• 1 x MH bulb
  • 2 x 125mm Cool tube hoods
  • 2 x 250w blue spectrum cfl's
  • 26 amp contactor relay
  • 2 x digital timers

Soil Pots ect...
  • 16 x 11l square pots
  • 10 x 16l rectangle pots
  • 10 x 3l deep circular pots (may not get used)
  • 4 x 50l bags of Plagron light mix
  • 2 x 50l bags of Canna terra pro plus soil
  • 5kg bag of garden lime
  • Nutes canna Terra range
  • Large heated propagator
  • 1 m3 drip tray

Irrigation

• 120L water butt
  • Circulation pump with air stone
  • 5000L/hour submersible pump with watering wand attached ( i tend to use a watering can alot of the time)
  • 200w tank heater
  • Essentials pH meter
  • Liquid pH tester as backup/second opinion
  • Soil pH liquid testing kit (not very good not sure if i will use it)
  • Essentials E.C meter
  • Soil moisture meter (don't use any more as i prefer to use my finger)
  • Soil pH meter (cheap one that i don't trust)
  • pH up/down solution

Seeds
  • 15 dutch passion feminized Power plant seeds

Notes

• I was going to invest in a 5 stage reverse osmosis machine for this grow but in the end i couldn't afford one which im a bit guttered about but oh well i will get one next time round
  • I will be using 2/3 Plagron light mix and 1/3 Canna terra pro plus as i found the pro plus to be a little hot last time i think this mix will take the plants to the end of veg without needing any nutes in the water
  • I will be mixing garden lime to my soil before transplanting my seedlings hopefully this will buffer the pH for a few months
  • I will start to lst'n every plant when they get to about 8" then i will most likely top them as well
  • I will be stripping off a lot of the lower bud sites/growth so that more of the plants energy is focused on the tops and so that air can get under the plants

I hope you all enjoy this grow and thanks to all that showed a interest and helped me during my last grow.

Ok lets get going!

Re: My second grow 1200w Power plant.

Ok here is my first pictures they haven't been above soil for long i think its been just over a week or so i should write these things down really but with all the white widow from my last crop lying around its easy to get lazy :) all 15 of my seeds germinated very quickly! i was going to leave them in a glass of water for 24 hours but they started to crack open in about 14-16 hours so i carefully put them in between some moist tissue then about 6 hours later in to root riot cubes and they all popped up within 2 days. I noticed that PP seeds are a lot smaller then white widows seeds i think that's why they germinate so quick they are also very uniform. I have cut some squares out of some plastic sheeting and popped the root riot cubes in them and placed them on top of some small pots this will keep light off the roots and create a little bit of humidity so the cubes don't dry out to quick.

baby_pp_s2.jpg

baby_pp_3.jpg

they stretched a little bit but i moved the light closer so not much to worry about. I started the first few weeks last grow on 24/0 lighting but im on 18/6 now so that the roots have more time to develop. Will a longer dark cycle make the plants stretch more? in hindsight i wish i did 20/4 so my plants would get a nice amount of light and a bit of time for root formation i would change it but im to worried that bouncing the photo period about will stress the plants and increase the chance of hermaphrodites.

Lol just noticed that Ive gone through the trouble of listing all my equipment and Ive completely forgot to list what I'm growing in so for every one that doesn't know from my last grow I'm using the dr240 grow tent (2.4m x 1.2m x 2.0m)

ahhh transplanting what a bloody mess it was! because i was mixing 2 different types of soil and some dolomite lime together i had to do it in my bath tub i put in 2 50l bags of plagron light mix and 1 50l bag of canna terra pro plus so that's 150 liters of messy soil in my bath.

soil_bath.jpg

I mixed it by hand for quite a while trying to be as thorough as possible i hope all the lime got evenly mixed in.

I have transplanted all 15 seedlings in to 11l pots im wasting light a little bit because i cant bunch them up in the bigger pots but this way i will only need to transplant one more time about half way through veg i will transplant in to 16l pots.

transplant22.jpg

just_transplanted.jpg

I have set my 600w Mh at about 130cm away from the seedlings on this picture you can see i hung a silk top under the light for a few days so the light wasn't as intense for the newly transplanted baby's.

transplant11.jpg

I was a bit annoyed with the soil because it saturated a bit so that the soil wasn't as close to the top of the pots as i would have liked. It wont make to much difference but i wont be able to lst as well now.

Ive got about 10 buckets of water sitting in my tent like the one you can see in the picture of the seedlings my fan sits behind the buckets agitating the water surface bringing the humidity up to a near perfect 55-70% and my temps are 22-26c (71.6-78.8f)>day and 18-21c (64.4-69.8f)>night

When they get a little bigger, you can add more soil to bring it up to the top. It will help support the stem also when you LST them.

I fill my pots very lightly with soil and I don't shake it very much or pack it down, so it settles quite a bit and the level drops. I just refill them back up to the top and the plants like the extra support and the extra roots they can throw.

Hello Setting sun yeah i do the same as you i lightly put the soil in and don't pack it i should have done this and then put more soil on top and watered again until it was at the level i wanted it the reason i did it how i did was because i put the seedlings in then watered afterwards so i couldn't add more soil. If i was to add more soil when they get a bit bigger will i be running the risk of rotting the stem?

"Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun" I'm assuming your a Pink floyd fan then? i absolutely love them i went to see a tribute band called the floyd effect a few weeks ago and they were amazing!

Hello Setting sun yeah i do the same as you i lightly put the soil in and don't pack it i should have done this and then put more soil on top and watered again until it was at the level i wanted it the reason i did it how i did was because i put the seedlings in then watered afterwards so i couldn't add more soil. If i was to add more soil when they get a bit bigger will i be running the risk of rotting the stem?

No, it shouldn't rot the stem. What will happen is that any part of the stem that is buried will grow roots, and the additional soil will provide more stability for the plant.

You can also add some extra goodies to the soil you use to top dress your pots. Some extra worm castings, guano, etc., will help keep your soil fortified for later in the grow.

"Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun" I'm assuming your a Pink floyd fan then? i absolutely love them i went to see a tribute band called the floyd effect a few weeks ago and they were amazing!

Wow, any band that can cover Pink Floyd tunes well has my respect.

I am a very big Pink Floyd fan. I remember ditching school when I was a kid so I could stay home, put on the headphones, smoke some weed, and crank some Floyd ;).

I am also a very big fan of their song titles, especially that one. It has some profound meaning for me on several different levels.

To go more in depth on that, I would have to get all spiritual, but it's a song title that I feel sort of defines my life and I can't read it without it affecting my spirit and energizing me.

Cheers to Floyd.. i also saw a cover band "Wish you were here" at a festival in ohio, it just so happened to be like.. a week? after syd died :( ... that was an amazing show and just place to be that weekend

haha doc that bathtub shot is Absolutely great.. im glad you actually posted that, thas awesome

Back
Top Bottom