My Small Attic Grow

Firstly I would like to thank 420 mag for the hempy birthday wishes they sent me. Next no new pics but I have decided to lst Walmart #3 now before it touches the lights. It has deff stretched and is now almost an inch away. They all continue to look good and ill post pics later today or on thurs. Probably today cuz I like pictures. It gives me a decent time line to look at.

rsz_sspx0543.jpg

Just a quick group shot before I head off to bed for the night. Decided to Lst #3 so have it loosely tied down for now will further tie down when it starts stretching back up.

So I decided to fimm lil S so now lil S and Sully are being fimmed and The marts both have been lsted. I think this sunday I will start the 12/12 lighting cycle to induce flowering. The 2 Walmarts both have been growing for coming up on 56 days so In my opinion that should be plenty of veg time compared to the size of the grow room. I decided to go ahead and flower them where they are due to the fact that the girlfriend said I can set up a 4'x2'x6' hydro grow room to grow veggies and other stuff so I think my next grow will be in the grow room too.. now for a few pics.
SSPX0551.jpg

top shot of Sully
SSPX0555.jpg

Side shot of Sully
SSPX0552.jpg

Lil S recovering from fim yesterday
SSPX0553.jpg

Side shot of my pride thus far Walmart #1 and lil S
SSPX0562.jpg

And lastly group shot of the four plants looking good and recovering from the torture I put to them. A small side note I did some trimming yesterday to dead and dying fan leaves on walmart #1 and Sully. I know from reading it takes two to three days recovery time from stress that we may cause, so my question is Sunday to early to change to 12/12 or should I wait till some time next week after I'm sure they recover? Any help on the question would be much appreciated.:yummy:

Small totally side note. Decided to leave transparent container uncovered on two sides to see if the cfl's affect the root structure. I took a pic but it didn't come out good. But from what I have seen on Lil S root structure is the cfl's are not bright enough to effect them at all. The exposed roots are a very nice white color and the tiny fibrous roots are covered in hairs and white also. There are no signs of browning at all on the roots surprised me, so I think personally as long as they are cfl's the lights probably wont burn the root system. But I could be wrong and it takes longer than two weeks of exposed roots to start to show signs of light burn.

Teij....looking very nice my man! FWIW, we FIM'd and LST'd and of the two I think I like the results (after 5 weeks of flower) from the FIM better. More bud sites and generally a better looking plant...granted, I am no expert and it turned out that only one each of our FIM and LST plants were female. Overall, not a very good sample population, but it is all that I have to work with. At any rate, good luck on your grow.....looking good so far.

:grinjoint:Just a small mental update saving it here for long term memory. Checked on the plants today noticed almost 6 possible cola sites on Walmart #1. Lil S is slowly recovering from the fimmin. Walmart #3 still doing good recovering from lsting and a tightening of the string today. Poor Sully, Most of older foliage is turning yellow. Im thinking this could be due to previous over watering. I plan on picking up some hydrogen peroxide tomorrow to try to kill off any root rot and bacteria there might be plus originate the soil. Not sure where I read that but Im sure I read it here on 420mag some where. The newer growth is still a nice shade of green but I would still rather try to cut the root rot off at the pass if I still can. Im sure its cuz Im a stoner and keep forgetting just because the pot is smaller doesnt mean it needs to be watered more often. If Sully bites it no big loss maybe Ill just move outside and leave alone for awhile. Either way still enjoying every minute of this grow and hope to have fewer issues on a follow up grow. Be it in soil or hydro.:grinjoint:

SSPX0576.jpg

Moved Sully outside and will move back inside in couple of weeks. Im hoping the sun will help dry out soil better till I get it on a proper water cycle. Even though it continues to grow most of the growth is a bright yellow. If it dies eh still got the other three to watch.
SSPX0575.jpg

Group shot moved them a little closer to lights now that there is a little more room. I will be changing the light cycle to a 12/12 tomorrow and hope I get some girlz. Also will be changing the bulbs to 5 2700 kelvin and 1 6500 kelvin bulb.

So the lights just came on no pic update yet want to give them some more time. One small note I think I found some balls. I think ill give it at least another week before I chop chop if they are and no hairs pop out too. If it does end up bein a male Ill just start again with two weeks outside then move a new one inside. maybe it will hermie and at least Ill get some free seeds of something I grew myself.lol I think Sully is on its way back to recovery. Sully has been outside going on two full days and the yellowing is starting to recede and turning a shade or two of green. Ill continue to leave outside for awhile and if recovers maybe take back inside and force into sexing.

Looking good teiji2! FYI just a little advice you don't want to grow hermie seeds b/c they produce hermie plants..

Keep up the good work..

