My plan for this season

AlpineGrower

Hello everyone!!

gotta say a big up to everyone on here 1st off.. you have provided a wealth of info for me. thank you.

so this season i have 5 autoflower Easyryders, 10 BugBud x WhiteWidow, and 10 Himalayan Gold. (all feminised and ordered from Herbie's, nice one dudes!!!) :thumb:
! Buy Cannabis Seeds Online - Herbies Head Shop - Updated:23/04/2011 - The UK's Largest Cannabis Seed Bank - Buy Cheap Marijuana Seeds

i'm starting just two auto's now so i can stagger my crop and get one harvest in mid June, then another to finish around the same time as the outdoor crop.
the auto's are staying on my deck outside as well as getting a little help from a 400W HPS light set up in my bathroom. they are getting around 18hrs of light at the moment. (7-ish hrs outside, then under the light they go for the night) gonna keep them on that for the whole cycle and see what happens!

as for the rest of the seed, just gonna give them the best start i can, then on they go to the grow sites. spring is in full swing so i'm keen to get my ladies big and healthy to go into the big wide world. (germing BBWW and Himalaya gold at the mo..)

any advice/ tips on how to optimize using the HPS for vegging the outdoor beauties would be greatly appreciated!

a plus!!:riskybusiness:

some pics:

100_2769.JPG

100_2777.JPG
100_2778.JPG
100_2779.JPG

a couple of pics of the outside space:

a quick update:

the Easyryders are looking and smelling nicer by the day.. am quite excited about these little beauties.. hoping to get some nice smoke of them!! :goodluck:

a few of the WWBB have poked thro now so am just easing them in..
still trying to figure out how much light i'm going to give them to veg them up nicely over the next few weeks.. (any advice much apreciated!)

I'm a bit gutted none of the Himalayan Gold seeds have showed any willing to germinate so far.. had them in my tried and tested damp tissue technique for nearly a week!! so i gave up on that and soaked them for 24hrs then put them straight into potting soil to see if anything happens.. :bitingnails:

anyone know if this strain takes longer to germ?? gonna do some more reading.. :reading420magazine:

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/100_2793.JPG

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/100_2792.JPG

I'll be doing a trip to the potential sites very shortly to prep up the soil and start on my deer/ rabbit/ wild boar/ marmotte deterents.. pics to follow soon...didn't fancy it today as we have late afternoon thunderstorms at the mo and was a bit hungover from the end of season party last night!

a plus... :riskybusiness:

it was a beautiful sunny day here in the alps so i went to check on my spots where i plan to move my WWBB and Himalayan Gold babies to in a few weeks once they are strong enough and i'm sure the weather is holding.

took the dog with me for company and to not look too conspicuous. good dog!

did some work putting up some fishing wire as testers to see any animal traffic is coming through. hopefully it will help stop any beasties trying to munch on my beloved plants! also took a piss around the area. am thinking about completely fencing in the area as it's so out the way i'm pretty confident on it not being discovered.

here's some pics:

100_2799.JPG

100_2798.JPG

100_2797.JPG

100_2796.JPG

is a nice south-facing spot, gets the sun most of the day, VERY well hidden (a bit of a walk in but don't mind as it keeps me fit)
will be doing soil prep soon and will post some more pics to show you all how i'm getting on..

bought a temp/ rh thingy today for my growroom/ bathroom and a PH tester.
turns out the humidity in the bathroom is pretty much spot on! nice!!
getting a fan tomorrow..

grow my beauties GROW!!

watch this space!!

thanks quietonthe401. water not a problem at this spot, there's a stream nearby that doesn't dry up in summer months, and i'm planning on making a small dam to create a pool to collect from. considered burying a lenght of hose but don't think i'll need to. will just stash a watering can nearby instead.

good luck everyone..

keep it moist.

here's how the Easyryders are getting on:

week 3.
you can't really see the white hairs on these pics, need to borrow my mates badass digital and get some decent close-ups..

100_28042.JPG

should i worry about them starting to produce hairs or is that pretty normal??
any advice would be much appreciated!!

100_28031.JPG

100_2802.JPG

currently standing at 14cm tall.

humidity is between 50-55%

temp around 70-75 in the growroom/ bathroom.

installed a fan today to give 'em a bit of airflow in there too.

more to come soon....

1st day under the lights for everything as it's raining and cold outside:

100_28401.JPG

have the fan running over them seems to have steadied the temp. slightly too. :yahoo:

100_28392.JPG

put the remaining 3 Himalayan Gold seeds in to germ. today but not holding out much hope as none of the others have sprouted yet. :scratchinghead:
have ordered some more so hopefully will have more luck with those!!

You don't use some kind of propragation tray at all? Its pretty important I think, it was for me at least. High humidity on the seedlings with really close floros for the first 7-10 days, then if they look strong, then under the HID. But everyone's got their own style. I will be transmitting grow power to them later,(when the rates are cheaper) good luck dude.

I first grew, many moons ago, I started off with just saran wrap over the pots.
So you go from sprout to 6" pots all the time?
Could never get it done, ALWAYS had to use some kind of humidity dome.
Dont know too much about budding inside.
But I love getting them ready for outside.
Cheers
q4

this is my 1st season growing in the alps so it's a bit of a horticultural experiment.

previous years i usually put sprouts into solo cups then transplanted to bigger 6" after a few weeks. they stayed in a greenhouse for a few more weeks then moved onto the plot once they were big enough.

i've had a pretty good success rate with seeds so far (apart from the dud himalayan gold and a runt WWBB) but it's been very humid so havn't had too many problems with getting them going. (luck more than judgement methinks!) :high-five:

i decided to go straight to 6" pots this time around as i knew all would be fem's. wasn't sure if it was a good idea or not but so far so good! :thumb:

good luck everyone!! :thumb:

For me, its like you gotta keep them on the edge. Keep them wanting more.
Even my seeds I start in prop trays, then beercups then the 6". give the rots a roll back and forth to loosen them up every move, I lose very few, if any.
My first year with fems also, I expected these super seeds. lol Nope the're just seeds! lol
Fucked up my sched. big time. Live and learn. Now to land on my feet!!!

Looking good Alpine..I have only released 4 of my girls to the wild....and I think it was a week to soon...cold and rain all week except today...sunny and warm..will prob. try to take another couple batches out this weekend...they are at 14-16 inches...nice pics and good luck with the grow...sorry to hear about the dud beans...hope the company helped you out a bit with that..

Looking good Alpine..I have only released 4 of my girls to the wild....and I think it was a week to soon...cold and rain all week except today...sunny and warm..will prob. try to take another couple batches out this weekend...they are at 14-16 inches...nice pics and good luck with the grow...sorry to hear about the dud beans...hope the company helped you out a bit with that..

thanks dude!!
it's been raining here too.. hmmmmmmmmmm. just in the afternoons tho.. same where you are?
how are the 4 doing you already have out? still going?
as far as the dud beans go, i seem to have deleted the email from the company and can't remeber which one it was!! :oops: oh well. lesson learned i guess. (only paid like $20 for 10 fem seeds and thought that was a bit cheap to be honest)
good luck with the weather.. it's bound to turn warm soon eh!

found another spot today after an hour hike! :phew: but well worth it... beautiful spot! (forgot to take pics tho so will get some when i go back up to dig holes and prep the soil.)

Back
Top Bottom