My setup - Critique

zyph

First off I would like to introduce myself and say hello to everyone here at 420Magazine, I really look forward to expanding my knowledge with such a community..

I would like to ask a little question concerning my current grow if you don't mind!

Right now my setup is a little awkward I would have to say.. I'm currently using a 400w MH bulb and a 250W HPS bulb at the same time setup to a timer, My main concern is the 250W HPS bulb and running the MH and HPS at the same time during veg and flowering.. Would this be ok?

Cooling is not a problem I got about 8,000CFM of air movement through that room to keep it at a constant temperature and 1,000 of that is coming from one fan in particular that is pointed straight onto my lights keeping the heat from even getting close to my plants.. The lights are about 12-13 inches away from the plants ( I could raise them up higher if I had some opinions stating that it might be a good idea provided I have the cooling )

I plan on getting a 400 or 600W HPS and just using the MH for moms and vegging cycle but I was wanting to get some opinions on using both of them for vegging/flowering.. I plan to only grow about 4 plants total provided I can get enough clones..

Any input would be GREATLY appreciated..

Also feel free to ask me any questions regarding my setup, I'll be sitting here refreshing this page waiting for responses, I want to get as much knowledge as I can to improve my setup! Although I do realize a 250W HPS isn't very sufficient I will be changing that all soon.. All of my equipment for this was completely free which is why I even started in the first place..

Thanks a lot.. :peace: :cool: :cool:

Howdy and Welcome :cheesygrinsmiley:

It's better for the HPS to be larger than the MH during Flowering

now that I read all of it,
I would double/straight MH during veg
and then run double/straight HPS in flowering

then play with it to see how my strains reacted to different setups

Alright, I really would like to see myself with the MH setup for the mom and clones and then see me using a 600w HPS for my flowering cycle, but right now I have no way to purchase things online due to no credit card, and no store in my town carries over 150watt HPS's :(

I just feel if you are gonna use to different lights, anytime,
you really need a light mover

it's easier to get mixed spectrum even in a smaller area ,
say floroTubes or CFLs
then it is in a larger area that a HID would cover...
you would need the lights to move to get even coverage over them.

I'd spend that money on more lights
and stay straight MH in veg and HPS in flower

RainMan!!!
my spellin' and grammar ain't that bad is it?

Alright, I really would like to see myself with the MH setup for the mom and clones and then see me using a 600w HPS for my flowering cycle, but right now I have no way to purchase things online due to no credit card, and no store in my town carries over 150watt HPS's :(

Oh Damn, That's a problem.

Got an electrical supply .. build them .. but you'll still need bulbs.
Go get one of those pay as you go credit cards.

:bong:

Is it normally banks that sell those pay as you go credit cards or some other source? I've never bought one although it sounds like a badass idea haha Thanks for the tip! :peace::cool: :cool:

Good luck with the grow matey. Our grow gurus will be there with you during your grow for reference if you need help. I'm very glad you joined our community.

All I can say is wow.. I really appreciate all this information I have already received since I've been here, It's really quite amazing how much friendlier this community is aside from another community I came from. But people there were just extremely rude and most people were very clueless when it came to quite a few things..

Thanks again and it's a good feeling knowing I can actually be comfortable here :)

:peace::cool::cool:

There are a couple good threads with pics on takin' cutting for clones,
about topping and fimmin'(pruning for multi colas)

But I can't seem to find them,
maybe we can get the authors to dump 'em in here for ya' ...

oh!! he was askin' about topping and clones in PMs
and I can't find the threads with pics on taking cuttings.

I hate the word pruning
'cuz I always throw "pruning trash" in dirt for clones.

Thanks Man :cheesygrinsmiley:

Just part of my Mission.
If we hide from each other and withHold Knowledge,
how da'Hell we gonna Unite against the Forces of Evil?!!!?
And win Our War?

Amen!

Those articles would be awesome, I'll take a look around for them once I fulfill my agenda for today hehe, sooo much stuff to do and so little time, I hate it, but thats life!

:peace::smokin::cool:

Back
Top Bottom