My New Room

Lemon Paradise

Just thought I'd share. I am about 4 weeks into flower for 1 plant,,, Soniq said it was addicting..lol

So, I am already restless and finally convinced the wife to let me build a small room in the basement

I am building a 8 x 8 room, and will put in a 2 x 3 cabinet for veg later

the basement is dirty, musty, wet, and dirt floor, so I got alot to do to work with it.

I sprayed all the walls down with bleach and then put up 6 mil plastic.
I put 2 8x6 blue tarps on the floor, overlapping about 2 feet, and foung up the wall about 1 1/2 feet. Then put down 6 mil plastic over that, and used pressure treaded 2x4 for the floor framing. the plastic on the walls and ceiling all overlap about 1 1/2 feet on all sides to keep all the nastiness from the basement walls from getting in.

Last weekend I put up the plastic and started framing. This weekend I finished the framing, roughed in some wiring, and starting to drywall. I will get some pics up ffrom this weekend,,, but here are some pics of last weekends progress...

Pic of the wall
IMG304.jpg

plastic going up on the walls, and floor

IMG307.jpg

IMG306.jpg

old wall I tore down

IMG305.jpg

and the start of framing

IMG311.jpg

IMG310.jpg

IMG309.jpg

IMG308.jpg

and I took some more pics from this morning, showing sheetrock up on the ceiling, back 2 walls, and 1/2 of one outside wall. I got 2 lines run for electrical. there are 2 lines right next to the room, to the 1st and 2nd floor bathroom outlets. both 20 amp circuits.
I am going to tap them, and bring one to each outlet in the room, so should be able to use 15amps from each,, more than enough to run what I plan on running.

IMG331.jpg

IMG332.jpg

IMG330.jpg

IMG329.jpg

IMG328.jpg

IMG327.jpg

this is an abandoned attempt at a stealth cab,, the wife decided to let me move into the basement to get me out of the bedroom...

IMG335.jpg

IMG336.jpg

little more work this weekend...

got a new veg cab,, 2 x 3 x 5...
IMG362.jpg

IMG363.jpg

finishing up the sheetrock
IMG351.jpg

IMG352.jpg

first coat of mud

IMG358.jpg

IMG359.jpg

electrical outlet

IMG361.jpg

I plan on running a 2 inch PVC to the bedroom above this room, to supply fresh air.
I got a 4 inch dryer vent kit, and will be puting that in the wall soon for the exhaust.

I plan on getting a 6 inch inline fan and making a carbon filter, and then to a reducer to get it to connecto to the 4 inch exhaust..

this week I should be able to put second coat of mud, install the door, and paint...

hopefullt it will be ready for the weekend.

That's a serious room you got going on there. I'm looking forward to seeing it progress. Careful with the hair dryer action in the bathroom when things are fired up. Good Luck with it and I'll be watching. :goodluck:

That's a serious room you got going on there. I'm looking forward to seeing it progress. Careful with the hair dryer action in the bathroom when things are fired up. Good Luck with it and I'll be watching. :goodluck:

thanks for looking. I hear ya with the hair dryer thing,, (got a wife AND a teen daughter in the house) got a teen son too, but I don't think he even washes his hair... plan on turning lights on after they get done in the morning...

the plan is to get the plants started in veg cab, with the one shelf in it, top part will be nursery and small babies, then bottom will be the larger veg plants, putting 2 into flower every 2 weeks.

that way eventually I wil be able to harvest 2 plants every 2 weeks, for me and a friend that is doing this with me.

almost done...

a little update

second coat of mud is on, vents are in, door is in.
IMG372.jpg

2"pvc for fresh air, other end is in bedroom upstairs
IMG373.jpg

dryer vent was cheaper, quicker, and easier.. (I was going to run pvc to the sewer,, but nah... get stoned instead
IMG374.jpg

IMG375.jpg

IMG376.jpg

IMG377.jpg

veg cab, going to put 3 80mm fans at the top for exhaust, two open 3" vents for intake (will setup some sort of light trap) I also plan on setting up the 120mm inside blowing on the lights to help them keep cool,
IMG378.jpg

