My stomach & digestive system doesn't metabolize THC in edibles I've tried - Advice?

swansod

Hi Everyone,

I've been using medical marijuana for pain with good results. I don't like smoking it and would prefer edibles.

At first I tried making firecrackers. I read up on how to make them and followed the directions, paying attention to use oily peanut butter. I even doubled the amount of marijuana in each firecracker. I would try one then another until I ate all 6 of them. I felt no effects of marijuana's pain relief compared to good pain relief when I smoke it. I thought I was doing something wrong.

Next I went to a medical marijuana dispensary located in Brookline, Massachusetts and purchased some Shatter, a few Rempen Vaporizer Cartridges, a bottle of 30 (10mg) Upside Capsules, a few Dark Chocolate Dose Bars 100mg per bar (Sativa)

I own a V2 Pro Series 7 Vaporizer with interchangeable heads so you can switch from herb to wax/shatter to liquid. The Shatter worked great although very messy, the Rempen's were weak but when I punctured the Rempen's liquid cartridge and used it in my V2 the liquid also worked very well.

The Dark Chocolate Dose Bar can be broken into 20mg pieces so I started out with a 20mg piece. I felt nothing at all after 2 hours. Next time I tried the rest of the bar which was 80mg. Hours and hours went by and again I felt no effect at all. I then tried the Upside Capsules and had the same results. No matter how many capsules I took they didn't work on me.

My girlfriend has her Medical Marijuana card, she has major pain issues like myself. She purchased and tried 20mg of the Dark Chocolate Dose Bar and after about an hour all her pain went away and she was quite happy and smiling all night. It was really nice to see her not in this awful pain plus in a super great mood. The effect of the edible lasted a very long time compared to smoking marijuana.

My question is should I give up on trying any of the other edibles? I've read other posts that say some people just can't metabolize THC in the edibles and I've read other posts that say try this or that edible, Cheba Chews were one recommended but these are not available at my dispensary.

They also have for edibles, Dose Lozenge Orange or Raspberry (Long-lasting, fruit flavored confection), Dose Cubes (Easy to dose, fruit flavored chews), Dose Nugget (Chewy, cocoa caramel treat). My gut feeling is these won't work for me.

At my dispensary right now they have what's called a Wishing Well Tincture, you put the drops under your tongue. Would this be worth a try?

Thanks!

Dana

Re: My stomach & digestive system doesn't metabolize THC in edibles I've tried - Adv

I also have a very high tolerance and this works for me. I use about this much mostly every day and smoke a lot for pain.

Strong Tincture

Or If you can get some Rick Simpson Oil "RSO". But if your not growing your own and you are forced to buy it ingesting it might not be the way to go.

Re: My stomach & digestive system doesn't metabolize THC in edibles I've tried - Adv

Try the tincture from the dispensery if it is worth it in price. They will market it saying something like "100mg THC" this means it contains .1 grams of decarbed BHO or RSO. So if its cheaper to get the Shatter and make your own then do it that way.

I also have this issue! I even wrote to my dispensary complaining about their products at first before I realized I don't metabolize THC in edibles either! Vaping, dabbing or smoking only sadly. I have not found any edible, tintature, pill or oil that works for me yet. i will however be trying to bake or cook my own since I have been growing my own!! Fingers crossed I find a strain or magic type of edible that I can feel!!!

I don't know if this is related to my problem. But I also experience Stomach issue before. At first, I thought it was related to edibles and smoking. But my doctor said that it's because i'm acidic. So he advice not to eat spicy food, dairy products and milk. What even sad is no more coffee for me :(

Back
Top Bottom