My sativa, I love her.

a green light during dark period doesnt sound too good man... it's called dark period for a reason :p

lol, you're right, you should stop asap

Plants can't see green light so it doesn't interupt the dark cycle. If the plant won't flower it's due to another light leak or reason.
When you open your door to enter your room is there another type of light that might leak in temporarily?

yes, but it was only for a quick quick second, I got the impression on the internet that it wouldn't be a big deal if it was only for a little bit. But yeah I'll keep it to a minimum and I'll get some pictures when I get some more buds :)

It's kinda nice with the plant revegging a little...I'm seeing alot more areas with buds/hairs now. Thanks guys.

That little second is all it takes. Why do you feel the need to go into the room during the dark cycle at all? There should be nothing that needs to be done during the dark period. Watering should be done at first light or lights on to prevent too much moisture in tha air. Mold is a bitch to get rid of and ruins a crop.

I'm in my grow room all the time during dark periods. If I don't have the 60 watt bulb burning, I use a flash light. If you think about it, night time in the real world isn't dark at all. A lot of sunlight reflects off of the moon and comes from many other sources. A little bit of light for short periods each night is not going to cause vegging. The light has to be coming from a constant source and has to be present every night for the plant to respond. Figure out where the light is getting in and plug it up.

Well the grow room has my clothes in it for one, and I also switch the heater back in fourth from my room to the closet. (My roommate shut the heat off and we just use little heaters in our rooms most of the time....sucks but whatever its all good. Anyway, it gets REALLY cold in the closet, and really fast too. There is a little bit of air that seeps in cause of the attic.. But I've been pretty good the last too nights about not letting ANY light in. I don't water at night either, I never go in the room after dark to attend the plant.

And yeah gorilla I always thought that too...because I was worried about the light from my window hitting the plant and I was like shit..that doesn't make sense lol

damn, i hope you find that leak,m,, them hermies are no fun..

Hope you figure that out dude.

I used cardboard/tape to discontinue any light going under the door.. I usually use a towel but I figured this would be better. I went in the grow room tonight and no light is getting through at all so I dunno why it's still vegging.. but hopefully it's stopping.. I also bought another 300W light that only uses 65 watts so she'll be getting a shitload of light!! When I get everything set up I'll put some pictures up.

Out of all my experiences, posts and books read and discussions for all my years of indoor growing has said NO light at all. Obviously something has been keeping your buds in veg and you admit that you have been entering your room at night. The way I see it you can do two things...stop doing what you are doing and see if makes a difference or continue what your doing and never flower your plant. You have to rule things out. Light stops the flowering hormone called flurol. This flurol builds up over a period. When you add light the flow stops and build up has to begin from the beginning. That alone suggests a dark room is more desireable than one with light. You may not get a hermie or actually hurt your plant but you ARE extending your flowering period. IMO you need to stay out of your room during dark hours unless you like it to take longer to flower.

PS...you bought a 65 watt light that uses 65 watts. It's suppose to be equal to a 300 watter but in reality..it's 65 watts no matter how you look at it. When trying to get to that 50watts per square foot recomendation you will add65 watts to the equasion, not 300 watts. Sorry if it apppears as if I'm preaching but a new grower might actually think that you are using a 300watt light and might buy one of those thinking it's this real powerful light when in reality it's only 65 watts.

truth...ive seen it all too many times already.... never trust =to.....always just what it uses...just echoin racefan...
shh

I hope that fixes your problem bro, I can't wait to check it out next time I'm around the area.

But that would mean this plant would only have been surviving on 80 watts...if thats true then damn thats pretty wild...thanks for the info about that, I never thought to second guess the lights...and I've seen so many other people on here using them so I figured what the hell. Either way... I went and bought some more lights...I have a total of 725W on the plant as of today....but the lights only use a total of 166W.

Simply put..I only went into the room when I had too. I was either putting the heater in the closet, taking it out, or getting clothes, ect. I went in the growroom yesterday and waited for the lights to turn off...NO light at all is getting through now. She has a bunch more vegatation, but also more buds so either way, I'm ok with it vegging more.. Some of the hairs are still darkening too. I doubled the amount of lights (wattage) today so hopefully that has a good outcome! I'm excited to see how she looks in a couple weeks. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'll take pictures today or tomorrow when I snag the camera.

Looking forward to it

not sure about the lumens dude... I'll check out the package when I get to the store next time.

Heres a couple lights I added...
334602411.JPG

And here's the vegetation
334602681.JPG

Some crystals
33460255.JPG

334602461.JPG

one of the branches
334602611.JPG

Its hard to get an accurate reading on the lumen's because you can't just add them all up and thats what your output is. At least that is what I was told.

i thought diff lights put out diff lumens/watt. online, my lights say they put out 92lumenper watt.

ouch.... 11,279.... It seems to be doing fine though... the buds are finally starting to progress more, so that kicks ass. It's really budding alot now so I think it's on the right track. wahoo!!! Smells amazing!!!

OK enough "watts" talk...how many lumens is what we need to know when using CFL's. Can you fill us in on that?

^ finally... people need to know that plants dont use watts but instead they use the lumens outputted by the CFLs.

MX6.... nice buds u got goin there man.. the lights are a good addition :allgood:

Back
Top Bottom