My RDWC

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fan will keep my res. approx. 5 to 6 Degrees cooler then without. So the naysayers can stuff it. You can buy purpose set ups for aquariums, they just clip over the lip. Although they work great I had to diy mine to fit the cover of the res.
Your setup is clean. Mine is hodge podge and not very elegant.

Reactions: PK
It makes perfect sense that it would cool the water,, especially if there is a bubblier in the tank and the air going through the line is below the temp in the tank as the tiny bubbles or air are absorbing the heat as they are coming up through the water the warm air is then being removed from the top by the fan so it dosen't provide an insulating layer of warm air.
Some people just are not capable of thinking and unless they are sold and told by a company that something will do something by the printing on the box then it won't work.
I had a 6 inch round stone in my res. at one time, but I was using Z7 and it would foam up at leave a calcium like coating on everything. It was affecting my float valve so I S canned it. My chiller was $400 not to mention the energy costs which is a big deal. My fan was $20. It definitely works out

Your setup is clean. Mine is hodge podge and not very elegant.
I learned a long time ago that: We are usually our own worst critic!
The thing is your doing it, also having an interest, and lets not loose sight of one fact,,, how many can claim to have grown a 1 pound plant.

I learned a long time ago that: We are usually our own worst critic!
The thing is your doing it, also having an interest, and lets not loose sight of one fact,,, how many can claim to have grown a 1 pound plant.
Awww. You're too good to me *sniffle*

Makes no difference as to what you grow in (looks wise) don't we all strive for that one pounder at least once? For me I think growing only one maybe two would be the way to go. More room , more light distribution. I need more light period to make that happen but papa needed a new chop saw instead so that will have to wait. One makes me happy but the other makes me money,ha ha.

Makes no difference as to what you grow in (looks wise) don't we all strive for that one pounder at least once? For me I think growing only one maybe two would be the way to go. More room , more light distribution. I need more light period to make that happen but papa needed a new chop saw instead so that will have to wait. One makes me happy but the other makes me money,ha ha.
Never disregard the importance of a chop saw. Even if you're just a weekend warrior and never use it, a man needs a good saw. That reminds me... I have a table saw that needs a new home. I love it, but it's not exactly a petite flower. I use it once a year. It's one of those things... when you need it, it's cool, but I never need it. I NEED a new bandsaw. A nice Laguna would be cool. But I'd never use it. Do you see the pattern?

I had a 6 inch round stone in my res. at one time, but I was using Z7 and it would foam up at leave a calcium like coating on everything. It was affecting my float valve so I S canned it. My chiller was $400 not to mention the energy costs which is a big deal. My fan was $20. It definitely works out

I ditched the z7 as well, same problems with the foam leaving behind mineral deposits. It never really seemed to clean anything in the rez, it gets just as dirty just as fast with or without it so why waste the money eh?

I just rehomed an old table saw to my younger brother. Mine currently holds the sliding miter saw and I have to move both to use them. I need a bigger garage haha.

I ditched the z7 as well, same problems with the foam leaving behind mineral deposits. It never really seemed to clean anything in the rez, it gets just as dirty just as fast with or without it so why waste the money eh?

I just rehomed an old table saw to my younger brother. Mine currently holds the sliding miter saw and I have to move both to use them. I need a bigger garage haha.
Yeah. I completely understand

I need to put some quality time in on my garage

Boy do I know that feeling, Way too many projects on the go and no where near enough time. This chop saw will earn its keep. Just built a new bench to house it. Took me many years but I'm slowly getting organized. Retirement slowly approaches. lol
So jealous.

My next project is pulling the top end off my car to do some fact finding. My wife and I JUST prioritised the projects. I made sure the car topped the list.

that's a classic 1960 chevy in the garage?
@Stltoed can you make a video going through your res. Really wanna figure how you do 1, that auto filler valve 2-res setup to the two jumbo pots:thanks:

that's a classic 1960 chevy in the garage?
@Stltoed can you make a video going through your res. Really wanna figure how you do 1, that auto filler valve 2-res setup to the two jumbo pots:thanks:
I have a 53 panel in the garage. Been thinking of selling it, but now, I'm gonna sell my Nissan instead.

This video kinda goes over my hydro rig a bit. The room is super dirty. Just about done in flower. The water is also pretty filchy. If you have questions please ask. If you need to look at another part of the system let me know

This system has 2 pots 17gal. And a res. 27 gal. I call it 50 so it makes nutrients easier and leaves some padding so burning leaves dont happen so much.
Hey mate, just been wondering: 2x17 = 34 +27(res) = 61
As seen in your pics the water level is 13 galons. If so, 3x13=39. And you say you call it 50 when you mix nutes ? So you add more nutes? I got it right?

Also, you use air stone or diffuser?
Thanks in advance, your work is admirable and inspiring.

Hey mate, just been wondering: 2x17 = 34 +27(res) = 61
As seen in your pics the water level is 13 galons. If so, 3x13=39. And you say you call it 50 when you mix nutes ? So you add more nutes? I got it right?

Also, you use air stone or diffuser?
Thanks in advance, your work is admirable and inspiring.
Nope. 13ish times 2 with a res at 24.

I use 2 diffusers

Oh. And how do you control water level in the pots?
With a float valve. Similar to a toilet... not to be rude. Works great. And the autofill function makes life SO easy. Its inline from my RO to my res. I never have to worry about water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom