My newest Project I call her The Cracker

beauties,, wow. I can only imagine how that must smell. I gotta get me one of those, or a couple:high-five:

Well folks at this point The Cracker as I called her in the interim is not what I thought it was going to be, Granted still a nice frosty sticky Knarly Pheno that I am sure anyone would love to smoke. I am still using her for the medicine but just not breeding, I have a fairly high standard of what it is that I want. She will be chopped dried and cured and given to friends. If the high is fine she may regain my approval.

so, then you must be reverse breeding of some kind,, another quest for the original strains? i like it,, and sure hope it fruits for you. nice close ups,, nothing like a nice sharp pic, ok, there are things better, but that is a nice plant. any reason for not going sativa? , which for some reason is my desire, original old school pure sativa. no idea why i want that, i just do. cheers, nice job

I love Sativas don't get me wrong, I am a sativa on a different site ;), Still have a few Jars of sativa in the medicine cabinet, 2046,
y griega, Bay 11, Still have to Run Panama Red, Silver haze, and Nanda Devi, which is the one I am hoping is Landrace IBL.

I can't wait to have a 'few jars' in my cabinet. a dream come true. and it will, cracker not what it was cracked up to be, sad,

Ya I am not sad it is part of the process, she will be good smoke, but I was hoping for the aroma profile to be more fuelly Dank than Nutty Cracker Cheesy Dank, I think I am giving up on this lineage, and turn my attention on the other cross I made, and work that one for a few generations.

Remember just because it doesn't turn out doesn't mean it is no good, still good smoke, and you can pick a few similar Phenos early on in Veg, cull all the stragglers.

The Next Pheno will be more Citrus smelling and contains some good genes. The Lineage from this cros won't need much working as things are pretty much Homozygous in the first generation.

Some close-up's, last night I was blowing up some close-up's looking at the trichs to judge the best harvest time, still looks like it should go a bit longer for a Narcotic Body buzz.

What is your opinion?

Close_up_cracker.jpg

They still look mostly clear to me. Cloudy with about 5% amber should get you what you're looking for.

Is there a guide out there that tells you what type of medicinal effect you will get depending on trichome coloring?

wow, candy, me love candy...

i tried to take a photo of some trichomes to show the amber colour,, i could not really get it to show on the pics,, i need a better camera i guess. but i did notice while looking through to loupe that the amber ones really stick out, and very pretty colour too. i don't see any amber in that pic there canal, but maybe you don't want any amber?

Is there a guide out there that tells you what type of medicinal effect you will get depending on trichome coloring?

That's a great question. From what I've read and seen over the years more amber more couch lock but I have zero personal facts to back that up. Ed Rosenthal recommends pulling once majority is cloudy. And there's roughly a 3 day prime time to pull Window.

Great info dan. Is that out of eds book? I'm in the hottub now so no book around.

I don't think it is. Although he has something similar on his blog site. I had this pic in my gallery and can't remember where I found it. I guess I spend a lot of time researching cannabis. lol

When it's your own grow, I feel that the best time to harvest is a personal thing, and changes with strain, also different parts of the plant are not always ready at the same time. Test it for yourself, harvest a few buds now, when you harvest the rest as suggested, if you can, let a plant with a few branches go a little longer and compare.

Back
Top Bottom