IMG379.jpg

IMG381.jpg

thanks for looking:peace:

It's blatantly obvious that you have swung a hammer or two before. Nice work HZ!

thanks.. I try to avoid any kind of physical labor when I can.. :) that's why I am in IT now.. hehe

but in my teens, I was definately a Jack of all trades (master of none)...

it's funny though, what a little attention to detail will allow you to do, :thanks:

would give you reps, but it says I goota spread it around first..lol

thanks.. I try to avoid any kind of physical labor when I can.. :) that's why I am in IT now.. hehe

but in my teens, I was definately a Jack of all trades (master of none)...

it's funny though, what a little attention to detail will allow you to do, :thanks:

would give you reps, but it says I goota spread it around first..lol

You might be a cube rat now, but you got sawdust in your veins.....

update....

well I went to the store and got me a 600w lumatek ballast, elcheapo relector, and a 600w ushio hilux gro hps bulb. also got a 435 cfm fan (wow,, this thing is big..lol)

the fan is something I NEVER would have thought about, if it had not been for the fact that I have lurked here for a few months before joining. All of the helpful posts on here talking about the importance of ventilation.. just never thought of it before, so that is just one way that this board has helped me get this room setup...

also, was bale to paint, got some power supplies wired up for the veg cab, and got light traps started on the cab. Tonight, I should be able to finish up,, or tomoroow at the latest...

now for some pics... (I know not as good as bud pron,, but think of this as a prelude to the pron,, sorta like foreplay) :)

I had all this extra drywall... what to do..
IMG399.jpg

I know.. make a light trap.. I do not need stealth,, cause if anyone is in the room looking at the cab.. then I got other problems already.. :) I cut some down to 2 inch wide strips,,, each "wall" is 4 pieces of drywall deep..

veg cab.. exhaust.. used tape to map out where I will build out
IMG403.jpg

IMG404.jpg

IMG413.jpg

IMG414.jpg

intake
IMG400.jpg

IMG410.jpg

IMG412.jpg

IMG411.jpg

fresh paint...
IMG406.jpg

IMG397.jpg

IMG394.jpg

IMG393.jpg

for the fans inside the veg cab..

I plan on using 3 80mm fans for exhaust, they are all 12v fans..
I also plan on using 1 80mm and 1 120mm fan on each light
I am using 3 dc power supplies, 1 is 12v (5W) the other 2 are 9v (7W)
the fans are all 0.15 amp, 80mm are 1.45w and I think the 120's are 2watts

I cut the power leads off of a 250w computer power supply, I also used some old 486 cpu heatsinks, and cut off the male ends. I only need the yellow and black wires, and wire them up. the 12v gets 3 connectors total, to run the exhaust at full speed.

the 2 9v get two fans each, one will blow on the ballast part of the light, the other will blow on the lightbuld itself... just trying to keep heat down. the 3 exhaust are rated for 25+ cfm, and it is a 2x3x5 cab, so I should get just under 3 air changes a minute...

IMG382.jpg

IMG387.jpg

IMG384.jpg

IMG386.jpg

IMG388.jpg

It looks like you've got the ventilation covered, what will you use for breeze on the plants.

woot (add the http and .com to it) today has two tornado fans for 15 bucks.. I got a few corp cube farm fans that I am using now in my small closet... I will use them for now.. maybe get a bigger oscillating wall mounted one later on..

as for in the veg cab, I think I am going to direct the 120mm fan at the buld for cooling, and the 80mm fan on the plants...

ty bro i finally understand a ligth trap never needed one thats the box wit the black paint looks like i whill also hel move air in or out like that kinda like a maze if im not wrong

my bad thats what it is but it looks the way u did it can increase air movment

ty bro i finally understand a ligth trap never needed one thats the box wit the black paint looks like i whill also hel move air in or out like that kinda like a maze if im not wrong

right,, kinda like a maze...

I think I kinda over did the exhaust,, (and actually cut down the last length by half,, only needed the final bend to block it I think..

I will have to take pics once done, with the light on inside. to see if any leaks..

Back
Top Bottom