My Resiviour smells bad?

doughboy79

sooooooo i have a feeling i might know the culprit.......I'm using bud candy as an additive......and reading a couple of posts about sugar in the resivour and it makes bacteria........i know that's what I'm smelling is bacteria......If this is the case how would i go about utilizing a sweetener? such as Bud Candy, Or Sweet, Etc? I know you aren't supposed to let your res go for 2 days without checking it but to have to dump your whole res and start over seems like it would drive hydro guys up the wall! I mean I'm in soil right now, about 2 weeks from harvest, but I'd still like to figure out this for future usage...i asked my hydro shop owner friends and i always get them trying to sell me some shit.......i mean there's gotta be something that you fine hydro guys can enlighten this small time dirt farmer with? some pearl of wisdom? my res is simple, 32 gallon trashcan....it only holds 15 gallons *the designers way of preventing lazy overfilling* Maybe its not the Bud Candy...maybe its something else.....but when i don't add bud candy i don't have the problem.......i doubt my nutes are the problem because last week i bought pre-mixed nutes ( hydro-shop guy trying to make a buck...mixing up nutes and selling them a gallon at a time) Anyone else have this problem? i have a regular air stone, but even my air stone gets slimey and covered in white funk....it smells like ole stanky feet or hot ass.........well anyways, any help with this would be really appreciated......until then I'll be schlepping water every 2 days.....

Back
Top Bottom