my soil grow

NewGuy1986

ok guys and girls im not sure if is the right place to post this, well here goes im using LED lighting 135w ufo unit 18/6, soil by west+, a basic fan system to move air around the unit, thats pretty much it im just keeping things simple i have struggled with lighting i started off with an led panel a cheap 225 light unit from ebay, it done the job but lacked the power after 2 weeks i brought the ufo unit and was suprised in the diffrence in light it produced, im now 4 weeks in and i have notied a few diffrent things the leaves have started to brown at the tips curl up and some yellow spots have appeard now is this from over watering i have been watering every 3 days and a very light feed mix every 6 days,from what ive read im watering to much also i belive my plants to be stunted due to the poor lighting in the 1st 2 weeks, could the feed of nutrients also cause this if feed to early.
being 4 weeks in on an auto dinafem lemon haze no2 grow both plants look complety diffrent 1 is way bigger stronger and looks like a plant the other is smaller looks more like a palm tree, it is in a slightly smaller pot and has been a little lower than the taller plant from the light will this slow growth
id like to share some pictures but cant figure out how to upload them,this is my 1st time to the forum so bare with me please
thankyou

here are some pictures
DSC_001254.JPG

View image in gallery

sorry for the pictures being rotated i cant seem to figure out how to turn them on te uploader page as soon as they are uploaded they turn ive read the how to upload guide and still cant figure it out.
anyways could someone tell me if im right by saying ive over waterd from the pictures i also had the light way to close and burnt some of the leaves, some feed back would be helpfull this is all new to me
thanks

Alright there buddy,sounds like your getting on not to badly.not sure about the problem you have as I'm a pure newby but you could possibly be burning your babies with too much nutes/feed? Does your soil already have nutes n that in it?
I'm only just starting out myself(waiting on seeds arriving) I'm going to use john innes no.1 potting soil with perlite mixed through.because the soil has nutes n food to last for 3-4 weeks,I was only going to water my babies until there ready to be moved into bigger pots then try to find out what to give them.
I've seen a trial pack of bio bizz,it has 3 different bottles for different stages.its pretty reasonable priced.
Let me know your thoughts bud,cheers.

Hey and thanks for your reply, I'm a noob here aswell :D and yes my soil has a high nutrition count it's a west+ wasn't cheap but didn't want to buy crap it's also already premixed with perlite. So far I'm sure I have nutrient burn and nitrogen issues it's just solving the problems now, I haven't watered them for 3 days now and I've boiled some water and left it air as my water is super heavy, I'm going to flush them out try and release the excess nitrogen and then water in another 4 days if needed and possibly by this time I may start a light nutrition feed.
And dusty I'd go straight into a big pot mine are 15-20cm tall especially if it's an auto again from reading other threads they don't like being transferred whether I'm right I'm not sure , I just put the sprouted seed straight in to a big pot

Hey new guy,my babies aren't auto's.I was going to get them but changed my mind at the last minute. I'm planting them first thing in the morning.should bed seeing some movement in a couple of shifts.I will try to strt a journal when its took off.

Sound as I think I'll journal my 2nd as I should have learnt a bit more by then I'm just taking notes for this grow, what made you change your mind about your seeds

Some auto's are big yielders not sure what I'll get in the end we shall see

heres a little update i flushed my 2 babies yesterday with a couple of liters of boiled water left to air as my water is really heavey to solve some nutrition burn and nitrogen problem, i flushed till the run off from the bottom was clear left to drain for 30min or so then put them back, within hours i noticed the plants looked so much better and new growth coming through fast
here are a few pictures

Hey fella long time they're looking good, what you got growing there, my 2 lemon haze are almost ready to harvest only a few week's left just waiting for a new microscope just to make sure there just right to harvest

I'm good mate just recovering from a couple of operations, and nice, 1st time stick with 1 light cycle to be safe, either 18/6 or 20/4
What are your light cycles atm

good mate just recovering from a couple of operations, and nice, 1st time stick with 1 light cycle to be safe, either 18/6 or 20/4
What are your light cycles atm

If anything keep it at 18/6 fella and that's the beginnings of your buds :D
You could switch to 20/4 to help maximise production.
I'll be harvesting next week my lemon haze are 10-11 week's old now and aren't very budie but still look tastey really frosted and super tight buds.
And my afghan kush is a monster, I'm amazed how much I've learnt and hopefully have no more issues or little hick ups, I'll add some pics soon and looking forward to seeing some of yours

Back
Top Bottom