My thoughts on a bigger DWC, does this track?

Gadget Man

This is my first grow. DWC is 3.5 gallons which means i'm using about 1.5-2 gallons of nutrient solution. I find myself correcting the ph just about everyday. My poor plant keeps getting burned on the tips. My research says this means my plant is eating well. My ppm has gone up as well. I'm preparing a 17 gal tote and I am going to just put the plant, net pot and all in the new tote. My thinking is more water, less fluctuation in ppm and ph. It will still rise but not as fast. Also, with a larger pot I get more roots. More root, more fruit.
Thoughts?

This is my first grow. DWC is 3.5 gallons which means i'm using about 1.5-2 gallons of nutrient solution. I find myself correcting the ph just about everyday. My poor plant keeps getting burned on the tips. My research says this means my plant is eating well. My ppm has gone up as well. I'm preparing a 17 gal tote and I am going to just put the plant, net pot and all in the new tote. My thinking is more water, less fluctuation in ppm and ph. It will still rise but not as fast. Also, with a larger pot I get more roots. More root, more fruit.
Thoughts?

You are correct! The larger the res, the more stable. And, you'll likely want at least a 5-gallon res to grow anything of any real size. If PPM's are rising, it means she's drinking more than she's feeding and you can probably lower the PPM's. The burnt tips means you're pushing the limits on the nutes and another indication to back off the PPM's.

:Namaste:

K

Back
Top Bottom