My NFT system

icke

Hi guys ,when my soil grow has finished im gonna start a hydro grow ,i will be using a NFT system,any advice or comments welcomed,but please dont say its crap becouse i have already bought it
222222.PNG

Running a bato bucket system, has some shared characteristics of NFT. Such as continuous drip and common reservoir. Things are going pretty good so far!

As far as advise goes, things can get a little bit tricky getting things started, making sure starting medium is not getting too soaked.

I sent Kush a PM. Hopefully he'll jump in and drop a tip or two to help. He outgrew me with his nft vs my bubble bucket in a Dark Devil grow. Although I did make 4000 seeds on that plant so I was handicapped. :biglaugh:

We are going to have a friendly challenge grow soon too. I'm going to try and beat him with some Short Stuff Seeds.

I sent Kush a PM. Hopefully he'll jump in and drop a tip or two to help. He outgrew me with his nft vs my bubble bucket in a Dark Devil grow. Although I did make 4000 seeds on that plant so I was handicapped. :biglaugh:

We are going to have a friendly challenge grow soon too. I'm going to try and beat him with some Short Stuff Seeds.

Thanks for the heads up bud:thumb:

That looks like the system my buddy was growing in until some drunken bum opened their mouth....

mix3110-51.jpg

mix3110-11.jpg

mix3110-41.jpg

mix3110-31.jpg

mix3110-21.jpg

What nutes and light are you using icke?

NFT is anything but crap.....I've had nothing but trouble with mine.....first world problems lol:laughtwo: I ended up running dwarf autos because plants kept getting to tall or getting too heavy and bending the tables.

I think it's fairly safe to say I have been lucky with a number of important environmental factors like clean water and low enough res temps though. A level floor seems to help too!

What have you got in mind for it bud? :passitleft:

those pics look fab mate.
As i said in my first post im finishing off a soil grow before i can start,im using cfl's flora nova grow cal mag,im hoping to stick to the cfl's as i want to keep the electric costs to a minimum as for the nut's i will have flora nova from my present grow but im willing to try anything if you advise on another nut.
i have a lot to learn so im pleased your here

Never tried Flora Nova but they have a feed chart for recirculating systems so I guess you are good to go. Double check for yourself they are compatible with hydro though.

Doesn't look like they are buffered nutes so you'll need to check and adjust pH. I wouldn't bother with the additives until you've got the hang of controlling pH with just base nutes though. I've been using IONIC hydro base nutes and still don't bother with the additives.

Also, I'd probably go light on the veg nutes to start with and go by what pH and TDS meters tell you than automatically increase nutes in week 2 and 3 as per the feed schedule......when the plants start making good pH swings I add more nutes but if I add too much too soon the pH might go down as the water level goes down.

sounds good to me,i will check to see if the flora nova is ok for hydro,and as for the cal mag im not sure if i will need to use it,really i was just letting you know what i already had,thanks for your advice and as i said i will check if the F Nova is ok for hydro and if not i will get the same as you use .

Back
Top Bottom