My results from topical application: amazing pain relief

Pinktiger777

Hi there - just want to share my amazing results. I say amazing, because nothing else but cannabis oil has been able to treat my painful arthritis and muscle spasms like it. And it doesn't matter whether I make it with the whole plant in the Magic Butter Machine or use Grandpa Tokin's method of freezing the bud, etc. It all works great.
Seven years ago I broke my wrist bones on my left hand, after falling while using crutches the day after I broke my left metatarsal and a bunch of other bones in my foot. The ER said a common injury. I healed, but once in awhile I get swelling on the outer bone at the wrist, and it is very painful. I rubbed the oil into the skin and the next day the swelling and most of the pain was gone. Also works on arthritis in my fingers and thumb on my right hand. And best of all, if I have a wry neck in the morning (painful spasms), I rub the oil in and the pain disappears. It isn't permanent relief, but almost.
I have to be honest. I wasn't expecting this result. I made the oil because my sister wanted some. Several times I used the oil by taking it orally and was disappointed with the results. I was expecting a high and didn't get one. I used the oil as a last resort. I already knew it was good for burns, but I'm amazed that used topically it was so effective.

That's great news. I suffer from chronic pain and various other issues muscular and skeletal issues. I would be interested to read how you prepared your oils. When you ingested them, it is likely you had an insufficient decarb or possibly went too far with it. I would encourage you try another infusion but pay close attention to the decarb process. It really does help when you are able to incorporate ingesting the meds along with topical treatment.

That's great news. I suffer from chronic pain and various other issues muscular and skeletal issues. I would be interested to read how you prepared your oils. When you ingested them, it is likely you had an insufficient decarb or possibly went too far with it. I would encourage you try another infusion but pay close attention to the decarb process. It really does help when you are able to incorporate ingesting the meds along with topical treatment.
Ok. Like I said, I’ve done it a couple of ways. My fave is to Decarb before using the solvent. But I’ve used fresh frozen herb, dried frozen herb and fresh unfrozen herb, all more or less with similar results. I can get a sense of well-being from ingesting the oil but that’s all.

Yeah, decarbing first before the solvent is the way I go about it too. I'm not as familiar with the freezing methods honestly. I got myself the Ardent Nova for my decarbing and it really did bring about much more consistency for my infusions. Instances like these is when I wish I could reach through the screen and hand you some of my oil to test. Maybe it's your particular metabolism too?! Either way, ingestion is better than nothing in my opinion. I hope your able to find something that you like. I need to continue working on a topical too. Take care!

The freezing method is probably the best if you want a golden oil without chlorophyll. It sounds strange, but it really works well. I've still got about four ounces of trim in the freezer - fresh frozen, not dried first. So once I go buy the everclear, I'm ready to do this batch and get it right. In the meantime, I have about six ounces of trim that I plan to decarb and then freeze (it is dried trim). I also have two ounces of sugar trim from a blue shiskaberry I grew last year; it has high cbd. The plan is to take all these done from slightly different methods and then mix the result. I'll report when I do.

Yeah, decarbing first before the solvent is the way I go about it too. I'm not as familiar with the freezing methods honestly. I got myself the Ardent Nova for my decarbing and it really did bring about much more consistency for my infusions. Instances like these is when I wish I could reach through the screen and hand you some of my oil to test. Maybe it's your particular metabolism too?! Either way, ingestion is better than nothing in my opinion. I hope your able to find something that you like. I need to continue working on a topical too. Take care!
I looked the Ardent Nova up. Expensive. Why not decarb in the oven? Is there a good reason to buy this?

I looked the Ardent Nova up. Expensive. Why not decarb in the oven? Is there a good reason to buy this?
So I was decarbing in the oven for a long time. Often, it was inconsistent and it would smell...A LOT! I personally don't mind it but with kids in the house and neighbors, I had to find something else. The Nova has provided the highest THC% and most consistent decarb than anything else I have tried. Considering how much I was making oil and capsules compared to buying capsules at the dispensary, it was an easy purchase. I have a couple friends that enjoy my capsules as well. I gift my meds to family and friends because I make huge batches of them. In return, they are welcome to pitch in on devices, materials, supplies, etc. Makes it easier to purchase things like this. I also purchased the tCheck device for testing the potency of flower, oils, concentrates, etc.

Hi there - just want to share my amazing results. I say amazing, because nothing else but cannabis oil has been able to treat my painful arthritis and muscle spasms like it. And it doesn't matter whether I make it with the whole plant in the Magic Butter Machine or use Grandpa Tokin's method of freezing the bud, etc. It all works great.
Seven years ago I broke my wrist bones on my left hand, after falling while using crutches the day after I broke my left metatarsal and a bunch of other bones in my foot. The ER said a common injury. I healed, but once in awhile I get swelling on the outer bone at the wrist, and it is very painful. I rubbed the oil into the skin and the next day the swelling and most of the pain was gone. Also works on arthritis in my fingers and thumb on my right hand. And best of all, if I have a wry neck in the morning (painful spasms), I rub the oil in and the pain disappears. It isn't permanent relief, but almost.
I have to be honest. I wasn't expecting this result. I made the oil because my sister wanted some. Several times I used the oil by taking it orally and was disappointed with the results. I was expecting a high and didn't get one. I used the oil as a last resort. I already knew it was good for burns, but I'm amazed that used topically it was so effective.

Hey PT. Would you mind posting or linking to your specific recipe(s) and technique(s) ? I’ve tried making salve a few times. I had generally good, but still sorta mixed results.

:thanks:

Hey PT. Would you mind posting or linking to your specific recipe(s) and technique(s) ? I’ve tried making salve a few times. I had generally good, but still sorta mixed results.

:thanks:
Sure thing. What I do is, first take the trim or bud you want to use, grind it in a food processor until it is a powder and decarb it in the oven at 240 F for 45 min. Then I put that in the freezer along with everclear. For 24 hours at least. To make the concentrate, put a coffee filter in a strainer that fits easily over a bowl or jar. Then put the ground bud in a mason jar, pour everclear over it, and then swirl it around for a minute. Then pour the bud and everclear into the coffee filter in the strainer over the bowl or jar, and let gravity do its thing. May take awhile. After 30 minutes, take the liquid in the jar and strain this through a clean coffee filter. I then put this in the top of a double boiler, over water on an ELECTRIC stove. Ventilation is vital. I turn on the exhaust fan to high, and open the door if necessary.
I cook this down to the concentrate, except I pour a little of the oil I’m using in at the end, and then I don’t have to scrape the pot. I just cook it a bit more to be sure the alcohol is burned off. Then I mix it into the oil I’m using. This method also works for making butter.
I like this method because it gets a true golden oil.
Never do this without sufficient ventilation. Never do this on a gas stove or an open flame. Alcohol is flammable and explosive.

@Weaselcracker, I make a body lotion with pure jojoba oil. Just pour the finished product into a bottle of the oil.

Back
Top Bottom