Small update. Waiting till 2pm for inside lights to come on so I can water and check #1 for actual balls or if it was my imagination and they are just new node sprouts. I do have a new image of Sully recovering fully outside and my 12 day old indica sprout outside.
rsz_17856344125_orig.jpg

Heres Sully putting more effort into height rather then bushiness. I think I might top Sully since I kind of want to keep it small and bushy. Perhaps try to turn the cutting into a clone and move inside. Either way if #1 ends up male and i cut I have others I can move inside to compensate for the cock block inside.

Its now been seven days on the 12/12 light cycle. Still no sure signs of males or females. I went ahead and lst lil S as its been a full week since the topping. Here are a couple images.
SSPX0640.jpg

Lil S recovering from the Lst, starting to curl back up.
SSPX0641.jpg

Walmart #1 and lil S I topped #1 where the balls or what I thought were balls were growing. As of now still no further signs one way or the other.
SSPX0639.jpg

Group shot in the box.
Also must note started the flowering nutes today. only 1/4 strength from what it recommends. I also went ahead and topped Sully outside and am trying to turn the clipping into a clone to put into the flower box as soon as it takes for sexing. If Sully turns out to be a female I will plan on setting her up as a bonsai and be training for that. Cant wait to see for sure if I have any girls in the box. Just wish I could make it go faster. But ahh well patience is a virtue and necessity with non auto-flowers.

Lights kicked on at two and When I checked Lil S showed a nice set of balls showing up. Went ahead and cut Lil S out of the picture so now its just waiting game on Walmart #1 n #3. Here are a few image updates.
SSPX0644.jpg

Walmart #1 being lsted on a few side shoots now that lil s is gone.
SSPX0646.jpg

Group shot of whats left. #1 is on the left #3 on the rights both seeming to continue to grow nicely.
Small note on Sully from outside, the topping didnt faze Sully to much new growth is evident and the clipping now in rooting pod isnt drooping as of yet. Right now the pod is in a tiny clay pot inside a decent size ziplock baggy. I open the bag 2 to 3 times a day and leave a 1inch opening on the top. Hoping ill see some hairs popping soon.

No signs yet of preflowers or balls on either walmart #1 or #3. Today marks a full two weeks on 12/12. The lights wont be kicking on till later so the pics I have are from yesterday. Im still amazed at the size difference between the two but still have learned so much from other journals and this one of my own. Still looking forward to sexing these two sativas of mine but as they came from a bag who knows what they really are or are hybrids of. I think next time Ill keep the indica types that sprout and try them out.
SSPX0668.jpg

Walmart #1 looking bushy only stands about six inches high. and around eight inches on the tips. It has been ten weeks approximately from the sprout for both #1 n #3
SSPX0667.jpg

#3 getting bigger but still not close to catching up on #1. Im pretty sure the size difference is thanks to the different lengths they stayed in old miracle grow soil instead of the new soil I have.
Still looking forward to the real first signs of sex. Almost positive #1 has reached maturity and should show signs soon. But if not patience is all I require plus a lot of :roorrip::roorrip::roorrip: to help with the forgetting of im impatient lol

Hard to say really, they are indeed short but could quite possibly be 'shortstuff' genetics or seeds. :thumb:

I have no signs of preflowers either after about a month noiw and my plants up to about 14 inches or more some of them. I hoped they would reach maturity before I put them into flowering but they are getting worryingly tall now.

Hard to say really, they are indeed short but could quite possibly be 'shortstuff' genetics or seeds.

I think its the lack of growth room I have given them that is keeping them small. It is a tiny box they are growing in and I have kept the lights relatively close to prevent them from growing to big. I only raised the lights as they stretched up until now where the lights are just shy of being mounted to the top. Plus lots of training and lst indeed helped greatly to keep them short in stature. One way or the other Im sure one will show signs eventually lol. I do take comfort in the fact that no balls have shown up as of yet other then lil s who is gone and the part of #1 I topped that I thought had shown signs.

I dont think the light distance is anything to do with it in this case, with all due respect of course. The lst definately will help them get bushier but I think the lack of height is simply down to genetics and the cfl's. It doesnt matter tho of course so long as they produce some wicked smoke to last you through the next grow

:thumb: :peacetwo:

3lions not sure if its genetics since the seeds came from bagseed probably from mexico, but I think you have something there with the cfl lights. Although I must say I'm glad they are small for if they were not they would soon be to big for my little box in the attic. Im sure the lst is a great help in keeping them small but I think im starting to lean towards the lighting. The bag they came out of to me was like our christmas bud that comes through that smells super dank and is super tasty. From what I have been reading about sativas online is they take longer to flower so patience is key in my Attic grow. Cant wait till I have signs of flower since that is the reason we as a community of smokers start growing. I think cannabis is a beautiful flowering plant and cant wait for the day I can grow freely in my yard to add its glory to my landscape. But thats still years and years away so Ill stick to my attic and bonsai I have started outside. Glad you decided to start flowering 3lions and am looking forward to the sharks and the cheeses to make you a proud papa of little princesses lol.:smokin::smokin:

Back
Top Bottom