yellow time to water , red ,water now , cost about 10 dollars and works well the probe goes anywhere from 1 to 8 cm into the soil , it works just fine and cured all my over-watering problems , i keep a dry sand pot in the tent as well as to basically calibrate , ensure to probes working it always comes up red , so i know the probe is on its game at all time regards Didgerman Dingo Grow ,

Hi mate , sounds like your off to a good start , i too am new to indoor tent style grows , have grown outdoor with no problems but inside is a whole new ball game , been battling high temps and over-watering here , my best advice is to get a Gardman Moisture Guard, it is a little conductivity probe that lets you know when its time to water , has little led light color indicators , blue , green ,yellow , red , blue is over-water, green normal , yellow time to water , red ,water now , cost about 10 dollars and works well the probe goes anywhere from 1 to 8 cm into the soil , it works just fine and cured all my over-watering problems , i keep a dry sand pot in the tent as well as to basically calibrate , ensure to probes working it always comes up red , so i know the probe is on its game at all time regards Didgerman Dingo Grow ,

Hi

Yeah day 16 now all doing great I'll post some pics

Does anyone now about the led lights with veg and bloom switches ? I have them both on always 18 on 6 off

Best the bloom and veg led light !

Is this correct ? What about flowering keep it the same m them 12/12 autos anyway was just wondering on the lift force to provide they seem to love both the lights together .

I've also invested in a fan n thermostat clip on and a light digital control. Unit

My temps have gone from 61f to 88 and90 f but managed to get control now

61-81 f ranges but a monitor it n keep it

63f-70f lights off
Lights on 73-79

Try keep it 73-78-9 sometimes goes to 81 fn address it

I manage water well let them recover I don't over water

He usury ranges have been
34% to 50s to about 74%

Day 16 stare on the 4th il add 2 pics now

Thanks for the advice

You won't need to change the lighting but if your plants are loving it I wouldn't change the plants will let you know and for the switchs I have mine on veg for first 2/3 weeks then change to both switchs on

420-magazine-mobile1769322720.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1100453395.jpg
420-magazine-mobile930828149.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1603664212.jpg

4.5 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Nice plant mate , veg is for vegging and bloom for flowering but in most the clips i see they use both veg and bloom when flowering and claim to get more bulk in the flower , you really are lucky , your grow is going far better than mine , heat , ph , over-watered and have had to veg for 2 months here had to open tent , have had both white fly, and spider-mite bad, i have sprayed with a natrasoap pest spray, from Yates , Natures way , 15ml/1ltr, seems to have worked , i am using House and Garden CoCo nutes which are working my plants are about the same size as the one you showed , but veg for another 12 days yet, i am dreading the flip to 12/12, as i am unsure how many boys i will get , my exhaust fan is quite , but does not pull enough air through my tent to cool it , added a air cooler water type , and went to a very gentle fan on my plants they seem to like it , what does your manufacturer recommend for your light , i am going to check with mars on mine regarding flowering / veg at the same time , i am sure more light is good and adding the red is good for flowers , nice pics nn thanks for the reply,Didgerman , Dingo Grow.

Built in fans on the light viperspectra 450

Only had slight yellow tips top of leaves just a few so flushed with fresh water 2 litres.

Temps fine I have the tent open also I'm putting the lights in m now 21/3 autoflower mine so you can keep it 24hr if you like .

Next grow 8 planes under two 450s

Is it ok to prune ? I've taken a few leaves off as not to block the bud and feel the energy will go into the rest of the plant !?

Given 2 litres of water yesterday no nutes flushing due to slight yellow tip on some.

Temps 77f
Humidity 41%
Keeping lights on 21/3 off

Okay to prune this or not ?

420-magazine-mobile1020294268.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1373503425.jpg
420-magazine-mobile354478243.jpg

"i am sure more light is good and adding the red is good for flowers ,"

Red light is good for stretch. I have a rogue Kushy Bag-weed growing in a pot at the front left of my 3x3 due to overcrowding. It lives just outside the footprint of the LED and is bathed in red light. It has grown 60% taller than plants under full light, and full spectrum of both veg and bloom light configurations. But its poor larfy buds are less than 1/4 size of the White Widows. So is the red-light lady growing like this due to red light, genetics or both?
Happy Growing.:volcano-smiley:

You didn't remove much so not a problem. A lot of growers defol at week three for same reason, to make sure all buds get light. I don't know if the timing is for bud set or stretch or how much it matters. I do it a little at a time throughout flower, just slight adjustments really.

You can also bend leaves out of the way so it doesn't block light but still feeds plant. That way the plant can draw nutrients back from leaf even if leaf isn't producing energy.

420-magazine-mobile739288188.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1816011344.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1081461467.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1501629590.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1996733749.jpg

I did some pruning of the black leaves.
Also 2 litres of fresh water and a day later 2 litres nutes strength water.

This is week 5 from Seed . not sure if you should prune autoflowering because they go by time n not light ? Any suggestions ?

Please

Starting 8 more in a week NICE selection

420-magazine-mobile787563707.jpg

A few days before 8 weeks from seed 2 weeks left just given 6 litres of nutes n flower booster then the day after 2 litres of fresh.

Now flushing over the next 2 weeks no nutes nothing just fresh water only !

Or do you think I should ad one last flower booster with it ? Thoughts appreciated

8 weeks Friday 2 to go

420-magazine-mobile2138756629.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1432164767.jpg
420-magazine-mobile297629005.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1545231392.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1854911084.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hi devastated my first grow
!
I'm under the mental health act this is medication so I was in hospital I'd cut it own after 10 weeks the plants looked awesome n was drying out ! Shortly after I get section in hospital still am now for 2 months ! The landlord last eeek wanted access to the property so they did n found 8 dead plants the seed I had growing in pots and presume my dried out 2 plants !

I'm getting evicted I've got two months to vacate my flat I asked why ? They said the estate agent that they needed access for security reasons as a window was left open so the police were present when they went in to check the property n break the door n change the locks ! They said the police found things that's should not be there so removed them ! That's all they said !!

So I presume they would if taken my dried out x2 these plants and the 8 dead ones 2 months no electric n all my equipment I suppose !

I won't know until I check went I get home hopefully on the 2nd march

Gutted it looked so nice as as well

Back
Top Bottom