My plant won't flower

Hi all,

I am a first time grower and decided to grow some Juniors Jello seeds from thug pug genetics. I vegetated for about 5 weeks after germination on an 18:6 light schedule. I then switched to flowering about 4 weeks ago and began a 12:12 light cycle. (I am using a Vivosun 1000 (100W) light as well as a red flowering light I got off Amazon for some of the shorter branches). The plant doubled in size as expected during the stretch phase of flowering. After about 3 1/2 weeks, I noticed that the styles(white hairs) weren’t emerging from the preflower. From my understanding, this is a sativa dominant and sativas are sometimes stubborn, so I decided to give it a 36 hour dark period to force flowering. A few days have passed and it’s still not budding.

Nutrient wise, I used miracle grow soil so didn’t fertilize much during the veg state, but for flowering I switched to a 0.1-10-25 boom booster. The plant is healthy just not flowering yet. Suggestions?

BF551299-129F-4F50-BA9D-4ED4903345C3.jpeg

F53772BC-028C-4BF4-BE17-F21AD25E926F.jpeg

The transition from veg to bloom is not instantaneous. I have noted that from the day of the flip to 12/12, most varieties will take from 7-11 days to start actually blooming. Be patient, and it looks to me like you are right now sitting at just a few days into actual bloom, which I define as the day that instead of new green growth coming out of the growth tips, new white pistils begin to pop out and the first actual flower buttons begin to form.

Nutrient wise, I used miracle grow soil so didn’t fertilize much during the veg state, but for flowering I switched to a 0.1-10-25 boom booster. The plant is healthy just not flowering yet. Suggestions?
The plant looks sexually mature at this point so it should be ready.

You would be better off fertilizing with something intended for the flowering cycle and it should contain a small amount of Nitrogen. Bloom Boosters are usually intended for the last several weeks of the flowering stage and do not have the macro-nutrient levels needed for the first 5 to 6 weeks of flowering; nor do they have the micro-nutrients that are needed.

Are you 100% sure there is absolutely zero light during your 12 hour dark period? Light leaks through vents or zippers can confuse her. Also be wary of power strips or other electrical devices like timers that have LED lights. I would cover all of the tiny LED lights with electrical tape. I've even used black sheets over the tents to cover light leaks. I would actually go into my tent during the very start of the dark period to look for extraneous light to extinguish.

As others have said it could be a slow plant. I've had some take longer then desired to flower. The plant is looking good though so hopefully it will speed up some. This is why I always tell people that cannabis growing times should be fluid. What took person A a certain amount of time, may not translate to person B in the same time frame.

Hi all,

I am a first time grower and decided to grow some Juniors Jello seeds from thug pug genetics. I vegetated for about 5 weeks after germination on an 18:6 light schedule. I then switched to flowering about 4 weeks ago and began a 12:12 light cycle. (I am using a Vivosun 1000 (100W) light as well as a red flowering light I got off Amazon for some of the shorter branches). The plant doubled in size as expected during the stretch phase of flowering. After about 3 1/2 weeks, I noticed that the styles(white hairs) weren’t emerging from the preflower. From my understanding, this is a sativa dominant and sativas are sometimes stubborn, so I decided to give it a 36 hour dark period to force flowering. A few days have passed and it’s still not budding.

Beautiful lady my friend, hope you are well.
Welcome to 420Magazine. :welcome:
If you want to meet everyone and say hi here is a link.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Looks like it may be a male? See second picture (top right corner)

edit: I should've read the replies first. Anyway lets pretend it's not. Some other reasons could be:

x A plant can't flower before reaching maturity (if you're seeing alternating nodes, preflowers or footballs then it is)
x A mature plant can take approximately 2 weeks for pistils to show after switching light schedules (you did that)
- Apparently some stubborn sativas need 11 / 13.
- There's a light leak or the LED is emitting light even while turned off which is interfering with the dark period

But I believe you can rule out most of those and it probably is a male. 😢

I’m not an expert at shite, just a learning gardener… to me that doesn’t appear sexually mature because it was topped. However 4 weeks since flip to 12/12 should have easily done the trick.

ditto ^ everything EZCalyx said.…. Zero and we do mean zero freaking light of any form for her 12 dark period. Yup move the plant out & you crawl in…..

Switching from veg to flower is bizarre, hormones must first fully convince entire top of the plant (whatever that looks like…. an apical meristem or a whole bunch of tops on an even canopy) anywho…. must fully convince entire top of the plant that it’s in flower, then slowly hormones work their way down the stalk.

can you drop better pics of her tops?

might consider bumping to 11/13 give her an extra nudge.

Shes a gorgeous plant, great color & leaves are praying up, kudos nicely done!!!

Welcome aboard, someone will always be here. I love the handle GreenAgain

Looks like it may be a male? See second picture (top right corner)

bingo. literally the first thing noticed.
my first suspicion is with you on that. a male just doing its thing and is maybe a wk from showing big.

Makes sense now tho cause there are no hairs on lower calyx bcuz it’s a sack not a calyx huh?

it's early but that's how it works.

Hi all,

Can you please most a few pictures of the potential cola bearing sites or where the bud or flower grows, some close ups may help :thumb:

Fuzzy is getting old with the eye sight slowly dwindling & needs better quality eye candy before a decision is made !

:green_heart:

Fuzzy is getting old with the eye sight slowly dwindling & needs better quality eye candy before a decision is made !

full

detail from the op's pic

The plant looks sexually mature at this point so it should be ready.

You would be better off fertilizing with something intended for the flowering cycle and it should contain a small amount of Nitrogen. Bloom Boosters are usually intended for the last several weeks of the flowering stage and do not have the macro-nutrient levels needed for the first 5 to 6 weeks of flowering; nor do they have the micro-nutrients that are needed.
Hmm. Suggestions on brands or
bingo. literally the first thing noticed.
my first suspicion is with you on that. a male just doing its thing and is maybe a wk from showing big.
Hi, it was just a bad angle that made it look like a bulb. I’ve checked and the plant only has pointy female-like pre flowers. But they haven’t burst open yet and no white hairs

2178DEF6-93C4-465A-92BD-52A24096F3A3.jpeg

I’m not an expert at shite, just a learning gardener… to me that doesn’t appear sexually mature because it was topped. However 4 weeks since flip to 12/12 should have easily done the trick.

ditto ^ everything EZCalyx said.…. Zero and we do mean zero freaking light of any form for her 12 dark period. Yup move the plant out & you crawl in…..

Switching from veg to flower is bizarre, hormones must first fully convince entire top of the plant (whatever that looks like…. an apical meristem or a whole bunch of tops on an even canopy) anywho…. must fully convince entire top of the plant that it’s in flower, then slowly hormones work their way down the stalk.

can you drop better pics of her tops?

might consider bumping to 11/13 give her an extra nudge.

Shes a gorgeous plant, great color & leaves are praying up, kudos nicely done!!!

Welcome aboard, someone will always be here. I love the handle GreenAgain
I dropped some pics lower in the thread. I noticed there is a tiny bit of light seepage from the viewing window that is Velcro covered. I tried sealing it up and am going to cover it with a sheet at night for the next week or so to see if that helps spurt.

I’m thinking an 11/13 might be beneficial also. I’ll touch base again in a week with progress.

Thanks,
green again

Back
Top Bottom